first terror mish didnt end well

just finshed my first terror mission man o man those aliens are no joke. 2 xeonauts came back home.

http://flic.kr/p/dfFyhN

The one was clipping with the bed(making him hard to kill) and killed all my guys, but that all right i got him. Now going to make better weapons from his alien tec and use it against his buddys.

P.s is there a way to change the glow sticks/ammo to the nades i have in the belt slots seem like its not working or im not doing it right. The only way i found out is to put it in his hand slot.

That bed humping bugged alien seems to be there often.I always carry c4, all types of grenades on all my soldier so I just a grenade then a c4 into the bedroom.

I just manually switch from the backpack coz sometimes belt just doesn't seem to be working.

Terror missions are quite the challenge, they're sort of seemingly balanced around you having Wolf Armour and Laser Weapons, but they're very doable with a competent squad armed with basic tech if you're cautious.

I would however imagine taking a set of rookies to be similar to leading lambs to slaughter.

Yeah it was going well till i got to the alien camping he one bedroom he was also clipping so i was shooting everything except for him. Im going to try again after work i think i another chance because of the clipping.

I dont think it needs buffing at at all. Very doable with human tec. Just that one alein destroyed my team

On the subject of the Quick Battle, the aliens seem to have way too much health. I managed to complete it, but towards the end it was more tedious than anything because some of them would take 3-5 shots before going down, and I'm not just talking about the flying drones. Is that just because the equipment on that mission is so weak compared to what the player should have by that point in the game?

Your first terror mission you would probably still be using ballistic weapons (maybe with alenium grenades) but by your second or third you should be starting to issue laser weaponry and wolf armour. When armour degradation is implemented it should help lessen the tediousness of fighting higher aliens with ballistics.

Your first terror mission you would probably still be using ballistic weapons (maybe with alenium grenades) but by your second or third you should be starting to issue laser weaponry and wolf armour. When armour degradation is implemented it should help lessen the tediousness of fighting higher aliens with ballistics.

I learned pretty early on the the piece that the ballistic rifle is pretty lame. I rock shotguns to breach and the g3's as the standard small arm for the rest. I had to ditch the hunter as it seemed to be causing alot of ctd's for me so I usually have at least 2 blokes armed with smaws aswell. And lots of grenades for everybody. Also when you go to nade don't target the alien, target a ground tile next to him seems like they almost never miss if you do that.

The general tactic is scout with shotgun fellas and use a firing line of snipers and rockets to sort any recce'd aliens out. Plus it's not that unrealistic, I'm sure the aliens would have some amazing personal armour.

oops seems like i quoted the wrong post

Edited by Verci
oops