Why use 1993 - not 1979...

Hmmm maybe 1947 when The Roswell UFO Incident was :rolleyes: I think 1979 is fine date moreover it does not matter when we start a game...

That would be a great game. Alien invation, Cold War, wwii weapons, early jet fighters and the atomic bomb question (use or not use). And the research would get a new and interesting aspect.

Great idea!

--O--

That would be a great game. Alien invation, Cold War, wwii weapons, early jet fighters and the atomic bomb question (use or not use). And the research would get a new and interesting aspect.

Great idea!

--O--

That's the setting of the FPS X-Com remake, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, I think the easter egg idea around the original X-Com launch date is a must! At least it should be included in the funding thermometer :)

I have suggested in the female tread that the time periode for Xenonauts should be set to 1993.

Why? Because that was the year X-com was first relased; 31. December 1993.

--:cool:--

But then we miss out on the great Cold War aesthetic!

"Black ops" and UFOs are a huge part of the Cold War mythos nowadays, and I think Xenonauts has chosen its time period perfectly.

I would like a halloween easteregg in missions started on ingame halloween, where civvies dress up as aliens (not using alien sprites but ductape together stuff to look like Cesarans, Sibillians and Androns.) Bonus if the Aliens dressed up as civvies in the same kind of ducttaped together costumes. Although that would require too many new sprites.. unless you make them take off the costumes as soon as they do anything other then walking or standing.