(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V3.4 - "RedDragon Version" (Include New Weapons)

XNT- INTO DARKNESS

Inspiration Mod Based on "Way of Wolf" E. E. Knight

Powefull.jpg

"Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Euripides

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF XNT: ITD

IF YOUR NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS MOD PLEASE CLICK THIS BOTTOM TO KNOW OUR PROJECT OR FOLLOW THIS LINK

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9850-%28Mod-Release%29-XNT-Into-Darkness-V3-RedStar-Version

What is XNT - Into Darkness?

This mod is nothing but hard work and compilation of multiple users, players Xenonauts community. At the same time fulfills the function of providing innovative and demonstrative elements of the scope of the game platform.

What makes it different?

XNT - Into Darkness is planned for players looking for a faster pace of play and active action GCs, mixing a kind of specific modifications that make the exciting diverse environment. The idea is to provide tools to the player from the beginning to take its own path in the struggle of the alien invasion.

How to play

First you must understand that there are various forms and parameters that allow you to start the way you want, however there are several alternatives or pattern to start playing:

- Air Supremacy, the initial focus resources in powerful and destructive fleet of aircrafts at high economy cost.

- Economy Factor, Prepare, designing and making multiple factories of mass production. (Beware based attacks are frequent).

- Armor Rush, if you want to ensure your supremacy and survival of soldiers in combat, you need to focus your efforts on developing heavy and solid platforms vehicular warfare (tanks).

- Technology Master, Prepares several research divisions ready to diagnose and take advantage of the alien technology, you always will have cutting edge technology in combat.

- Imagine your own way, there are thousands of ways to address these elements and mix.

Whats unique in XNT - Into Darkness?

- Unique AI combination of scripts

- Possible to make money by manufacture

- Aim and damage dynamic is heavily changed

RED DRAGON VERSION RELEASE XNT - INTO DARKNESS V3.4

New Features:

- 3x New Weapons Added

- Alien Class researchs gives extra damage against the target race.

- Alien Weapons has been modified

- Alien Races has been change a bit in terms of stats, tactical pros and cons

- Lore+ Has been readopted to Experimental branch.

- Some changes in AI Behavior make aliens intelligent, adaptive and reactive

- Building Unkeep, Economy and Manufacture has been reviewed and fixed.

- New Paths of Research tree.

- NEW UFO HULL BREACH!

HOW TO INSTALL

(NEW!) V3.6 XNT: ITD EXTENDED CORE PACK LORE+

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE!

RECOMMENDED MAP PACK

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9760-%28Sort-of%29-Random-Maps! (NEED UPDATE TO V22 Exp 7)

1. Copy Xenonauts folder to new location (Optional but recomended)

2. Extract XNT - Into Darkness CORE Pack in ASSETS folder

3. Extract additional content, XNT - Into Darkness Add-On in ASSETS folder (If you want new music and few arts in game).

4. Recommended extract and install Kabill's Random Map Pack

5. Enjoy and think!

THANKS FOR PLAYING, WE HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR HARD WORK!

Special Thanks for Max_Caine and Kabill for his cooperation and hardwork

SPECIAL AND REGARDS TO THE ARTIST HENRY PONCIANO FOR DRAWING SUCH A WONDERFUL ILLUSTRATIONS FOR LORE+

"Are you prepared to deal with alien invasion Commander?"

invasion-concept-art.jpg

CHANGE LOG V3:

V3.5

- 3x Weapons Added

- Advanced Ballistic Techtree has been developed

- Maintenance of hangars and workshops has been reduced by 20%

- Cost of Radar, Hangar and Workshop reduced by 20%

- Cost and maintenance of laboratories increased by 10%

- Pistol balancing for shot modes and types.

- Wound system changed to each 5 damage 70% and 2 persistent damage (Reduce bleeding effect but difficult to cure).

- Now you can manufacture from beginning of the game (Each Tier has his money maker and the game has a secret money source of resources)

- Stun grenades, stun baton and gas damage is increased by 20%.

V3.4

- 3x Weapons Added

- 4x Research paths added

- Projectile's speed has been increased to 2000

- Alien Weapons has been modified

- Building Unkeep has been reduced -15%

- New Alien AI, "Boss" for the leader commanders.

