[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

Thanks for the update Drages.

Quick comments having fired up a new game (0.98.1+CE0.32):

- No more AWACS in the starting base

- F17 replaced by MIG-32 (x2)

- 1 empty hangar space

- New buildings are built immediately

Did I probably mess something in the install or does this stem from changes in balance? Could it be because of CE0.32.

CE0.31 have same effects.

@

I reuploaded 0.98.1 .. install it and that problems will handled..

Try download 0.31 manually from CE topics..

Copy your game somewhere else so steam cant update it..

Or just play in steam offline mode to prevent game from updating.

Edited by Sentelin

Steam Version of 0.32 was broken, so the crashes came. For both Versions it give HF 1 since yesterday night / today morning. I hope Steam is updated when I came home today evening.

Downloaded the new Version of X-Div since a couple of Seconds. Will play and test it today evening. :D Thanks Drages.

I listed what i need at kabils topic.. mostly basic things..

I am afraid that by the time I checked them and pick on which ones I would work,there won't be any since Kabill's is like machine.For instance I wanted to try and see how manageable is to implement multiple ammo support at Friday ... and he already done that .

Next thing I plan is to see if it's possible to make weapons modular (from technical aspect this may prove impossible or at least impossible for me,from balance/design aspect this needs attention and some work to make it usable) like adding portable external parts (etc. grenade launcher,scope,laser aim ... )

Edited by Sentelin

I am afraid that by the time I checked them and pick on which ones I would work,there won't be any since Kabill's is like machine.For instance I wanted to try and see how manageable is to implement multiple ammo support when at Friday's ... and he already done that .

Next thing I plan is to see if it's possible to make weapons modular (from technical aspect this may prove impossible or at least impossible for me,from balance/design aspect this needs attention and some work to make it usable) like adding portable external parts (etc. grenade launcher,scope,laser aim ... )

They are big projects.. i got more simple issues to handle first..

- Second Weapon to vehicles: It was working at beta as ppl told me, so this is very important and easy to revive i think.. I would love to have vehicles with both machine gun and cannon..

- Ammo and grenade looting: You know it, i am happy its at your to-do list.

- Aliens fire to stunned humans: aliens attacks stunned soldiers or civilians non stop..

- Second weapon as shield to aliens: Do you remember that i tried and reported as "working" before. Its not working always.. there is some strange randomness about this.. maybe you can detect what is wrong..

- Separating missiles and launchers at aircraft weapons: Original X-Com style.. make launcher and manufacture missile torpedo for it.

- Modding default base design..

Those are my first problems at my mod..

Edited by drages

Hm... I think some things are Hardcoded like the Buildings. Maybe itĀ“s with the Missles too, because all games how can be Modded have some Parts where you couldnĀ“t do annything.

If that takes Part only CE-Developer can help if they have the fully source code (as I think so, because CE wouldnĀ“t be better than the Orignial 1.57 Build :D).

Btw. Nice Pictures you put in Drages. Only the Text of Xenopedia I couldnĀ“t read so I can look in what has chanced.

Edited by Alienkiller

finished the download...YOU MY FRIEND ARE A GODDANM ARTIST!, they look gorgeous :D!, i specially love that subtle differentiation between humans and aliens tecnology by the Xdivision and the Alien bullseye patch, it remembered to Terror from the Deep(its my favorite of all Xcom for a couple of reasons :'D).

You..i like you..thanks for all the amazing work.

on a side note i notice your plans for new vehicles, its cool to see you got permision for julian, and if you let my drop my 2 cents, i remembered that tiger tank(the green one right?) feeled like a thouguer cousin of the hunter,a bit heavier but still more faster than a scimitar(i never "liked" that name by the way, i always thinkd that something like PALADIN would fit it role better xD)so according to what you posted (regarding movement and armor, weapons fits perfect)

hunter>light armor+A lot TUs

scimitar>medium armor +medium TU's

Tiger>Heavy armor+low TU's

i think the last two would feel better with their treats interchanged to:

