v25.2 Playtest- Game hangs at loading screen for a very long time at 79% and 93%

Kamehamehayes

The game likes to hang a loading screens for a long time at 79% and at 93% when loading a tactical battle. 

I'll give you the log and the save form that particular battle. Although I did quit to the title screen and then quit the game at that point, so the logs probably recorded that near the end. 

auto_groundcombat_turn_1_start-32.json output.log

2 hours ago, Kamehamehayes said:

The game likes to hang a loading screens for a long time at 79% and at 93% when loading a tactical battle. 

I'll give you the log and the save form that particular battle. Although I did quit to the title screen and then quit the game at that point, so the logs probably recorded that near the end. 

auto_groundcombat_turn_1_start-32.json 1.26 MB · 0 downloads output.log 9.62 MB · 0 downloads

Did it hang to the point where Windows tried to close the game because it thought it wasn't responding?

If not then this isn't really a bug, as the loading screen isn't really linear and certain parts of the bar represent bigger tasks than others (e.g. generating the tactical map), so that's probably why it gets "stuck" on certain parts. But Windows is trying to kill them game then that would be a problem.

What type of hard drive is the game installed on, out of interest?

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Did it hang to the point where Windows tried to close the game because it thought it wasn't responding?

If not then this isn't really a bug, as the loading screen isn't really linear and certain parts of the bar represent bigger tasks than others (e.g. generating the tactical map), so that's probably why it gets "stuck" on certain parts. But Windows is trying to kill them game then that would be a problem.

What type of hard drive is the game installed on, out of interest?

I have a sata hard drive. This particular load did not get to that point, but I've had one or two that had windows assume it was not responding. 

3 hours ago, Kamehamehayes said:

I have a sata hard drive. This particular load did not get to that point, but I've had one or two that had windows assume it was not responding. 

Right, so not a solid state drive then? Loading times are going to be quite slow on a spinning plate drive in the Experimental builds, unfortunately. They'll be quicker in the final version of the game though.

I just had it hang at 79% as well for over ten minutes after which I force quit the still responsive game (the dots below the loading bar were still changing). I have an SSD but I don't think it's relevant considering the logs show a couple of exceptions about loading a wraith corpse. Which is interesting, because this is the second mission in the campaign and wraiths won't be showing up for a while. After restarting the game the save loaded fine again.

output_loadhanging.log quick-12.json

Edited by asdfcyber

Thanks all. I think we'll hold off on looking into this until we've got the memory leak bug fixed, as the fact this bug is non-repeatable makes me wonder if it has something to do with the memory leak. Maybe it'll go away when that is fixed.