(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V3.4 - "RedDragon Version" (Include New Weapons)

It's not your fault.Issue with Med pack was to be excepted,after all you did modify alien invasion research branch to trigger "event" that would allow producing med pack and there was nothing you could done for games in progress. Things like this will happen more often as mod continues to evolve,so just put warning at the first page that future updates will most likely not be fully compatible.

It's not your fault.Issue with Med pack was to be excepted,after all you did modify alien invasion research branch to trigger "event" that would allow producing med pack and there was nothing you could done for games in progress. Things like this will happen more often as mod continues to evolve,so just put warning at the first page that future updates will most likely not be fully compatible.

Yeah... that's a shame the game is like that and probably will stay that way forever. It will hurt the mod community now and in the future. I even created a thread in the Bug Reports it, but I dont think the devs can do much about it anyway...

Yes, the next time I made major changes on items or research trees I'll make sure to notice players about affected games.

For now this Manufacture modification of this hotfix improves greatly the players options and allow make money progressive in game.

I can't wait to hear your feedback about new weapons and techtree modifications. We test about 6 new games with 10 hours of play with a great success!

I need to say that I love Heavy Pistols... Dual WarHawk WR-H33 is a beast in closed combat enviroment.

:D

Edited by TacticalDragon

I will bring my experience here again! It will just take some more time since I'm starting over again. But I already hoping for it even because the game itself still is in early access, so is very likely thinks like that continues to happens even without mods.

Also... my previous strategy of world coverage early game didn't go far away but I still think it's viable. I just have to go slow with it and focus more in workshops and money production, but 4 bases at start still may be possible. But this time I will wait until I can produce something more profitable to spread bases every where (well... just three to start!).

Yeah... that's a shame the game is like that and probably will stay that way forever. It will hurt the mod community now and in the future. I even created a thread in the Bug Reports it, but I dont think the devs can do much about it anyway...

Xenonauts isn't only one,many other game have that issue.M&B: warband is one example. When big mod's come into play (overhauls and total conversions),due to mechanic changes or introduction of new futures,games in progress get constantly broken.

@Tactical Dragon

I won't be able to play game this week(and most likely week after this one and week .....),because of closing exams in june and i have to focus on that right now.But as soon as i get time and get far enough into game i will give my feedback.

Edited by Sentelin

By the way... I noticed that pistol gained an aimed shot while the sniper rifle still misses it. Is that intended?

YES! I forget to put it on the change log, with the addition of new pistols in the game we look to increase Light Pistols (Standard Colt, Laser Pistol, Plasma Pistol, etc) a grade of advantage on type of shoot selection.

This change makes light pistols versatile and appropriated to reaction shots during advancement or shot efficiency.

Thanks for remember me!!!!

Special Note: Good news! I'm finally finishing the UFO Hull breach integration, only that left is make some test to see that everything is all right and funtional. I'm uploading the version V3.6 UFO Hull Breach Extension to prepare a new topic post

NEW EXPANSION PACK! NO.13

Thanks Kabill our great master of maps and special effects we introduce a integration of additional content in the mod:

Expansion pack for XNT - Into Darkness V3.5A Expansion

PATCH EXPANSION FOR V3.5 XNT INTO DARKNESS

* This Patch of intended for players that already have a current running build of XNT Into Darkness Mod

ORIGINAL Destructible UFO Hull Breach FOR VANILLA

ORIGINAL KABILLS TOPIC - UFO HULL BREACH

I'll update this Expansion to the main topic.

THANKS KABILL

Note: Is recommend download the entire pack again in the main post, because we introduce some fixes about background and other images.

Edited by TacticalDragon

Weird...

TacticalDragon, the new build seems to be breaking the game. Xenonauts wont launch after installing it, even if I try to put back the old build over it. I have to redownload the files in Steam to make the game launch again.

Maybe it's because the new build is made for the v22.hf7 and I'm still using the reverted v22.hf8?

*UPDATE: using the expansion file for 3.5 seems to work. The full build 3.6 file doesn't.

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

Weird...

TacticalDragon, the new build seems to be breaking the game. Xenonauts wont launch after installing it, even if I try to put back the old build over it. I have to redownload the files in Steam to make the game launch again.

Maybe it's because the new build is made for the v22.hf7 and I'm still using the reverted v22.hf8?

*UPDATE: using the expansion file for 3.5 seems to work. The full build 3.6 file doesn't.

Actually I had fix it, is that silly starting animation.... The Full Pack is running right now because I remove the background folder from the Mod.

:(

UPDATE! IMAGES AND BALANCE HOTFIX NO.18

DOWNLOAD LINK HOTFIX 3 FOR V3.6 EXTENDED

HOTFIX 3 UPDATE

- Manufacture Value readjusted

- LMG Zephyr is readapted

- World economy is readjusted

- Soldiers initial STR stat had been reduced

- TechTree and Strings has been readjusted (Now is harder reach Lasers and Jackal Armors, but you have access to lot of Tier 1-/+ technology).

