Phens Tilesets 0.1

Phenakist

Phens Tilesets

I know, catchy right?

This thread is now redundant, as you can now check out the released files here :-

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11142-v1-07-Phens-Tilesets-%280-5%29

So my tiles have come a long way over the past couple days and in the next few days I will feel comfortable releasing a prop version, but continue to make more in the process which later versions will be downloadable here.

Current Content

WWII Tileset & Props

Construction Tileset & Props

Updates

- Numerous new props, Tank traps, Barbed wire, Redesigned Sherman M4, Construction Barrier, Bollards,Traffic cones, Construction Signs. [28/06/2014]

Upcoming Content

- For this, I rely on you guys to give me some ideas and suggestions to see what is wanted in the community.

- Alien tileset and props [on hold]

- WWII tileset and props :-

Jeep

- road construction tiles and props :-

road tiles, dirt mounds, Cinder blocks,

Current Tilesets

WWII Tileset :-

Construction Tileset :-

Download

- N/A (Soon)

Installation

- N/A

DoorAngles.jpg

SewageFloor.png

TiledBlueStripFloorCross.png

TiledBlueStripFloor.png

TiledBlueFloor.png

TiledGrayFloor.png

SpaceLight.png

HowitzerSW.png

ConcreteWall1SW.jpg

ConcreteWall1SW_damaged.jpg

ConcreteWallUPSW.jpg

ShermanSW.jpg

WoodernFloor1Dark.png

WoodernFloor2Dark.png

WoodernFloor3Dark.png

WoodernFloor1Light.png

WoodernFloor2Light.png

WoodernFloor3Light.png

WoodernFloor1Medium.png

WoodernFloor2Medium.png

DoorAngles.jpg

SewageFloor.png

TiledBlueStripFloorCross.png

TiledBlueStripFloor.png

TiledBlueFloor.png

TiledGrayFloor.png

SpaceLight.png

HowitzerSW.png

ConcreteWall1SW.jpg

ConcreteWall1SW_damaged.jpg

ConcreteWallUPSW.jpg

ShermanSW.jpg

WoodernFloor1Dark.png

WoodernFloor2Dark.png

WoodernFloor3Dark.png

WoodernFloor1Light.png

WoodernFloor2Light.png

WoodernFloor3Light.png

WoodernFloor1Medium.png

WoodernFloor2Medium.png

DoorAngles.jpg.0adf091a2630f7f9d217ee518

SewageFloor.png.41f5cc6b6d05628a879146a1

TiledBlueStripFloorCross.png.8857dcce948

TiledBlueStripFloor.png.24a5b64bf798676b

TiledBlueFloor.png.94b513a368c5d6c892b9a

TiledGrayFloor.png.82a7d17466e968473dd36

SpaceLight.png.cb96edff8ccec11c98e92826a

HowitzerSW.png.47c8f9d0bb7c39c6b7fe0be80

ConcreteWall1SW.jpg.a7f54cb4acd58ddddbe2

ConcreteWall1SW_damaged.jpg.408dc3fea972

ConcreteWallUPSW.jpg.32f491ccca784c669a0

ShermanSW.jpg.7149f6f49277596df4e9cda3c5

WoodernFloor1Dark.png.f53f9dc2632c97871e

WoodernFloor2Dark.png.5a1d3020acb8ea1095

WoodernFloor3Dark.png.56ff79de375c724375

WoodernFloor1Light.png.28c7e245633e64153

WoodernFloor2Light.png.4c46d4a856e20118f

WoodernFloor3Light.png.3369738d8471a5a86

WoodernFloor1Medium.png.faeefc7e6a7d55d6

WoodernFloor2Medium.png.e0a240c6fd3bcbc7

Edited by Phenakist

I have been thinking, since this is based in 1970's that there should be a little more WWII era stuff laying around, or at least vietnamese. So I am thinking of designing a few howitzer cannon props, as well as alien equipment that they may use to suppress a target

One thing I do need to ask is, how do I go about replacing an existing file with my door, to see if it works all ok. All the files are empty when I look for them to swap over.

Pretty good. Are these 2d hand drawn or 3d rendered in different perspectives and colored thereafter by hand or pretextured ?

I have scenes set up in blender to allow for 3d isometric rendering. I then export the UVmap from blender to gimp for editing, place it back in blender and then do a final render to save as a sprite

Your artillery lacks shadow, but otherwise, looking good! I'd love to have road work props, cones and machinery.

RoadWorkPack.jpg

Very good point, I did read about adding shadows in, I will look it up again and fix that. I will also aim on adding cones, roadworks etc too

Good job, man. Keep 'em coming.

It would be nice to have a map scene on a rural town setting with the artillery gun, sand bags and destroyed tanks/houses on fire etc like the town was just attacked and you're showing up for back-up.

This is my intention, eventually make a tileset for a city or town (that actually looks like a town not 2houses)

Yeah, added shadow makes it look much nicer. Great work! Can you get the shadow a bit blurrier like the yellow car in your screenshot has?

I can and will eventually, for some reason I can't find out how to do it, even though I have done it plenty of times before, once I figure it out I will change them both

Only some ideas:

- graffitti on the walls (though I don't know if this happened in the 70's)

- more vehicles: cars, VW bus, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, police cars

- I now that the game cannot do heights, but trick it with stone paved stairs and platforms like the Trocadero in Paris. So you can fight from level 1 to level zero, but not inside a building.

- elevated walkways

- graveyard "equipment"

- playground "equipment"

- more trees, bushes, sculptures

- phone booth (it IS pre-mobile era), public WC (no its not the same)

and so on...

What about some trompe-l'Å“il, is it achievable in 2D? Would bring a new visual layer to the game, especially for UFO interiors! Now imagine how cool that would be! Oh, the possibilities!

Yeah they are really great, in Rome there is Palazzo Spada with this unbelievable art from Borromini. The sculpture looks like hundreds of meter away and is just 2 m out of reach. Crazy when you are in front of it, you know the trick and stil...

However, I think this is hard to realize in the game due to the isometric view. And then the props for this are not there, oh what a hell of work.

Yeah they are really great, in Rome there is Palazzo Spada with this unbelievable art from Borromini. The sculpture looks like hundreds of meter away and is just 2 m out of reach. Crazy when you are in front of it, you know the trick and stil...

However, I think this is hard to realize in the game due to the isometric view. And then the props for this are not there, oh what a hell of work.

I don't know how hard it would be to make it happen with isometric view, Phenakist will have to say. But can you imagine how an UFO interior could look with this properly employed? It would visually express why those pests are messing with your soldiers' minds!

Perhaps something like this shouldn't be impossible:

http://classconnection.s3.amazonaws.com/997/flashcards/997997/jpg/article-1187338-0515336d000005dc-198_964x6401323230123385.jpg

Edited by KevinHann

Honestly I would say yes and no. Maybe it is possible but the pixel density poses a problem due to the small sizes per tile, however a work around could be to make it span over many tiles.

In theory I could model the scene I wanted to be as the fake 3d room then turn it into a sp be placed on the wall, I will try it in the next couple weeks. First ivwant to focus on tile sets. My plan is to have :-

WWII tile prop set and construction tile set downloadable in the next 2-3 days. I will update the top page the ideas for up coming tiles

Honestly I would say yes and no. Maybe it is possible but the pixel density poses a problem due to the small sizes per tile, however a work around could be to make it span over many tiles.

In theory I could model the scene I wanted to be as the fake 3d room then turn it into a sp be placed on the wall, I will try it in the next couple weeks.

I'm holding my breath to see how that experiment goes, mate! It could truly change the game in terms of immersion!