Tiger>medium armor medium tu(this is a earth techie tank with a little mixture of allien tecnology but he is more like a hunter 1.5)

scimitar>HEAVY armor +low tus (he is a full flagged alien alloy tanks so even if the alloys are ligther than titanium, it make sense that all the tank is a behemoth with a giant turtle shield expected to survive heavy beats right?)

i say this specially because the hover tank is not the "OVER TOP JACK OF ALL TRADES TANK", so the scimitar should be heavier and bulkier as a trade for their lack of movility and MOSTLY flexibility the hover tank grants.

also you said you want ideas for more versions of them, well you could use a plain simple approach of a "heavy" and "ligther" version of them,

scimitar >

1)paladin:EVEN HEAVIER AND TOUGHER TANK wich is obtained after you investigate big ufo plating(imagine a battleship plating in a 3x3 box of badasness >:D).

2)cindarella (patent pending).: a lighter version of the tank for more flexibility(maybe fewer armor but more TU's?)

and for the hyperion

1)archangel : the same stuff, heavy version..more plating, fewer tus.

2)krakken: something to add to the mixture, the same stats as a normal hyperion but with special weapons only for them?

And if you want to add more "branching" into the formula then make every version have different possible weapons, like making a heavy version of some cannons for the heavy versions because only then can be cappable to support that heavy weapons? (imagine the same concept with PREDATOR ARMORS..but with vehicles).

Something like a BIG BIG railgun for the paladin, that is not possible to equip neither hyperions or the lighter scimitar variants?.

Well i guess this all for now...sorry for the walltext X_X.

Got to just love my luck... So i downloaded this mod yesterday in preparation for buying Xenonauts today and of course the new update came out (CE32). So far the game is pretty much unplayable. I am unable to change any equipment, the screen is simply blank. When i launch a dropship to my first mission, half my team is completely empty, no weapons, gear ect. I do have a couple shotguns but when i shoot them i get a CTD.. Any ideas? Ideally i want to downgrade to CE31, but i am unable to find the downloads for them. I go here, http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12512-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-31-HF1 , but there isn't any links to download the patch.. Thanks for any help

Edit: I found the downloads and i think i'm running 31 now.. I guess will find out

Edited by grizzlyatoms

So here IĀ“m again. I have read your meanings and thougt about it.

@ grizzlyatoms: That you buyed the Game is a good Choise. Because if you liked the old X-Com Games you have been right. The unplayability is about the X:CE Version 0.32 on Steam (I think you play it over Steam). The Situation is like I said some Posts before, that Steam has a broken Version of it. No one knows why, but the CE Develeporteam recognised it very fast and brought over night a new Version with HF 1 for it.

The Handy Version of XCE 0.32 functions without Problem. But they made the HF for both Versions, so that the Handy Version is up to date too.

For the Steam Version of XCE 0.32 we have now three Options:

a) Update the Steam Version of 0.32 by Hand (look here: Community Edition 0.32 HF1)

c) Wait that Steam has the Update and make it automatically

b) Test the Mod with Standard Version 1.57, which had to installed manually with following Mods: Lore+, Kahls more Portaits Mod, Kahls Tundra Tileset, Extended Weapons Description for fighters

The other Thing I thougt about are the Vehicles. I find the Idea good too. So I would suggest as follows:

a) the Upgrades for Hunter and Scimitar to better protectet Version is good as it is. So I suggest we let it so as it is, because they are Human Vehicles, that are only adaptet for XDevision usable.

- Standard Hunter Scout: normal Armament MG; max Upgrade: Rocket Turret!

- Advanced Hunter Scout Defender (upgraded with more Armor / HP): normal Armament MG / Rocket

Turret;

following Updates are availible: 1. Kinetic Cannon; 2. Laser Cannon (Vehicle); 3. max upgrade:

AP Cannon or Alenium Cannon (Vehicle) [which is first in researchline].

- Standard Scimitar Tank: normal Armament Laser Cannon; Upgrade: 1. Alenium Cannon [i think its

first in research]; max Upgrade: AP Cannon [if itĀ“s first than Alenium Cannon is max]

- Advanced Scimitar Tank Saviour: normal Armament AP or Alenium Cannon [which is first in

Researchline]

Upgrades: 1. EMP Cannon; 2. Plasma Cannon max Upgrade: Fusion Cannon

Then comes the Hover Tank Hyperion. ItĀ“s an complete new design, where we can do 1 or 2 more Tanks (Hover, Original Design or what you want). The Cannon beginns at Plasma and upgrade is endless to the best Cannon we could create.