- Weapon damage (Increased) and Wounds (Less %) has been modified

- Manufacture of Jackal armors is reduced.

- Complete restructure of Alien Stats.

V3.2

- 2x Weapons Added

- 2x Research paths added

- Balanced weapons testing

- Lore+ Remastered

V3.1

- Rank cost reduced by 15%

- Difficulty values is readjusted, aliens stats and accuracy for "Normal" and "Veteran" reduced in 10% and 8% for each one.

- Music is removed due to possible Copyright issues (We'r requesting non-profit free use permission).

- Alien trickery is reduced for Normal and Easy difficulties by 5%.

- Alien Alloy, Plasma Pistol and Plasma Rifle research time is reduced to 80, 73 and 86 for each one.

- Ufocontent has been modified for Alien Attack, the mixture of scripts put some aliens suited for "Hit and run" long ranged attacks, other ones for "assault" and other team like "commander".

- The funding value of countries has been increased by 5% due to increase profit of defending earth.

GENERAL AND GEOSPACE

- New music for Day and different for Night combat.

- New Background and Hidden turn images.

- Air Superiority of alien invasion is dramatically increased.

- Alien Terror Missions chance is reduced due to his HARD difficulty in the mod (Is considered like Boss Fight)

- Base Attack Frequency is increased to force the player put defenses in their stations.

- Each alien as unique behavior and stats.

- Starting money is increased but Month founding is heavily reduced.

- Alien invasion progression has been increased.

- Refuel, Repair and Reload of aircraft has been increased.

- Manufacture cost of Wolf and Predator has been heavily increased (Considered Premium AAA valuable items)

- Laser and Jackal armors selling value has set and balanced, you can set profitable economy at hard cost in space and infrastructure.

- Research tree has been changed (Tips: For heavy armors you need to develop plating for tanks and then extrapolate it to personal armors)

- Starting Soldiers Stats has been increased in range.

- Starting soldiers is reduced to 6, but this soldiers represent the best of humanity.

- Relation cost of alien attacks has been increased.

GROUND COMBAT

- TU consumption of alien Scripts in changed (Behavior.xml)

- Alien Stats has been modified.

- Alien Armor defense is set for each race and ranks.

- Unique AI modifications and new scripts added to the game.

- Clip Size and Ammo for some weapon has increased.

- Armor absorption value is increased.

- Heavy Weapon penalty is changed to 70% of the original accuracy.

- Speed of bullets has increased by 50%.

- Area of Effect and range of explosives has been increased.

- Area of Effect and Range for Flares has been increased, making it more useful in night combat.

- Random damage range for all weapons is changed to 28% instead 50%.

- Kneeling Accuracy boost is increased to 25% instead 20%.

- Armor degradation is reduced to 10%.

- All items in environment as reduced durability by 20% of their original score.

- Explosives makes more damage against structures (7x damage value).

- Short range accuracy bonus is increased to 13%

- Base range of throwing weapons is increased by 0.5

- Range of Burst reaction fire is increased to 20 tiles.

- LOS range for all units has been increased by 20%.

- Weapon ranges is increased in 37% (Not for snipers).

- Wounds deal 5 points of damage and has 50% change to appear by each 5 input damage.

- Damage, Aim parameters and effects has been modified, in this mod shots without cover is HIGHLY possible.

- Cover value of objects has been increased by 25% but weapons accuracy is dramatically increased.

- Tanks and weapon plataforms has been increased in power and protection.

Powefull.jpg

invasion-concept-art.jpg

Powefull.thumb.jpg.b83f9c93194fb64e36ee0

invasion-concept-art.jpg.668dd760c038957

Edited by TacticalDragon

NEW WEAPON SPECS:

Sub Machinegun Enforce EF-Z701

MP.jpg

Fire Mode: Burst Fire 23AP

Accuracy: 28%

Fire Rate: 4 Bullets (16 Bullets per turn full auto)

Damage: Pistol Ammo Caliber .45 (20 Nominal damage, 10 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: None

Range of effect: Medium

Tactical Notes:

- Suited for urban and short combat environment.

