Xenopedia entries for upgraded aircraft weapons

BuzuBuzu

I've been a little irritated by the lack of Xenopedia entries for the upgraded aircraft weapons. Although it's possible to find the stats for them in the game's assets, there's really no excuse for them to be inaccessible from within the game (especially given that the Xenopedia already has a format for displaying aircraft weapon stats).

So I've spent my free time over the last few days writing new entries for all the upgraded aircraft weapons as well as editing the images of the weapons from the aircraft weapon folder (they're all mirrored for some reason) so they fit in with the other weapon images in the Xenopedia. I'm going to do some final spell checking tomorrow and then update Xenopedia.xml and Researches.xml with the new entries. I'll upload the results somewhere (any suggestions for good filehosts?) for anyone interested in using them.

I was also wondering if any of the authors of the other mods that alter the Xenopedia (namely Lore+) if they're interested in integrating my small contribution with theirs.

i suggest using dropbox..and wow thas really amazing i always though the same thing..is a little annoying the fact you must search the exatcly stats of advanced weapons even when the sidewinder and autocannon display it!.

Talk in the XNT INTO DARKNESS tread..i m pretty sure that they gonna be really happy to integrate this feature into their mod :D

I was also wondering if any of the authors of the other mods that alter the Xenopedia (namely Lore+) if they're interested in integrating my small contribution with theirs.

I see no reason not to package this with Fire in the Hole, assuming you're ok with that.

Also, second skaianDestiny's suggestion of Dropbox.

I just finished my mod and posted it in the Completed Mods section. You can find it HERE.

I was trying to use DropBox from work today and it wasn't loading. Also my workplace flat out blocks MediaFire - I got a serious looking message telling me my IP has been logged, maybe I'll get a visit from the IT boogeyman tomorrow. You can probably say I had it coming for working on this at the office. So I decided to just upload it using the Goldenhawk forum attachment tool.

kabill and Max_Caine,

I'm flattered that you guys would like to combine my mod with yours. Since Lore+ and Fire in the Hole are already combined on some level I guess it doesn't make that much difference what order it gets integrated. My initial thought though was to combine it with Lore+ first since the same files are involved. Let me know how you guys would like to go about doing that.

I also can't wait to start a new game with v1.07 and CE and load up some of your best mods (Fire in the Hole, Dynamic UFO Spawns, Lore+, and the Flying Circus).

Edited by BuzuBuzu

For combining with FitH, it would be easiest to start with your files and then just add in the few relevant changes for FitH.

For the combined FitH/Lore+ mod, I'd probably just do the same but (obviously) with the new Lore++ mod.

(I'm happy to do this, by the way. It'll only take five minutes to add in the FitH changes to the files).

For combining with FitH, it would be easiest to start with your files and then just add in the few relevant changes for FitH.

For the combined FitH/Lore+ mod, I'd probably just do the same but (obviously) with the new Lore++ mod.

(I'm happy to do this, by the way. It'll only take five minutes to add in the FitH changes to the files).

Feel free to do it if you have the time. I'm busy with some official paperwork (permanent residency applications are like writing the bible left handed in reverse) this week so I won't really be able to look into integrating things until the weekend.

For some reason this mod doesn't work for me.

I have 1.07, I extracted files to appropriate folders replacing original ones and... nothing happened. I only have separate entries for Sidewinder, Avalanche and Autocannon (even though I made it to MAG already).

What am I doing wrong?