[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

As we speak with numbers, at veteran, end game snipers can take you with 1-2.. so at insane you need to play very very tactical and lucky..

Human weapons can be overpowered but still its very difficult to breach the alien resistances and its insane.. a battleship got nearly 30-35 alien with very tough ones..

I calculated all weapon damages regarding to alien hit points. Wave weapons are 2. branch of tier 3... its not even tier 4..

I didnt believe not getting wounded at insane but maybe its possible.. just need tons of save/load..

why would he lie though? Its very possible. Ive seen a guy beat dark souls on hardest difficulty with a rock band guitar.

I had chosen harsh words which implies that he lied which isn't what I meant.He may completed insane but I have hard time to believe that he did the way he described.

why would he lie though? Its very possible. Ive seen a guy beat dark souls on hardest difficulty with a rock band guitar.

Yeah I read about this.However this lead me to ask myself has this person ever done anything useful with his life,because to achieve something like this ....

I didnt believe not getting wounded at insane but maybe its possible.. just need tons of save/load..

Even so,he still got wounded soldier/soldiers,it doesn't matter if he save/load game over dozen times to get perfect result.

Edited by Sentelin

I´m Drages meaning. TD mada a good job and played the Mod on an level which is to high for me. I play on Veteran and that´s hot stuff for me. Normaly I play on normal.

But what TD is saying about the Money making is right. I do that the same way, because you haven´t a chance to get on higer Stages of the game. Only Ufo´s dissamble can´t bring you enough to hold your costs.

Drages if you increase Maintaince cost for Basebilduings etc. then the sell prices have to increased too, so that the player has a good chance to be in game.

Example: I have 2 Bases atm in Europe / United States.

The Base in States is for producing Aircrafts, Weapons in high use for the Soldiers (and unusable old Weapons for sell),

Dissemble Ufos etc. The Base is for Intercepting enemy Ufos too in that Area. This Base is in Production, because it´s not

full ready yet.

The Base in Europe is my Main Base for Soldiers, Research and produce for things we need asap (like Armors, new Rifels

etc.). So every Base is needed.

What I wana to say is, that if everything on the Bases got increased (Buildungs etc.) than you will lose before the game really beginns if there is no increasing in the sell prices for Standardthings too (ex. Next Gen, first Standard Armor) which didn´t need special Materials.

2015-03-15_00001.jpg

2015-03-15_00002.jpg

That my Bases atm. The new Vehicles and Planes are not included yet (Foxtrot, Asierus, Scout Vehicle Defender)

2015-03-15_00001.jpg

2015-03-15_00002.jpg

2015-03-15_00001.thumb.jpg.644b1f5ea0c72

2015-03-15_00002.thumb.jpg.333107db9099a

Yes I have und you need it. Firstly you need min. 5 Hangars in Main Base (1 for the Transport, 1 for the AWACS and 3 for the fighters).

Secondly you need that Hangars in 2nd Base to have min. 4 Fighters (2 for normal Targets and 2 for bigger ones). Rest is for Manufacture new Fighters / Transports and Dissabling UFO´s.

I tried it several ways, but this is the best way to get Materials from UFO´s as well as a good fleet.

Edited by Alienkiller

I GOT AN IDEA!

Yes i have it.. i was thinking about geosphere fights.. At X-Com and all the copies got "newer ufo=faster ufo=bigger ufo" calculation..

For this reason i needed to make my biggest bombers at ultra speed.. But both planes and huge ufos ultra speed dont make much sense to me. Did you see any big/huge ufo at very high speed at any movies or games? They are capital ships, carriers and battleships. I dont count dreadnought.. So the problem should be enough weapon rather then catching it.. so i will make them slower but you will need very high firepower..

What do you think?

Hmm... the bigger ones could be slower thats right. Faster then the Corvette but slower than your best planes. Firepower is problematic: You need for Corvettes upstairs good firepower and you haven´t it at the beginning and first middle Stages of the Game. But in the other 50 % of the Game I would try it, if it isn´t working delete it to normal again.

A few questions stemming from my current play-through:

- The Hunter seems weak (HP170) vs. say 2 soldiers outfitted as shields. Would it be worth giving it a boost either in HP or in resistance?

- Still on the Hunter or other land vehicles - could we add a boot with a size similar to the backpack of one soldier - one could park there additional ammo / weapons or loot from battlefield (such as Aliens' corpses).

The second question stems from some past attempts where upon realising that incurred losses would prevent winning over the crash site I decided to have my soldiers drop weapons, etc. and instead take on their backs corpses of Aliens, weapons and ammo. It is certainly sub-optimal but this helps still with technological breakthroughs.

One side question on vehicles: I have now the tech to manufacture cannon vehicles and have one in the base's storeroom. For some reason it does not appear in the choice of weapons for the Hunter. Is it intended?

Many thanks for a great mod again. I can't wait to see vehicles being able to progress!

Hi Redhowl,

thats O.K. because the Hunter is a light armored Scout car. If you research a little more (esp. Alien things) you will get an Upgrade of the Hunter, which is a bit better armored and have more HP. As well as the modified Hunter (called Defender) can use better Weaponary which is light but very effective if you use it correctly. :)

Like I said above, the first light cannons can only used by the Defender, more heavy cannons only by Battle Tanks (Scimitar) and better. The original Scout Hunter can use the .50 Caliber Mashinegun and the Rocket Turret.

If I were you build 2 Hunter and 2 Rocket Launchers. You will need them. Trust me, I play that Mod since Version 0.92 and all Gamers needed the extra Firepower of the Rocket Launcher. I had a mission some Minutes before and I was happy to have that Missles with me. :cool:

The hunter is basic human tech so its weak like your weapons.. use its rocket salvos rather then using it as a shield. You will get its 2. version "defender" soon.. The cannon you mentioned is for defender, its a little design fault... i dont correct it for now.. not a big problem..

Nop we cant create a vehicle like a mule.

Using alien weapons at start is very good tactic..

:D Hi Dik, you are very funny. Laugh about your question. Maybe if someone makes himself that work. But then he / she have to make it so little, that you can´t watch it.

So it´s better to find it out yourself. If you wanna look for something then open researches in the X-Devision folder. But the Entrys could change to the next version again.

i have never seen a base defense in x division , i think something is wrong , also terror mission are very, very rare

I will look for it.. probably I need to learn this ticker mechanism sooner or later..

I do not think my question funny, wood technology is useful for planning

their actions in the game.

But you use Google Translate ans it's funny mostly. But tech tree gives you spoiler about the future. You can look to researches.xml at xdivision folder. We don't have a tech tree for last version