- Can be used with shields.

- Highly effective against low armored units.

- Quick reload system.

- High ammo consumption and Small Clip size

Light Assault Rifle - LMG Zephyr MK-ZP802

M16.jpg

Fire Mode:

Snap Shot 24AP - 44% accuracy

Aimed Shot 60AP - 98% Accuracy

Burst Fire 32AP - 32% Accuracy

Fire Rate: 4 Bullets in burst fire

Damage: Special Rifle Ammo Caliber .45 (33 Nominal damage, 18 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: Low

Range of effect: Long and short range

Tactical Notes:

- Most advanced ballistic rifles developed in XNT Facilities

- Versatile and powerfull weapon for all ranges

- Only heavy armored units can stop this special ammo without damage.

- Slow to reaload

- High ammo consumption and high Recoil.

Machinegun HMG Korhang KR-R331

HMG.jpg

Fire Mode: Burst Fire 30AP

Accuracy: 30%

Fire Rate: 7 Bullets (21 Bullets per turn in full auto)

Damage: Pistol Ammo Caliber .48 (29 Nominal damage, 10 Stun Damage)

Tactical Notes:

- Suited for heavy suppression and cover destruction

- His powerful firepower can overcome grouped enemies

- High Recoil and Weight limit the use of the weapon to restricted situation and trained soldiers.

- Slow Reload.

MP.jpg

M16.jpg

HMG.jpg

MP.jpg.a7a671f85f072a73178b0b9a11eaac90.

M16.jpg.2be45ff317ba2b6ff8bc68c78764fdf0

HMG.jpg.9e1755e10c9313b19ab4641b75d685cd

I have a strange problem with soldiers wearing jackal combat armour, they don't move any more. The running animation starts, but never stops, and they are stuck.

Then the game crashes.

Also the starting screen overlaps with the new animation thing.

BALANCE HOTFIX V3.4 - H1 NO.11

This new hotfix was released to maintain balance to human player, specially in Veteran and Insane difficulties.

Extract the next patch on "Asset" folder

DOWNLOAD LINK BALANCE HOTFIX 1

CHANGELOG HOTFIX V3.4 HOT 1

- Alien armor and stats has been modified, this changes compromise two basic goals.

1: favor type of protection against some weapons (EX: Caesan resilient against energy but weak to ballistics, Sebillians good protection against ballistic but less against energy).

2: Increase tactical dynamic of the races (EX: Caesan constitution is fragile but they are very mobile and agile)

- Corsair resistance has been increased to 900

- Base attack occurrence increased to 12% and terror mission decreased to 10%.

- Armor values of Vehicles has been modified to favor front armor and decrease lateral and rear.

- Building upkeep has been reduced by 10% and workshops in 20%, to allow player expand to 3 or 4 defense bases.

- Aletium cost of vehicles and aircraft has been reduced by 50%.

Edited by TacticalDragon

I have a strange problem with soldiers wearing jackal combat armour, they don't move any more. The running animation starts, but never stops, and they are stuck.

Then the game crashes.

Also the starting screen overlaps with the new animation thing.

We notice about the new animation feature, you can remove it by this way:

- Go to assets/backgrounds/mainmenu

- Delete all "animation" folder

Other alternative is dont unpack background folder from XNT Pack.

About the Jackal armor is quiet weird, can you give me a save file for this bug?

which weapon is carring the soldier?

Thank you selgald for your feedback.

I complete the mission without the two "walkers", and the next mission works fine again. I cant if this is a problem with 22V8 or with the mod.

The problem is caused by corrupted save, looks like the save force the engine to "draw" the units in movement.

If the units was in that state can receive orders to move to other position.

Tell me if following the game without that dont repeat the same issue.

Thanks!

