(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

I am not criticizing, just show me where I wrote that something is wrong about things in game there is no single such a stuff.

I just pointed that straight after i started game my odds to hit aliens are so high that for me it looks like mistake, when rokie with average Acc have high chance of hiting alien. If somone would have answear that this is how it supose to be then Iam fine I understand it this is your choice how u setup things but I wanted be sure that they set how you planed.

Going back to money for missions: I cant copy paste information from group XNT, casue I have no longer acces there, but there was a post with changes implemented to 5.3 that alien artifacts price is reduced by 20%, up to this playing around 4 times from the begining on 5.2 I was receiving for first few missions beetwen 50-80 k. So with reduced price it should be 40-66k not 146k. And becasue 5.3 just showed up i realize that theere can be mistake in price of plasma battery - I coudnt check it myslef, becasue I have no old files from 5.2 - and decided to point it ASAP, becasue its so broken earning 146 k from first mission when u play around 20 missions a month but its so obv that I was thinking there is no need to go into details. Next time if I see something werid i try to be more precise.

Edited by Alewalek

Hi just wanted to say i just finished 5.22 and it was very great mod, it really made the game more exciting, my only problem was that by the endgame so was my best air crafts still sarecen and corsair, never got the option to disassemble carrier and battleship.

thanks again for a great mod! ,now a breather a few days before i try this new version :D

Hi just wanted to say i just finished 5.22 and it was very great mod, it really made the game more exciting, my only problem was that by the endgame so was my best air crafts still sarecen and corsair, never got the option to disassemble carrier and battleship

I think you will now have a chance to dissemble carrier and battleship :P

Thank you I am glad you like it.

This is why you don't access to it ... You never should have access to it.But you know what ?Other players probably noticed that too although they were not rude to enough to do what you did and I am not going to get into it you know very well on what I meant.

When i realize i have access i wrote to TD about this he said its all right and he added me for beta testing.

And i don't know what I did, i shouldnt do, and I dont know what you mean.

Yes you do.You just do that,...criticize.

No i don't.

This is what I am talking about.......Why is it broken ?Did you find out ?Or you are just playing "smart guy " ? There is very good explanation for it but you don't even bother to find out why.

before i do this I just wait for confirmation from TD that it wasynt mistake seting up price of plasma battery. If its mistake as i think it will have no sense, and if its not mistake then i try..

When i realize i have access i wrote to TD about this he said its all right and he added me for beta testing.

And i don't know what I did, i shouldnt do, and I dont know what you mean.

Really ?That's not what he told me.If he added you as beta tester you would be member of group but you are not nor you were ever invited.Group is now "Join to view" before it was only "Invite Only" but everyone could read our posts.Well now you can't unless you are member.

In response to 321KO, as I said in my post, in which I was getting the same problem, this issue is not resolved by loading a game with the hotfix. It still remains, possibly because it's embedded in the save.

Only way around this I found was starting a new game with hotfix installed, not encountered the problem since.

You download avcidently the Beta Test version of V5.3.

I ask you for feedback and privacity to not spread information about the version.

The XNT group section of this forum is private right now.

I ask you now to PLAY the version and when you accomplish more hours begin giving feedback.

Try to elaborate more your text in the forum, for us is really hard to understand what are you trying to say. We know that you want to help and the language could be a barrier, but take time to construct and answer or question before spaming nonsense text.

I hop you comprehend and if you really want to help, read carefully what Im saying.

Thanks

In response to 321KO, as I said in my post, in which I was getting the same problem, this issue is not resolved by loading a game with the hotfix. It still remains, possibly because it's embedded in the save.

Only way around this I found was starting a new game with hotfix installed, not encountered the problem since.

This problem is caused by a bug in the Community Mod Pack. Solver already set a fixed .exe for this. Check the sentelin instructions and tell us if it work.

I wanted to throw out an idea about the economy - first a few observations:

IMO the process of building fabrication bases to sell production is pretty boring. The only tie-in is that increasing the # of bases affects the # of incoming aliens, and the # of bases you need to defend.

For me the main roleplay element of the game is running an organization designed to Defend Mankind. It shouldn't feel like running a business, and it shouldn't feel like you -have- to contest every UFO on the ground to make ends meet.

The idea:

Make your economy directly tied to your success in missions and air war. The more you succeed, the more of their huge military budgets the different countries are willing to allocate to your work.

Currently you get funding based on a formula of Relation Points, that you gain or lose through game activity.

Relation points have a starting value, and a factor that determines the maximum amount.

In my last playthrough that factor was ~1.5, which meant that I could only ever improve my funding by 1.5 ...

I think that factor should be 10 or 20 or even bigger - so continent funding remains your main source of income throughout the game.

To balance that income, the impact from alien missions, and the # of aliens you get attacked with, can be increased.

I'm considering replacing manufacturing economy with deeper / unlimited relations gain.

I plan to mod it in and test it on my next playthrough.

Edited by Tenet

Hello again!

In my game only women have the new fancy retextured/modified basic armour, all men have the old one (The 5.3 core pack's men's basic armour folder doesn't have the replacement armour.png in it, while the women's folder does have it).

Also, I have no information about the flamethrower. It must be cool and everything, but do I have to test it on the field to know what it's capable of (range, damage TU requirements, etc.)? :) That may not be wise of me :D (What I mean, it has no xenopedia entry, there is only the tooltip in the equipment screen, which says: TBL: WEAPON.FLAMETHROWER)

Edited by FaterW

Hello Jonthan and FaterW

Thank you for your comments ^^

Yes we plan put the stats of the weapons but right now is not a good idea, for balancing and polishing we change lot of stats until we found a very balanced system.

In other hand in the future we had planned a huge remake for all weapon system. ^^

I hope you like it :)

Enjoy the game!

The patch doesn't fix all the aircraft bugs. I downloaded it and still losing control of planes in the Geoscape, they stop following targets and then get stuck at the base when they run low on fuel. When you click on them , indicates they are returning to base but options to have them return are greyed out.

This happened right after they located an alien base.

The following is my save file:

[ATTACH]4957[/ATTACH]

messed up planes.sav

messed up planes.sav

Edited by Ragefury

Well then you will have to wait for another hot fix.I said it's temporary fix and we are not responsible for it.Please go here and report problem here http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10797-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-discussion. That way you will help Solver to track source of problem faster.Also if you can provide him with save he would appreciate.

I wanted to throw out an idea about the economy - first a few observations:

IMO the process of building fabrication bases to sell production is pretty boring. The only tie-in is that increasing the # of bases affects the # of incoming aliens, and the # of bases you need to defend.

For me the main roleplay element of the game is running an organization designed to Defend Mankind. It shouldn't feel like running a business, and it shouldn't feel like you -have- to contest every UFO on the ground to make ends meet.

The idea:

Make your economy directly tied to your success in missions and air war. The more you succeed, the more of their huge military budgets the different countries are willing to allocate to your work.

Currently you get funding based on a formula of Relation Points, that you gain or lose through game activity.

Relation points have a starting value, and a factor that determines the maximum amount.

In my last playthrough that factor was ~1.5, which meant that I could only ever improve my funding by 1.5 ...

I think that factor should be 10 or 20 or even bigger - so continent funding remains your main source of income throughout the game.

To balance that income, the impact from alien missions, and the # of aliens you get attacked with, can be increased.

I'm considering replacing manufacturing economy with deeper / unlimited relations gain.

I plan to mod it in and test it on my next playthrough.

You dont get they(xnt team) idea. Plan for this mod is to cut earnigs from funding and encourge player to engage into game and get money this way.

Edited by Alewalek