(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.0 - "PlatinumDragon" (New Game Universe Mod)

In case you didn't noticed its more precise than conventional shotgun at distance.So how exactly do you imagine that all,if any pellet ,hit target if you shoot from big distance ?(in current state you will hit of course but with damage penalty).However you will have to wait for TD if you want more detailed answer because he is the one behind weapons.

the thunderbolt shotgun fires only one bullet/no pellets

Yes, Thunderbolt shotgun is a support weapon that has special role in combat, deal with heavy armored units. with low fire rate this weapon can deal a decent amount of damage, specially against heavy armored units. Read xenopedia entry for that weapon, right there you will find weapon stats and a tactical description of the weapon.

It isn't effective ?Are you serious ?Men that thing is effective against every alien in the game and good tactical weapon until you reach plasma weaponry.You also won't find better breaching weapon until you plasma weaponry.It all depends how do you use it.

Edited by Sentelin

Hi , interesting mod, just started it sunday, but now I am getting a crash, when ever I go to the arm troop screen ?

I had just reseached the enforcer ? (first advanced tech pistol) built some, and went to arm some troops with it, and when ever I click on the arm troop screen button, I get kicked out with a crash, all the other buttons are working correctly, the last time I was in that screen, was when the stun weapons were reseached and was able to arm the troops with some of them (of course next mission, ran into the Androns)

I tried selling all of the pistols I had made, but still get a crash if I click on that button

did some checking was able to back up before the pistol was finished reseaching, am able to enter the arm troop button, but clicking on equiment button, crashes the game also (only think I know that is new in that screen, since the start of the game is the stun rod ?)

this is the only mod

new here, where would I upload the save to ?

Ok first reapply all the files of the V5.0, make sure you have Xenonauts V1.06.

Try Validate and repair the steam instalation.

Reapply the XNT pack

Run the test again it wpuld work.

OPTIONAL: This can be caused in Windows 8 baf allocated Thumbs.db. Go to assets folder, run the file cleanfolder.bak.

:)

thanks for the help, some reason, the file I downloaded was a bit smaller the first time then it was the 2nd time I extracted it, got it working right now, no crashes on any of the areas and I got images in the reseach logs now (shield trooper got her first kill with the new pistol, then put herself to sleep with a bad toss with her gas grande) :)

thanks for the help, some reason, the file I downloaded was a bit smaller the first time then it was the 2nd time I extracted it, got it working right now, no crashes on any of the areas and I got images in the reseach logs now (shield trooper got her first kill with the new pistol, then put herself to sleep with a bad toss with her gas grande) :)

Hahaha glad to hear ^^

Enjoy the mod

The version 5.2 brings huge changes to game mechanics, we'r making some test and waiting for little adjustments and running some testings to bring a polished version.

I believe that its not possible that we bring the build today.

The ETA for this version is tomorrow, but Theon was making some adjustments to air combat.

ahh man I was all excited to download the new version today but don't see it so is V5.2 being released today or still in internal testing?

Edited by Derekash71

ahh man I was all excited to download the new version today but don't see it so is V5.2 being released today or still in internal testing?

Hello Derekash :)

Thanks for following our progress, right now the V5.2 is under testing, we prefer to make a balance check and polish xenopedia entries to bring players a polished and well constructed build.

In other hand we'r looking for build some kind of TechTree Guide for players and Information Prompts in the game to guide and complement the players among the adventure.

Sorry for the wait,

but we are now going into quality rather than quantity,

we could release it right now and then make minor updates/bugfixes every day (and you would have to start a new game each time :o) but we think it's better to polish it out and have a bit longer testing session. It's for your own good :P

Smoke grenades causing damage is rather frustrating. I drop them on exit from the transport to minimize the chance of incoming fire being lethal.

Technically speaking, yes, smoke grenades used for screening are toxic as hell, but I don't exactly have the opportunity to equip gas masks.

Thats definitly the right course. Excellent work so far from you guys! *Thumbs Up*

Thank you! :)

Im pretty sure you'll like it!

Smoke grenades causing damage is rather frustrating. I drop them on exit from the transport to minimize the chance of incoming fire being lethal.

Technically speaking, yes, smoke grenades used for screening are toxic as hell, but I don't exactly have the opportunity to equip gas masks.

Yes, is a toxic screen. We found more realistic that player don't abuse been covered by smoke without any penalty.

I know that could be frustrating but we take the risk to introduce it to the game.

Thank you! :)

Im pretty sure you'll like it!

Yes, is a toxic screen. We found more realistic that player don't abuse been covered by smoke without any penalty.

I know that could be frustrating but we take the risk to introduce it to the game.

Technically speaking if you aren't using smoke to cover your position and you are infantry facing an enemy with thermal imaging capabilities (if you aren't infantry, then you likely use WP smoke all the time), you'd use white phosphorus smoke grenades. They produce a nasty toxic smoke, but produce a wall that that doesn't allow the IR spectrum through. This would neutralize the sebillian heat vision and was extremely popular in reality through the end of Vietnam (by everyone except soldiers who accidentally lit themselves on fire with it. They likely had different opinions on the matter.), which would make it era appropriate. Granted it also produces a solid wall of white smoke, which I'm not sure can be done very easily in the game.

That would prevent abuse by players, but improve the utility of smoke in other situations. Just a thought.

EDIT:

Love the mod though. Tons of fun. Thank you so much for making it. :D

They likely had different opinions on the matter.), which would make it era appropriate. Granted it also produces a solid wall of white smoke, which I'm not sure can be done very easily in the game.

Love the mod though. Tons of fun. Thank you so much for making it. :D

Your genius!!! Garrett!

You give me the answer that I was looking for.

One of the problem that we'r facing in V5.2 were sebillians, and Phosphorus Grenades are.... brilliant, easy to implement and very useful.

The idea is make a white smoke, that makes chemical damage and Block LOS.

My only worry is that players didnt abuse of this because in vanilla the funtion of Block LOS has been removed because a player that upload a video when he kill almost every alien in the map with.... pistols and smoke grenades.

The unique differences is than in XNT ... are a lot of Melee enemy units that can benefit from this smoke.

Thanks for the suggestion! Im glad you like it! :D

Hi TD

Do you know if your mod is fully compatible with: Xtended Background - Distribution Modmod?

Xtended Background has a few of the same file names as yours. Which one to install 1st?

Thanks in advance...

Problem with that mod is strings.xml.Otherwise it's compatiable.What you should do If you plan on using that mod with XNT:ID is to include all changes from Xtended Background into XNT:ID without simply overwriting file.If you overwrite XNT:ID strings.xml it will most likely crash game at some point.