STARTER GUIDE::

This guide will help you (No solve you) some of the initial tips of RECOMMENDED start for XNT - Into Darkness, this guide became basic maneuver specially for Veteran difficulty levels, is not a guideline is tips to survive:

To play and win in this mod you need to understand 3 basic pillars:

1. Manufacture and sell is mandatory

The world want to help, but they have his own problems, try to reach Jackal Armor OR Laser Pistol SOON AS POSSIBLE. To manufacture successfully and get a profit you need to increase in this order:

TIER1: About 30 and 60 engineers for at least 2 bases

TIER 2: More than 90 engineers and at least 3 bases

TIER 3: No more than 120 workers

For the day 29 before invasion start is the right time to start manufacturing.

2. Time is against you

In this game you need to meet some tech requirements to win UFO crash, survive only for Airstriking is not an option. Train soldiers and get new technology is basic requirement to survive. You can improvise a little, you can ignore Laser weaponry and try to survive with Advanced Ballistics but is too RISKY. The invasion is imminent.

3. Building development,

When you start you have enough resources to FULL the base, but don't do it at random take and objective, this are some examples:

Focus on Research: 3 Laboratories, 2 Workshops, 1 Living Quarter, 1 Medical Bay, 1 Radar

Try to develop each research son as possible, build a secondary base and build all Workshops and Store room as you can. Your primary base is for research and the secondary for Economy. 3th and 4th base need to be focused on interception.

Focus on survive: 2 Laboratories, 3 Workshops, 1 Living, 1 Medical bay, 1 Garage

Try to reach tanks quickly, hire some soldiers more but build 3 tanks. Use your starting soldiers to fight with a tank from start, trying NEVER to lose a soldier. Because you didn't build a second radar on the main base you need to improve quickly before world economy takes apart.

4. Innovation

Try to play several times the game from start and explore any possibility. Maybe research lasers first? Maybe focus on tanks? maybe build 3 bases from start of the game? Try to deal alien invasion until Tier 2 only with Condors? Try to reach plasma and survive only with advanced ballistics?

Try, but always remember:

- Never Defend secondary bases if they have only hangars and so on, aliens prefer attack the elder base.

- When you have multiple bases try to move some laboratories to other bases but never build defenses on the primary base at start. The main base need defense latter in game when you migrate and segregate workshops and laboratories to other secondary bases.

- Develop aircraft at the same time you develop weapons, in this game MiGs and Condors is not enough, even if you research Plasma and Laser explosives. Try Corsair in Tier 2.

I'll upload some video demos with useful tips.

Thank you!

Some feedback

V22 Exp 8 + ITD 3.4 + Blood Bath Mod

Game difficulty: normal / normal

Finally game is not insanely difficult and I can play it at normal difficulty. Thx god. I used to lose like 1-2 troops per mission. Now its almost always zero. I was doing almost all crash sites to not bother my self with workshops. and it was fine. For now i survived until lasers. Have 6 bases. And aliens are at medium ufo with androns level.

Economy:

In this mod doing crash sites is veeery profitable. You can get 30k for airshow and like 140k for ground mission. It means that no matter what u have to go on the crash site. And another one. And one more. No avoiding crash sites. Its a bit boring process. I like the concept. But what about making ufos more destructible in terms of surviving air combat? Maybe only 60% - 70% of UFOS should be able to crash site at all?

As to air combat there is a bug. When u shoot down an fighter above the ocean u still gets some alien alloys. But u dont get anything from normal ufos. ( Fighters can swim? )

Ground Combat:

Seems like soldier get boosted up. I like that. Finally rookies do not suck. Btw one of my veteran soldier have 104 hp (bug?)

New weapons are sexy. And a bit overpowered i think. Especially new pistol in compare to old one. I would suggest reduce his potential a little bit and just get rid off the old one because new pistol is god damn sexy. You should make this kind of pistols for all other tiers (and replace those single shot crappos). But lowering pistol a bit is crucial cause it makes shield troops op now.

I notice that ceasans are more vulnerable to ballistics and sebs to energy. And Lasers are weaken than before. So it seems like changes are going to replace old 4 tiers weapons system to something like: Tier 1, Tier 1+, Tier 2, Tier 2+ instead of just T1, T2, T3, T4 . U invented lasers but auto pistol is still in use and even more effective against Ceasens. It maybe be a good idea. It would provide more dynamic to weaponry but shorten technology tree at the same time.

