Potential Fix for Soldier Equip Screen Crash

This is a weird one, and possibly it won't work at all. But try downloading this file and copying it into the /assets/ folder of your game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26290309/AM_AirSuperiority.xml

That file basically disables Air Superiority missions. I had a weird bug in debug mode where my Chinook was shot down while I was on the Soldier Equip screen...despite being landed at the time, and there being no UFOs on the map. Perhaps that may be causing the crash.

Give it a try and see if it helps. If not, delete the file and then validate your game integrity on Steam to get the original back.

The bug also seemed to become more frequent when I turned up the frequency of the Air Superiority missions in RC1. So maybe it's to do with manually fighting the Fighters?

But I guess it's always easy to come up with reasons to support a theory - doesn't mean that it's going to be right!

Hmm, interesting. I was just thinking 5 minutes ago... I've almost never played air combat and thought if it could be somehow connected to the equipment screen crash as I'm not getting it at all.

I pretty much always play through air combat fully, and don't seem to have gotten the crash recently.

I've not been testing the above fix, because I've not actually had the crash and continuing to not get it wouldn't necessarily prove anything. So I've been messing around trying to reproduce the issue instead (completely without success). Should probably post tests on the other thread, though.

EDIT: I don't think the above is going to fix it. I've just reloaded the same save several times to try and force it and eventually managed to get a crash; if it was something to do with fighters then it shouldn't have happened once and not the other times, I'd have thought.

Edited by kabill

I had the game crash once(about 20 hours ago?) do to solider equip screen bug. (I was using the default installation, aka not the above file).

I caught the crash on stream( http://www.twitch.tv/greenbeanhd/b/535733577 35:42) and looking back on I really can not say what caused it. It was very early game(had only done one mission) and after loading it didn't crash again(only difference is, a UFO I let get away I managed to catch this time.)

It is the first time I encountered the crash.

I've earlier said that I've never had this crash. Well, today I had my first. Also, intrestingly enough, it was the first time in ages I've loaded an autosave in the middle of the mission... so I think this is a pretty strong signal that reloading the autosave triggers this bug.

(I also had 1 injured soldier and two gained a promotion, in case it matters)

Edited by Skitso