Very very unstable in windows 7

I've just got the latest version on windows 7. It is even less stable than the demo version I tried yesterday.

It crashed every few minutes, triggered by heaps of different things. Mostly it is in combat, during enemy movements, but also in the geoscape occasionally when something happens.

but doesnt it crash at the same moment? Means you load save and it crash at next turn/day all the time? If yes then threre is "just" one crash which triggers this. Look into bugs section if someone has not raised kind of bug which looks like your problem - there might be workaround described.

and dont forget we are in alpha so many new functionality was added without any deep integration testing (thats on us in this kind of project;)

but doesnt it crash at the same moment? Means you load save and it crash at next turn/day all the time? If yes then threre is "just" one crash which triggers this. Look into bugs section if someone has not raised kind of bug which looks like your problem - there might be workaround described.

and dont forget we are in alpha so many new functionality was added without any deep integration testing (thats on us in this kind of project;)

It's a bit hard to explain, but here goes.

There isn't one specific event that seems to trigger it, but if it crashes and I load, it will usually crash at the same place as it did last time.

For example, the last crash happened 3 times in a row in the same air combat about 10 seconds into it. I managed to get around it by getting my aircraft to retarget them in the geoscape and it went fine.

On other occasions it has happened in the middle of ground combat, and while playing with iron man mod, I couldn't get around it, because it loaded the start of the same battle and would crash at the end of turn.

I did just verify files in Desura and start a new campaign, which seems to have made a big difference - it didn't crash for a good half hour! I've almost made it to the end of September!

It's civilians jumping over walls that causes the crash. I'll release a hotfix for it in the next 24 hours.

It's more than that. I think I've narrowed down one cause of air combat crashes - it seems to be loading the battle twice (so I either hear the sound twice or graphics twice (also in this thread) (or even sometimes so geoscape overtop). After 30 seconds or so it crashes.

I'm also getting frustrated with corrupt saved games. Some saves just won't load - it just hangs so I have to shut it down via task manager and load another save.

Oh, and can you please add a way to get out of air combat quickly i.e. ESC key like in ground combat.

UPDATE: It has also crashed in air combat a couple of times when aircraft run out of fuel. I click yes and it crashes.

Edited by lennard
update

i am suffering the very same type of problems since updating, plus it crashes at crashsite 6 every time. if i dont engage ufo and just run the clock, then it randomly puts me into combat then crashes, i also have the same problems with saves.....this is too frustrating to continue with, better to replay xcom

i understand this, but why is this version more unstable than the last?
As long as code is added to the game the chance for bugs will remain higher than a finished product. Once they stop adding stuff and concentrate only on removing bugs the game will get a lot more stable very quickly.