New LMG and Rifle. They are cool (sounds could be better and there is no descriptions and also both rifles looks the same which is weird) but what is the reason to keep older versions? They just weight less. For me it was just annoying to scroll down the list to get better rifle. Maybe if they were somehow limited or requires certain stats (like 65 strength) to be used then it would be a choice. But for now just after release I forgot I have any different weapons than those. New weapons also appears really fast in the game. So old ones just do not exist anymore.

Bleeding system is terrible. Simple example: -25 at hit, -28 every next turn. Joke. And its also very randomized.

I made a hot fix for my self cause i couldnt stand it anymore.:

<BleedingWound damageAmount="7" chance="75" hpLossPerTurn="3" />

I it less randomized and less annoying.

Explosives in my opinion should be throw able (low range super grenade). Now they are useless. I wanted to blow up a house with alien inside and when I get close alien just run out and shot me down. How the hell do they always know. Same for UFOS btw. Aliens full charge just when u are getting close to the door is pretty certain. I get used to that and I just wait for it to happened.

Else:

Everything else is more or less fine. Ai is better (inside UFOS) but i guess its thx to Vanilla. Armors are fine. Jackal is pretty light now. But its ok. Grenades seems to be more accurate. Explosives crash the game. My tank wreck disappeared after single shot (it is easier to destroy tank wreck than wooden fence - much wow). Sending soldiers to hospital resets their equipment to rifle with 1 clip. Interface its sometimes annoying. And so on.

Edited by radek

I was not able to capture an officer with 24 Stun and/or schock grenades. Maybe a little tweak here?

Also after I dismantled a workshop, Iam not able to build: Laboratory, Workshop, Radar they are not in the list any more.

Edited by Selgald

I was not able to capture an officer with 24 Stun and/or schock grenades. Maybe a little tweak here?

Also after I dismantled a workshop, Iam not able to build: Laboratory, Workshop, Radar they are not in the list any more.

You should know better than tempting union strikes at your facilities!

Joke aside, you drag around 24 stun charges? Amazing!

Depend on the type of officer that you want to capture. If your trying to get a Sebillian with gas stun grenade it will cost you a lot, this race is very resilent against chemical damage.

In the game are two types of stun damage, energy and chemical, caesan are resilent against energy but weak against chemicals, Sebillians is the contrary.

Try unpack the last version again and repack. Try to play in Normal, we are right now balancing Easy difficulty.

Radek as always,

Thanks for your feedback, let me work on them separately.

Have 6 bases. And aliens are at medium ufo with androns level.

Economy:

In this mod doing crash sites is veeery profitable. You can get 30k for airshow and like 140k for ground mission. It means that no matter what u have to go on the crash site. And another one. And one more. No avoiding crash sites. Its a bit boring process. I like the concept. But what about making ufos more destructible in terms of surviving air combat? Maybe only 60% - 70% of UFOS should be able to crash site at all?

Wao thats amazing, having 6 bases result profitable? Can you upload a video?. In theory having 4 Bases in Tier 4 is enough to deal alien invasion.

About the UFO the thing can be problematic because limit the destructibility can result that "Autoresolve" never left Crash site. We'll make some tests about this.

As to air combat there is a bug. When u shoot down an fighter above the ocean u still gets some alien alloys. But u dont get anything from normal ufos. ( Fighters can swim?)

This is part of the original game indeed.

Ground Combat:

Seems like soldier get boosted up. I like that. Finally rookies do not suck. Btw one of my veteran soldier have 104 hp (bug?)

New weapons are sexy. And a bit overpowered i think. Especially new pistol in compare to old one. I would suggest reduce his potential a little bit and just get rid off the old one because new pistol is god damn sexy. You should make this kind of pistols for all other tiers (and replace those single shot crappos). But lowering pistol a bit is crucial cause it makes shield troops op now.

I notice that ceasans are more vulnerable to ballistics and sebs to energy. And Lasers are weaken than before. So it seems like changes are going to replace old 4 tiers weapons system to something like: Tier 1, Tier 1+, Tier 2, Tier 2+ instead of just T1, T2, T3, T4 . U invented lasers but auto pistol is still in use and even more effective against Ceasens. It maybe be a good idea. It would provide more dynamic to weaponry but shorten technology tree at the same time.

