V24.6 Experimental Released (Closed Beta)

This hotfix addresses another batch of issues discovered within V24. You'll need to be on the Experimental Branch to access the build.

This hotfix fixes a really annoying crash that took lots of different forms as it was a bug in saving / loading that sometimes deleted critical data, and several other more minor issues that the community have discovered as they played deeper into the game. If all goes well this will be our final hotfix for V24.

The previous build is on the Experimental Legacy branch if you want to continue to play a save from that game, as updating to this new hotfix will break save games.

Fixes / Improvements:

• Fixed a bug in the saving / loading that could manifest in a lot of different ways, causing seemingly random crashes.
  • Fixed the item transfer screen not working properly if you had a MARS.
  • Fixed the "no research in progress" popup not actually taking you to the research screen.
  • Added explosion visualisation to the C4 charge.
  • The Shielded Plating (Vehicles) engineering project now works correctly.
  • Recharging Lasers engineering project now unlocks off the Alien Electronics research.
  • Fixed the UFO researches not unlocking beyond the Scout.
  • Updated crashsite and most mission durations to be 72 hours instead of 24 hours, reduced personnel hire transit times to 48 hours.
  • Fixed the cheaper Laser LMG fire mode firing 10 shots rather than 3.

Thanks to everyone that has reported bugs in V24 so far. Let us know if you continue to experience further bugs!

hi chris this build is stable, played 2 hours and no bugs/crash encountered

some consideration:

painful loading time

a little bit laggy when switch between tab(soldier, research etc)

thanks the game grow up so good!

Edited by mitrida

On 10/29/2022 at 1:19 PM, mitrida said:

some consideration:

painful loading time

Thanks, glad to hear it! We are going to be making some improvements to the loading times / lagginess soon too, hopefully!

On 10/29/2022 at 1:19 PM, mitrida said:

some consideration:

painful loading time

Can confirm this latest update is now stable for me as far as I can tell, though it is seriously devouring memory on my computer (running 12GB constantly during missions).  

It seems also stable to me, except that I still had no Reaper in a new game I started and there is still no gauss weapons and therefore the plasma upgrade for the MARS is blocked. Also the advanced laser shotgun has no ammo. And the 320 days time limit is pretty short - I would suggest at least 400 days and I would vote for a comeback of Med-Suit and Servosuit

Edited by squeezechart
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 11:02 PM, Ruggerman said:

The stun gun, did not work, up to hot-fix 4, and it did for 5, but its has stopped again, in that when used by the shield trooper in the second hand, no target site.

I can't reproduce this. I started a new game, built two Stun Guns, gave one to a shield soldier and started the first mission and it seemed to work fine. If you're experiencing a bug with it please do a proper bug report because there's probably something serious going wrong.

• Chris changed the title to V24.6 Experimental Released (Closed Beta)