strengthLimited="1"

Yes. And that variable, I believe also determines if you can use the weapon with Predator Armour or not.

So it basically does two things (which is dumb): limits accuracy to lowest of STR or ACC and sets the flag for being a heavy weapon. As far as I see, the variable "isHeavy" is redundant and actually doesn't do anything.

Yes. And that variable, I believe also determines if you can use the weapon with Predator Armour or not.

So it basically does two things (which is dumb): limits accuracy to lowest of STR or ACC and sets the flag for being a heavy weapon. As far as I see, the variable "isHeavy" is redundant and actually doesn't do anything.

Predator guns use the "is big gun" in weapons.xml. The "is heavy" determines which weapons suffer the heavy weapon move penalty.

Oh yeah I forgot about the "is big gun" variable. Oh, of course, it's geoscape related! :P I always thought the "isHeavy" is just broken/forgotten like the hypervelocity thing, at least none of the vanilla weps use it...

Man, this system is such a mess...

Hacing thought about your preference for modern-day weapons, I'm guessing that the isHeavy attribute would also be useful for simulating "deployable" weapons. I mean, it would be a bit of a hack job, but isn't that what moddng is all about?

the hypervelocity thing

Speaking of which...was this designed for bullets passing through cover on the way to the target, or passing through the target?

If it's the former, and it works a bit, that could be a sneaky workaround for grenade launchers, mimicking their trajectory by going through cover instead of over it.

Both, I think. But it was bugged, so it might not be any use to you (and in its current state might be "goes through cover but does reduced damage as a result" as it got changed to that at one point). Maybe it can be Solved though.

How hypervelocity once worked.. and how it still probably works (as it hasn't been altered in a long time) is a projectile with the hypervelocity tag will do damage to any object it intersects with, but unlike normal projectiles if it still has damage after destroying the object it will keep moving along its original path, like an out of control Bullet Bill. The first hyper-v weapon was the AP missile, which could knock down anything in its path. Try a projectile which is incendiary, has a high mitigation score and a reasonably high damage score, as most props have some armour.