New LMG and Rifle. They are cool (sounds could be better and there is no descriptions and also both rifles looks the same which is weird) but what is the reason to keep older versions? They just weight less. For me it was just annoying to scroll down the list to get better rifle. Maybe if they were somehow limited or requires certain stats (like 65 strength) to be used then it would be a choice. But for now just after release I forgot I have any different weapons than those. New weapons also appears really fast in the game. So old ones just do not exist anymore.

We'r glad that you enjoy the modifications, V22 Exp 8 is pretty stable right now. About the new weapons is not OP at all, after long time of test we try to fill with this weapons different Roles that the original game lack.

The SMG Enforcer has low armor penetration and damage and is equal in power to the laser pistol, the idea is that Shield soldier has this two weapons in the inventory. This SMG provide suppression and most defensive role for shield user, in the samt way deal kinetic damage. If you try to deal Tier 2- Androns or Sebillians this weapons is worthless and is better use a laser pistol.

About The Assault Rifle LMG Zephyr is an alternative pathway, some players will try to skip laser weapons and try to reach plasmas. This weapon provide more fire power than original rifle, but ammo consumption and slow reload time makes uncomfortable for rookies. For this reason we left the original rifles and pistols.

The HMG Korhang in other hand provide NO more damage than the original machinegun, but is WAY WAY better for cover destruction. You can begin the full round of automatic fire with this HMG and destroy almost all the cover, gettin the LOS clear for more powerful weapons.

Bleeding system is terrible. Simple example: -25 at hit, -28 every next turn. Joke. And its also very randomized.I made a hot fix for my self cause i couldnt stand it anymore.:

<BleedingWound damageAmount="7" chance="75" hpLossPerTurn="3" />

I it less randomized and less annoying.

The game need to be fatal, we calculate that damage of 40 or more can be deadly for any soldier, only veteran soldiers are resilient (Or Lucky) enough to deal with it.

Explosives in my opinion should be throw able (low range super grenade). Now they are useless. I wanted to blow up a house with alien inside and when I get close alien just run out and shot me down. How the hell do they always know. Same for UFOS btw. Aliens full charge just when u are getting close to the door is pretty certain. I get used to that and I just wait for it to happened.

We programed the AI for getting extra senses, they can listen or share vision thats the cause that they hunt your near soldier if begin detected. About the explosives, you need to test more, Alentium explosives are very powerful and some kind of aliens are vulnerable to it, specially Caesan and Androns.

WIth a rifle laser you can deal pointed damage about 60 or 80, but with a explosive you can deal 40 or more damage for each unit get in the area of effect.

Frag grenade is supposed to deal Tier 1 aliens, you need to reach Alentium, Plasma and Fusion to get more powerful grenades. In other hand at the begin of the game you can use a emergency explosion pack the C4. One of my parthners abuse of this item, he carry about 2 explosives per soldiers and blowup almost the entire map if he need it. :S!!!

Else:

Everything else is more or less fine. Ai is better (inside UFOS) but i guess its thx to Vanilla. Armors are fine. Jackal is pretty light now. But its ok. Grenades seems to be more accurate. Explosives crash the game. My tank wreck disappeared after single shot (it is easier to destroy tank wreck than wooden fence - much wow). Sending soldiers to hospital resets their equipment to rifle with 1 clip. Interface its sometimes annoying. And so on

The AI is completely programed for us and we'r pretty satisfied by now. YES explosive crash the game sometimes, its happend in vanilla version too.

Thanks for your complete feedback!!! Soo much!!!

We'll review your suggestions and take note for the next build.

ALTERNATIVE ENDING NEWS NO.12

For long time I have the idea to create a different or alternative way to reach the ending, I want that this mod had different kind of finals. This post is to share part of my ideas, any comment will be welcome:

Getting the hook

At first when you manage to interrogate the alien officer, you know that alien use a kind of "Gate" called "The Pillar of Amber ". Also if you defeat an alien leader, you'll find in his equipment a strange device .

