Trouble related to the "Armory".

I have run into two different stumbling blocks:

The first is maybe a deliberate choice from the gamedesigners... but it is absolutely annoying, that you can only equip soldiers, who are assigned to a dropship.

Combined with my experience, that severely injured soldiers are automaticly removed from the combat team... and you then cannot remove the gear, as is needed for the replacements.

It becomes a real problem, when you cannot assign those wounded for the time it takes to remove the weapons or armour nedeed for other soldiers.

It is also a problem, when you build a new base, which is not ready to do outside operations. Even if the equipment has been transferred, you cannot equip it on the defensive team.

The second bug is simple; I have a "wounded soldier" with the <1 day recovery in the assignment slot! She has been in that state for more than a week... and no change seems to occur.

kindly Frank

while in the Armory Screen, just to the right of the top part of the soldier list, is the icon of the dropship, just below that dropship icon should be another showing how many solders are still assigned to the base, click on that icon and the list should change to them.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 453074 said:

The first is maybe a deliberate choice from the gamedesigners... but it is absolutely annoying, that you can only equip soldiers, who are assigned to a dropship.

Combined with my experience, that severely injured soldiers are automaticly removed from the combat team... and you then cannot remove the gear, as is needed for the replacements.

It becomes a real problem, when you cannot assign those wounded for the time it takes to remove the weapons or armour nedeed for other soldiers.

It is also a problem, when you build a new base, which is not ready to do outside operations. Even if the equipment has been transferred, you cannot equip it on the defensive team.

The second bug is simple; I have a "wounded soldier" with the <1 day recovery in the assignment slot! She has been in that state for more than a week... and no change seems to occur.

kindly Frank

For the first bug, as Avaren kindly provided, you can edit your unassigned soldiers' loadout by clicking on the hangar like icon below the dropships, like so.

image.png.d9291bd2adf5079c85809d37be7e4065.png

For the second issue, regarding the soldiers stuck on recovery, this is indeed a bug. We're working on a fix for this bug and the patch should be out this week, thanks for the bug report!

regarding the equipping  my "not assigned soldiers" I have completed xenonauts 1, and is at present on day 127 in xenonauts 2. Weapens and equipment is like a faded gray, on my 

unassigned soldiers... and equipment is stuck.

If that is intentionally, then please tell me.

kindly Frank

19 hours ago, 453074 said:

regarding the equipping  my "not assigned soldiers" I have completed xenonauts 1, and is at present on day 127 in xenonauts 2. Weapens and equipment is like a faded gray, on my 

unassigned soldiers... and equipment is stuck.

If that is intentionally, then please tell me.

kindly Frank

image.thumb.png.ffd13c1d80d8e23c8898281459a167a8.png

Greyed out like this right? Can you try right clicking on the weapons and other items to see if that unequips it?

On 12/6/2023 at 10:24 AM, 453074 said:

kindly Frank

Hi - sorry, Kouki is misunderstanding what you're saying.

The greyed out equipment for Unassigned soldiers represents a loadout preview - it's them "remembering" their previous loadout. However, the items themselves aren't actually equipped (which is why they're greyed out).

Wounded soldiers or any soldier removed from the dropship for any reason automatically release their items for other soldiers to use, but they'll try to equip them again from the base stores if you put them back in the dropship.

So it's not a bug, but I can see how it could be confusing.

The whole idea of wearing battle harness,  in conjugation with the selected uniform, is to have handy apparatus to help in the battle, how can it be available for use if it is in your back pack, these add-ons need to be either attached to the weapon, or some other field equipment, so as to be ready for immediate use, I know that would mean you would have to change the screen animations to show the new configuration, but it would enhance the visuals of the gaming experience, and hopefully have a better impact on the game.

1 hour ago, 453074 said:

I can confirm, that rightclicking solves the equipment problem, but the armour will still not move from the unassigned character.

kindly Frank

Chris' reply boils down to: the greyed-out equipment etc means it's not equipped, it's just what that soldier will want to equip if put on active duty.