When I adjust and reach some balance in the mod I promise to leave the version stable and take more time to add more content to the game!

Thanks for your comprehension, constance and feedback!

TD, do you get mad sometimes and say "I will do a bunch of things all at once in the shortest time possible so those bastards will see who is the boss"?? I think you do! hahahahaha! All those stuff are awesome!

I will try to play as much I can and give you feedback to help you keep developing your mod. I only have some more days to play... maybe not even until this weekend, then I have an important job interview and after that... bye, bye, free time!

TD, do you get mad sometimes and say "I will do a bunch of things all at once in the shortest time possible so those bastards will see who is the boss"?? I think you do! hahahahaha! All those stuff are awesome!

I will try to play as much I can and give you feedback to help you keep developing your mod. I only have some more days to play... maybe not even until this weekend, then I have an important job interview and after that... bye, bye, free time!

Good luck with the interview ^^

Yes, sometimes I discover unbalancing things in the mod and want to change it at ones. Maybe this time I'll take a pool of changes, list it in the work agenda and release Hotfix and Versions with more space. I only want to leave the mod as playable as I can for the cool people community that support this mod.

I await good news when you come back, good luck again!

I dont know if it's related to the mod, but since the last build the game seens to be lagging sometimes. The load screens takes longer, also the alien turn phase. Sometimes the units even lag while in movement.

Maybe it have something to do with the new effects like smoke and fire from kabill mod? If it is... I still wil play that way. Better with it than without it.

I dont know if it's related to the mod, but since the last build the game seens to be lagging sometimes. The load screens takes longer, also the alien turn phase. Sometimes the units even lag while in movement.

Maybe it have something to do with the new effects like smoke and fire from kabill mod? If it is... I still wil play that way. Better with it than without it.

Yes it takes more RAM memory from the system, the last Update that put fix the probability of PowerCore explosion to 40% instead of 90%. Thats reduce the amount of fire and smoke for some missions. Did you manage to manufacture any advanced ballistics weapon?

Yes it takes more RAM memory from the system, the last Update that put fix the probability of PowerCore explosion to 40% instead of 90%. Thats reduce the amount of fire and smoke for some missions. Did you manage to manufacture any advanced ballistics weapon?

Not yet, I mean, just the Enforce. Producing tons of it and selling out. Good to have something already to work with! Is the Zephyr supposed to appear with the Enforce by the way? If so, something may be wrong and I will start a new game right away. In the current savegame I already had played very few missions with the 10mb expansion for 3.5 before the current 3.6 hotfix. Everything looks alright, though. I just had researched alien invasion, aliens pistols, rifles and the Foxtroop before the new build. Maybe sebillian and caesan class analysis too, not sure.

I just played a little. Already opening some books this night for the damn interview. I will be playing more this afternoon I hope.

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

Not yet, I mean, just the Enforce. Producing tons of it and selling out. Good to have something already to work with! Is the Zephyr supposed to appear with the Enforce by the way? If so, something may be wrong and I will start a new game right away. In the current savegame I already had played very few missions with the 10mb expansion for 3.5 before the current 3.6 hotfix. Everything looks alright, though. I just had researched alien invasion, aliens pistols, rifles and the Foxtroop before the new build. Maybe sebillian and caesan class analysis too, not sure.

I just played a little. Already opening some books this night for the damn interview. I will be playing more this afternoon I hope.

Thanks! Im glad you like it.

I work a bit on the research tree, to reach the powerful LMG Zephyr you need Advanced Heavy Pistols Research.

Explorer ;) you will find out!

Small tip: The order of Advanced Ballistics developement will be something different and alternative but

In order Easy to hard:

- SMG Enforcer (Alien Pistol)

- Heavy pistol (A explosive element of aliens?)

- LMG Zephyr (Alien Plasma Rifle and HP)

- SH Thunderbolt (Capture a Caesan Psyonic and Advanced Rifles)

- HM Korhang (Capturing a alien heavy weapon and Knowledge about Advanced Rifles)

Ah, good, good! Dont spoil everything to me! I just need to know that it is working all right!

I really have to admit that I'm excited to put my hands on that juicy new shotgun. I love shotguns in this game!

By the way, I like the way you mod appears to be evolving, in something like expanding the gameplay time. I like long and slow evolving gameplays over short and casual campaigns. Since you adding more content, it creates more fun time when you are not just playing with the same stuffs over and over again, but constantly searching for new stuff and imagining what come next. I'm still testing the new ballistic weapons you added and not even had yet played with the vanilla lasers! And as far I remember reading around here, somewhere in the future you pretend to work on new energy weapons aswell, right?

In that pace, I wonder where it will be in six months. The game may come out in 10 days, what probably will bring a lot of new players, so more people playing mods and consequently more feedback and incentive for guys like you, kabill and Skitso. Maybe in the future even the guys from Goldhawk like Chris starts to consider making more stuff for Xenonauts, like DLCs or expansion packs! I really think that Xenonauts is filled with potential!

Edited by Victor_Tadeu