Researching the Pilar,

If you investigate the device you reveal that is a key, which aliens called "Pendulum Prism" and its use is unknown. On the track you will find that each race has a key and leaders is the only ones that know about it.

To the action,

Research indicates that each leader fleet, according to race, has a kind of pendulum prism, the aliens have made an alliance but the condition was that none would have the full key to the gate because its dangerous, only the supreme masters of the universe " The Praetors" can use it completely. The only way to understand the use and final solution will be collecting artifacts that every leader of every race.

The Outcome,

There are several alternatives , you can not researched the device and end the game in the conventional manner. If you followed the path of the keys there are two ways to find solution.

Once collected , united and researched the "Pendulum Prism" can happen:

1. If a Based Alien is present, that base is selected as something that aliens call "The Link", the target is enter deep into the base (which is not a conventional base). This base is a maze of 3 missions where your soldiers will have no truce. The aliens were already on earth since centuries ago and at the bottom of the crack Praetors put "The guardian" and an "Arc" that bond the earth into Praetor influence. This infernal Arc is full of unknown symbols and coincidentally similar to some cryptic symbols of witchcraft, this construction is just a link of a chain... "Pillar of amber", which is directly controlled by Praetor ship. This ends up preventing the invasion, but Praetors come before humans leaders and xenonauts , only to announce that if destruction of humankind is part of a destiny that is already written and they will return when they repaired the chain of "Pillar of amber ."

2 This is the most difficult end, If you have not let the aliens built bases, manage to interrogate an harridan officer, you manage to collect all the keys "Pendulum Prisms". The leader harridan let you know that other races hates "The praetors" but they don't have any choice because they are protected by the" Pillar of amber". You identify that the key have a direct connection with a "Praetor battleship" in orbit. The Xenonauts foundation need to send a landing craft, escorted by the entire fleet of aerial interceptors, preventing that the landing fleet has intercepted. The mission is to achieve reach the center of the battleship and sneak (not necessarily kill all aliens) on 3 levels, each level has entering area and descending area, leading to more lower levels to the control center.

The control center is a place with a huge window where you only see the space, and alien prism artifact burning in light in the middle. There three Overlords Praetor guard the access, this artifact is charged and let "Pillar of amber" transport alien ships between space (Explaining the appearance of the Waves). The Xenonauts must, DESTROY OR USE the key in the prism.

- Using pendulum Prism, will allow fleets of the other races of aliens access to the praetor's planet "The sactuary" where the "Pillar amber" lays. All other races will take the advantage and begin an massive attack against their captors ... supreme war against Preators.

- Destroy the Artifact Prism, it will block the attack to earth, aliens without supplies and reinforcements will fall one by one. After they get defeat is starting a new golden era of humanity, full of technology, peace and union.

What did you think

Enjoyed reading through the alternative endings - would be interesting and add to the game experience. I always thought the story line was one of the weakest point of the classical formula XCOM games (even the EU version). The story of the global invasion can be an interesting one but gets neglected - that is partially I am looking forward to the Lore+ project results :)

What I liked the most is the idea of sending all aircraft as escort - naturally they would be blown away so no return is possible at this point (except if a strong enough air force was assembled? :)) Tie ins into the strategic map are sorely missing - It is also interesting to see a mod which offers manufacturing as a source of income and even explains why - so what I think is then: ok, If I sell 100 laser rifles, will there be more soldiers with laser weapons in the tactical maps due to this, or even flat out more soldiers? Can't I tell which region I would like to sell the weapons to strengthen the forces there and increase the relationship a bit? Maybe I am just trying to relive the Mass Affect 3 that never came, but tie ins of the lore into strategic decisions always increases immersion for me :)

Thank you for your appreciations about endings.

What I liked the most is the idea of sending all aircraft as escort - naturally they would be blown away so no return is possible at this point (except if a strong enough air force was assembled? :))

This is actually pretty wonderful idea, more alternative endings has the game more replay and addiction it cause. :D

Tie ins into the strategic map are sorely missing - It is also interesting to see a mod which offers manufacturing as a source of income and even explains why - so what I think is then: ok

The XNT Into Darkness implement and balance a economy system, if you produce weapons and armors governments buy it for his war troops. But I don't manage to put Friendly AI soldiers with lasers depending on amount of lasers or armors sell. :

And finally YES, the weak point of this series of games was the history, predictable or lineal.

