Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.31

llunak

Should X:CE have the new epilogue from the Chief Scientist that appears on the victory screen in 1.5? Just finished the game from an old save to test it, and didn't have it. Strings.xml has the text though...

Works for me.

also, is it just my imagination or wasn't there plans to move bleeding damage to the end of player turn?

Not really, I have not merged that one from 1.5. I think it'll introduce again a bug I had fixed, so I want to have a look at it and possibly do it differently, if at all.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. However after looking through the board soem I can't seem to find a more appropriate place.

So anyways my question/issue is...

I just choose to use the CE edition, after playing the vanilla for awhile, and I tried to make a change in the Assets-gameconfig.xml file that worked in vanilla but doesn't seem to work with the CE active. I wanted to up the soldiers starting stats just a bit as I am not that great at the game yet and the low stats starting it me hard.

So I went to the area that shows this:

<!-- SOLDIER GENERATION VARIABLES -->

<minSoldierAge value="21" comment="The minimal age of a soldier." />

<maxSoldierAge value="35" comment="The maximal age of a soldier." />

<femaleSoldierChance value="35" comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" />

<soldierStats comment="Soldier's stats are generated with values in the specified range.">

<actionPoints min="35" max="65" />

<resilence min="35" max="65" />

<strength min="35" max="65" />

<accuracy min="35" max="65" />

<reflexes min="35" max="65" />

<bravery min="35" max="65" />

</soldierStats>

<startingSoldiersStatBonus value="3" comment="Bonus applied to starting soldiers' stats" />

And upped the #'s a bit min-45 max 75. When I did this with vanilla game active and started a new game, the soldiers would have the starting #'s within the new min/max figures. However, with CE active...it shows the new #'s in the gameconfig.xml, but when I start up a new game, the starting stats seem to be reverted back to the lower range of 35-65.

Is there a different place I have to change it for the CE version? (I have looked at every .xml file in all the ce folders, but did not find a similar section for soldier starting stats.

if you've changed it in /assets/ you won't get the desired change. You either must make a proper modular mod, or alter the corresponding gameconfig file in /assets/mods/xce/. There is another file you're reccomended to use instead, can't remember what it is off the top of my head, will edit this post when I find it.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. However after looking through the board soem I can't seem to find a more appropriate place.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/30-X-CE-General-Discussion

Is there a different place I have to change it for the CE version? (I have looked at every .xml file in all the ce folders, but did not find a similar section for soldier starting stats.

assets/mods/xce/

• 2 weeks later...
Firing at a target now may suppress it even if the shot does not hit anywhere near it and just flies close by. This should make firegun suppression have roughly the same effect like it used to before 0.30 release made missed shots continue flying in their direction instead of hitting nearby their target.

The problem with that is that you can accidentaly (and unfortunately very easily) suppress your teammates. It often happens when you have some soldier in front of the group scouting and when he finally sees an alien you automatically switch to your machinegunner to see if he has a clear line of sight to that spotted alien. Before this update, when the line of shot was safely away from your teammates (so you won't risk shooting at their backs) you could shoot the alien and try to suppress him. After that update when I see that the machinegunner's line of shot is clear (not going to hurt any teammates) and shoot, I often suppress my own teammates because of bullets passing near them (but far enough so I don't risk hitting them). So my proposition is to make teammates invulnerable to other teammates' suppressing fire (except flashbangs of course). That would also make real-life sense because the soldier would be aware that he has a teammate on his back that is actually COVERING him rather than SUPPRESSING and scarying him to death with his burst of fire. What do you guys think about it?

Another thing about this update, maybe a bug: whatever "see rooms" option I have, I can't see ufo interior unless I have a cursor over it. It may not be that much pain in the ass but it really annoys me when there is an alien turn, alien opens the door and my team / alien team starts to do some reaction fire. Then the screen is centering on my soldiers / alien soldiers but I can't see the interior so I have no idea where the aliens are positioned and just looks horrible to watch. Could it be fixed in next X:CE update?

Edited by fisheye

fisheye, I double your complaint about the suppression and seem to like the suggested solution, if it's possible to implement this. A few times my scouts were suppressed by even a nearby sniper rifle shot :-\

second thing, the ufo interior, was always glitchy in my experience. At least, now we can see inside by putting the cursor upon the ufo)

I think I'd say reduced suppression from friendly fire (either reduce the magnitude of suppression or how close the shot has to pass to produce suppression) rather than eliminating it entirely. Yeah, the guy behind you is covering you, not targeting you, but, still... that round passed pretty close! Maybe I should get my head down before the next one accidentally hits it!

Something that might be worth considering is a reduction to the suppression radius of weapons. I don't know whether this has changed since the new suppression rules were implemented, but if not the suppression area of attacks may be too wide for the new system.

Actually, llunak, any chance you could post up a brief description of the new suppression rules/how the suppression radius variable for weapons works now. I'm assuming that the suppression range of the weapon is just traced from every single tile the shot passes through rather than the impact point, but I might be wrong. (I'd also assume that explosive weapons are coded as an exception?)

• 1 month later...