Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [V12.1] Invisible alien

dis things moves, shoots, and kills ma boyz. Mast be a facehugger! Raaaahhhhhhh! I'm gonna kick your ...
    *voice fading beneath the deadly sound af a Machinegun*

Rookie
    I get this bug for Xenonauts after searching the farm buildings on a field UFO crash sites...

Trying to upload screenshot, but cannot get it to work? It goes to max. of the upload and then nothing...

Sergeant
    just use a image depot site and hotlink it.

Also I encountered this last night, once you kill this shadow alien it does become visible at least.

Rookie
    http://i.imgur.com/TAydG.jpg

So the forums uploader neither would accept imgur or imageshack... So you just get a link...

If the soldier is not selected and/or you have the cursor over the soldier, they can be really tricky to find..

Quote Originally Posted by PRiME View Post
    just use a image depot site and hotlink it.
    Good idea, thx
    Last edited by bloodlazio; 07-06-2012 at 08:04.

Squaddie
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsWeekling
    My shadow aliens move, and die, leaving a corpse. Will check the type and what weapon it's carrying next time. I've seen it happen 2 time. AFAIK they did not fire at me.

*edit* happened again last night, have some screenshots this time. Will opload when I'm home. Now I can confirm one of 2 encountered shadows on a map shot at me, thus they are functional. The issue is cosmetic.
    Last edited by dekamme; 07-24-2012 at 09:30.

Squaddie
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsWeekling
    In the first pic I highlighted the alien shadow. The next one targetting him, then his corpse. In the last one I had a soldier standing on top of him, so you can see what type of alien it is.

Shadow07combined.jpg

For those who don't know how to make a screenshot:
    Ingame press "print screen" on your keyboard
    ALT-TAB back to windows
    open a picture editor (like Paint)
    Paste (ctrl-v)
    Save as jpg

I thought the invisibility might be a feature, since a mind control was attempted immediately before. All I could see was that he had a red head, don't think it's the Leader since he wasn't in the command center. Since this was so unusual, we tried to beat him down with batons, game CTD.

Correction: it was the Leader.
    Last edited by screeg; 07-25-2014 at 15:26.

Please don't resurrect bug threads from two years ago - this was a bug in a build long ago. Please create a new one if you're experiencing this in V1.09. If you are, please also provide a save game from the mission if possible so we can try and recreate the situation.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt