V3.1.0 - Actuator module is pretty useless

it s not useless, it s meant for soldiers with low strength

you use it on weak soldiers not on strong ones

for instance soldier with 61 strength goes from 74/91 to 86/116

it is +25 strength (not +15),  also you are wrong to think strength is only about carrying stuff, getting multiple shots on a target does require strength for instance.

These add-ons should be displayed on the suit or the model of the soldier, and not just thrown in the back pack, Yes you we need to change the graphics, but it would enhance the look of the game, as well as feel more realistic.  It is just a cheap work around, but this really needs to be fixed, if you are going to keep the player involved in the game? The back pack is what it is, just a way of carrying extra equipment, that is not going to be used immediately, and it just look cheap?

• Like 1

depending on the suit being worn, slots should be placed around that suit that could house a number of modules, that would enhance the suit capabilities, you could just take a module and put in that slot near were that module would be of benefit,  why is that so hard!!

On 2/24/2024 at 12:54 PM, Emily_F said:

Before adding an actuator module:

image.thumb.png.079e35e764b97fff97374c2a80f75fb2.png

Then after adding one, increasing strength by 15, and only getting +4 carry weight:

image.thumb.png.18c6989f4da896be2cc4060630bd8093.png

auto_strategy_after_intercept-194.json 943.81 kB · 0 downloads

Being able to see the Strength value of the soldier here would have been quite helpful!

The carry capacity formula is simple, and is 30 + 1 for every point of Strength the soldier has. Strength is capped at 100, so the most you can have is 130 Carry Capacity. Part of the problem here is that you're putting an item that gives +25 Strength onto a unit that looks like it already has 85 Strength, so the excess 10 Strength is wasted.

Then because the module weighs 12, you're only effectively getting +3 carrying capacity.

Part of this is a balance issue; I think I'll reduce the Actuator to give +20 Strength but only have 5 weight. But exceeding 100 Strength still won't be possible as there's a lot of things in the game that assume a soldier caps out at 100 Strength.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Being able to see the Strength value of the soldier here would have been quite helpful!

The carry capacity formula is simple, and is 30 + 1 for every point of Strength the soldier has. Strength is capped at 100, so the most you can have is 130 Carry Capacity. Part of the problem here is that you're putting an item that gives +25 Strength onto a unit that looks like it already has 85 Strength, so the excess 10 Strength is wasted.

Then because the module weighs 12, you're only effectively getting +3 carrying capacity.

Part of this is a balance issue; I think I'll reduce the Actuator to give +20 Strength but only have 5 weight. But exceeding 100 Strength still won't be possible as there's a lot of things in the game that assume a soldier caps out at 100 Strength.

Hi @Chris the original strength was 85.  It was 100 after.  Sorry, I didn't realise I had clipped it out!!  The post didn't make sense without it lol.  But, yeah, now I realise it isn't designed for high-strength trooper. 

Edited by Emily_F

16 hours ago, Chris said:

5 weight sounds ridiculous while Knife has 10

Set it zero, and add supportive text:

Perhaps you could add to the actuator description = > weight of the device is 50, however once the soldier takes it on, it is self supporting, so it feels like it weights 0 (zero)

Then actuator adds 20 strength and 20 carry capacity. Pretty straight forward

BTW Knife need to be way lighter than pistol. e.i. weight of knife should be 3-4

Edited by gG-Unknown