Edited by Alienkiller

They are big projects.. i got more simple issues to handle first..

- Second Weapon to vehicles: It was working at beta as ppl told me, so this is very important and easy to revive i think.. I would love to have vehicles with both machine gun and cannon..

- Ammo and grenade looting: You know it, i am happy its at your to-do list.

- Aliens fire to stunned humans: aliens attacks stunned soldiers or civilians non stop..

- Second weapon as shield to aliens: Do you remember that i tried and reported as "working" before. Its not working always.. there is some strange randomness about this.. maybe you can detect what is wrong..

- Separating missiles and launchers at aircraft weapons: Original X-Com style.. make launcher and manufacture missile torpedo for it.

- Modding default base design..

Those are my first problems at my mod..

Modding base design... like Xeno hive being a possible base design... *cough cough lore idea cough*. Or an Andron Hub. Sebby lair. Reaper nest (oh god, oh god, that's horrid). Ceasan psi-center.

Thank you too Drages. One thing before I make my first Report and what I have noticed: Steam XCE 0.32 has got his HF1 since a couple of Minutes. I made the HF before manually and could play normal on geoscape and in Basethings (like changing Trooppositions in the Charly etcpp.) without Problems.

So now my first Report. The new Xenopedia made my looking surprised. New Things are implemented and much has chanced, which is not in the Normal Game as well as in XCE. Thank you for that Drages and Team. :cool:

Here a Picture:

2015-03-11_00001.jpg

2015-03-11_00002.jpg

But I found some Failures in the new XenopƤdie which have to be corrected.

In the Mod Folder Xenopedia:

a) CH-48 Charly: "ferreing up to eight men" correct: ferreing up to ten men!

b) Assault Rifle: "there is the fully description of the sniper Rifle at the End" correct: deleted Text of Sniper Rifle!

In the Mod XCE Folder Xenopedia (have to make by the Player if playing X-Devision):

c) Living Qarters: "up to 35 Personal" correct: up to 50 Personal!

d) Laboratory: "house up to 15 Sicentists" correct: house up to 20 Sicentists

e) Workshop: house up to 15 Engeneers" correct: house up to 20Engeneers

Maybe I find more, but I hope not.

2015-03-11_00001.jpg

2015-03-11_00002.jpg

2015-03-11_00001.thumb.jpg.a8689f486160d

2015-03-11_00002.thumb.jpg.32fd66b3c9a7e

Edited by Alienkiller

I mostly corrected them but i didnt merge them with code, so game is still using default ones. The one error which stops me before was this too.. So i will change the old default entries with merge cod help i got from kabill..

Just i gave a pause for mod.. maybe 2-3 days.. realy my brain needs a rest :).. i am just brainstorming new projects HERE.

But if you have time and want to help, when you see something to change, please go to xenopedia.xml and change the entry.. you can send me entry by entry together..

Honestly there are typos here and there but it's not bad as you are implying.Xenopedia is handled by people whose english is second language,so I don't think there is going to be "proper english",unless someone with proficient english or native english speaker offers to help them...just saying.

Edited by Sentelin

Hi Hi Guys.

Like I said several Posts ago there is a Team how Translates the Original and XCE, Lore+ as well as XNT-Mod in German. Eventually they could translate X-Devision too. Drages could ask about that, but he will do it first when X-Devision is complete.

There are some things for X-Devison which are not yet implemented, so a translation makes no sense yet. Btw. playing the Mod in English is a good training for us young and half aged Germans. :)

I mostly corrected them but i didnt merge them with code, so game is still using default ones. The one error which stops me before was this too.. So i will change the old default entries with merge cod help i got from kabill..

Just i gave a pause for mod.. maybe 2-3 days.. realy my brain needs a rest :).. i am just brainstorming new projects HERE.

But if you have time and want to help, when you see something to change, please go to xenopedia.xml and change the entry.. you can send me entry by entry together..

Have a good break man :)