Thanks for your comments and I suggest you to try the XNT Into Dakness mod.

TacticalDragon, the new weapons are awesome and fulfill the gap between early ballisctics and something more advanced! Also they are lacking information in game when you hover the mouse over them (ok, I know that info is here in the first post of this topic),

I only wish you could also add a new shotgun and a new rifle, maybe a new pistol too.

TacticalDragon, the new weapons are awesome and fulfill the gap between early ballisctics and something more advanced! Also they are lacking information in game when you hover the mouse over them (ok, I know that info is here in the first post of this topic),

I only wish you could also add a new shotgun and a new rifle, maybe a new pistol too.

Yes exactly, not only they fit a gap between Energy weapons, provide other elements:

- Shield suppressor soldier

- Weapon advantage in some situations (Specially against caesans)

- If you dont have any weapon available you can equip soldiers "unsasigned" to defend the base with this weapons.

- Cover destruction.

We'r just working on the new shotgun, other kind of pistol and other sniper rifle. I'll take in consideration put other different rifle for the game.

Thank you! Remember post you "Beginning tactic here"

Will do, TacticalDragon!

I'm still evaluating how successful my strategy is. It seems I triggered some kind of "air rush" in the AI by shooting down lots of recons and fighters early game. They are bringing heavy stuff and larger numbers before I was expecting. Seems like they are actively reacting to my moves! Lets see what happens next.

NEW VERSION HAS BEEN UPLOADED!

VERSION 3.5 IS UPLOADING

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD XNT - ITD V3.5

Hello everyone we have more content that we hope you enjoy in this adventure. This update do not break the game and you can apply without fear:

NEW CHANGES INCLUDE!

- New economy sources

- Complete balance and tech tree for Advanced ballistics

- Wound system fix

- Balance fix

- Much more! (See the change log in the first page of this topic to review all changes)

NEW WEAPON SPECS:

HEAVY PISTOL - WarHawk WR-H33

Dualhawk.jpg

HP Warhawk.jpg

Snap Shot 18AP - 30% accuracy

Normal 28AP - 50% Accuracy

Aimed 48AP - 105% Accuracy

Fire Rate: Single shot

Damage: Pistol Ammo Caliber .50 (35 Nominal damage, 20 Stun Damage)

Tactical Notes:

- Powerful impact can damage heavy armors without need of any anti-armor ammunition.

- Laser Sight mounted in this unit makes very accurate weapon (No usable in dual wield).

- Can be used Dual Wield OR Can be used with shields.

- Effective against heavy armored units

- Heavy build, recoil and reload time makes this weapon suited only for veteran soldier.

SPECIAL OPS - ThunderBolt AZT300

Thunderolt.jpg

Fire Mode:

Snap Shot 30AP - 52% accuracy

Aimed Shot 49AP - 104% Accuracy

Fire Rate: Low

Damage: Armor Piercing Shotgun Slugs (36 Nominal damage, 36 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: Medium

Range of effect: Medium range

Tactical Notes:

- Modified version of the conventional shotgun.

- Versatile and powerful weapon suited for close range and selective targets.

- Can deal high amount of kinetic potential that can cause enemies to knock out even if they resist the impact.

- Slow to reaload and ammo

- Has limited use in combat field in terms of range, rate of fire and damage.

NEW IMAGE FOR LMG Zephyr Assault Rifle

In the next build wait for the Parango Heavy Laser Pistol'

HPParango.jpg

Dualhawk.jpg

HP Warhawk.jpg

Thunderolt.jpg

HPParango.jpg

Dualhawk.jpg.62b43575cf8fcc913d3e43a6227

577e7ce543edd_HPWarhawk.jpg.f7b08d6cf6ee

Thunderolt.jpg.3d9aab07e05b2f92d503e7320

HPParango.jpg.f373e144ca99e954511d97fdf9

Edited by TacticalDragon