Please change Kiev to Kyiv on Geoscape.

You think i dont have friends who fight in Ukraine against Russians? They're not dying to defend a country INGAME and have nothing related to real life politics, hell the game even set in 2009 for no reason, a 2009 USSR have nothing to do with a war currently going on and should not be, and I'm sure you have better ways to honor your friends, like taking legal actions against governments that still use the spelling in real life than doing this to a indiegame, which USSR still exists

Edited by EurekaSeven

6 hours ago, EurekaSeven said:

You think i dont have friends who fight in Ukraine against Russians? They're not dying to defend a country INGAME and have nothing related to real life politics, hell the game even set in 2009 for no reason, a 2009 USSR have nothing to do with a war currently going on and should not be, and I'm sure you have better ways to honor your friends, like taking legal actions against governments that still use the spelling in real life than doing this to a indiegame, which USSR still exists

Again. It has nothing to do with honoring someone. It`s a PROPER modern spelling. The fact, that many maps have not updated it, does not make it less true.

17 minutes ago, Vojevoda said:

Again. It has nothing to do with honoring someone. It`s a PROPER modern spelling. The fact, that many maps have not updated it, does not make it less true.

Again. This is a game, set in a fictional world where the USSR still exists and hence exerts power over its satellites. It doesn't make any sense to use the Ukrainian spelling in the game.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wont Tell said:

Again. This is a game, set in a fictional world where the USSR still exists and hence exerts power over its satellites. It doesn't make any sense to use the Ukrainian spelling in the game.

Fixing things starts by fixing names.

1 minute ago, Vojevoda said:

It is delusional to assume changing the spelling in a computer game fixes the world. You could find more feasible avenues for your impulses of political activism - which I support. This simply isn't the place for it. I would even agree with you about the spelling if it weren't for the USSR part of the game's setting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the most pointless, virtue-signalling thread ever. It was renamed Kyiv by the propaganda machine. And whoever it was who said there's no flights into Ukraine; my boss was at a pharma conference a month ago in Kiev. He's an old boomer who wouldn't be there if it wasn't safe and said it was pretty normal over there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vojevoda said:

Fixing what? If you hate the setting of USSR still exist in this game and want to relate it to Russia in real life, since you didn't quit the forum outright i would suggest you do a playthrough and let the Xeno ravage/conquer the USSR, to “fix” things in this universe. There's nothing to “fix” in an alternative history setting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Emily_F said:

This is the most pointless, virtue-signalling thread ever. It was renamed Kyiv by the propaganda machine. And whoever it was who said there's no flights into Ukraine; my boss was at a pharma conference a month ago in Kiev. He's an old boomer who wouldn't be there if it wasn't safe and said it was pretty normal over there.

What are you talking about? Using original name and not one defined by centuries of ruzzia occupation is propaganda? What planet are you from?

As for safe, tell that to people who die almost every day as a result of ruzzian missile strikes on civilian infrastructure.

The only way your boss could visit Ukraine since rizzian full scale invasion (520 days and counting) was by taking plane somewhere to Poland for example, and then taking a train or car.

7 hours ago, EurekaSeven said:

Fixing what? If you hate the setting of USSR still exist in this game and want to relate it to Russia in real life, since you didn't quit the forum outright i would suggest you do a playthrough and let the Xeno ravage/conquer the USSR, to “fix” things in this universe. There's nothing to “fix” in an alternative history setting.

What`s is your problem? Are you from ruzzia that you so desperately defending this? It`s just a spelling of city. If I didn`t start this thread, you would not even notice.

37 minutes ago, Vojevoda said:

What`s is your problem? Are you from ruzzia that you so desperately defending this? It`s just a spelling of city. If I didn`t start this thread, you would not even notice.

You flatter yourself; I have no idea who you are, and care even less. No, I'm not from Russia and, to be honest, I don't care about what is happening in Ukraine. We should keep our noses out of other countries' business; I'm tired of paying for Ukraine's defence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emily_F said:

You flatter yourself; I have no idea who you are, and care even less. No, I'm not from Russia and, to be honest, I don't care about what is happening in Ukraine. We should keep our noses out of other countries' business; I'm tired of paying for Ukraine's defence. 

I'm not a person who often talks polticics and I'm pretty neutral on many subjects, but this is not about money or about paying for anyone's defence. It's about standing beside the weaker and against the bully. It's about a world order where being bigger, wealthier and stronger is no reason to invade a smaller, poorer and weaker. It's about the priviledged always supporting the disadvantaged in every area of life - no matter how big or small the cause. I personally do it, and IMO everybody should. Turning your back when you see something bad happening is not the way to make this planet a better place.

If I was homeless, hungry or poor, I would hope people gave me shelter, food or money

If I was bullied in school, I would hope teachers or older students stood against the bullies.

And if my country was attacked by a criminal terrorist country, I sure as hell would hope all friendy, civilized nations around the world rushed  to help.

Edited by Skitso
  • Like 3

Guys can we get back to the game this could go on for ever but all being and said the Russian army are only following Mad Vlad the Billy and obviously they need to or they end up dead but as I say let's get back to the game hints tips or sheer gloating 

14 hours ago, Emily_F said:

Amen. I'm so sick and tired of the constant whining about european politics, that Ukraine and Russia can nuke themselves into oblivion for all i care.

• Thanks 1

• Solver locked this topic