[v14] Healing team-mate turns health bar dark grey, and health ->0?

OK same mission another example. Top dude got zapped to maybe 10 or 12 HP, bottom dude went and did maximum healing action (51AP cost), I saw the 'throw' animation.

No change in patients HP though.

Next round victim dribbled more blood from same wound, down to perhaps 2HP? Medic performed max AP heal again, victim HP bar immediately went to:

heal2.jpg

heal2.jpg

heal2.jpg.2e3dc613a2530ec2be4c5e4e219178

I didn't know there were multiple healing options, so I was using the basic to heal 5pts of a gal with a bleeding wound. Her health did not go up so I healed a couple more times. The next turn she had multiple bleeding wounds. I spent all my AP healing her and the next turn she had 11 bleeding wounds! I suspect the basic healing action increments the bleeding wounds count rather than decrementing it. Ooops.

Yup, looks like healing is broken, each healing I thinkk is actually a punch! See below;

1/. The delightful Kesinya is injured at 9 points

heal3.jpg

2/. Teammate to the rescue, performs maximum AP heal:

heal4.jpg

3/. But oh no, Kesinya has instead lost 3 points from the heal!!!! (I assume a punch's HP cost?

heal5.jpg

heal3.jpg

heal4.jpg

heal5.jpg

heal3.jpg.36a8fa283550f32414dd72a061f63b

heal4.jpg.198d6ed55cca6acbe033490803f9c6

heal5.jpg.96384d33bab00d7b292280e460e37b

I had the same problem.

One of my crouched soldiers took a bullet to the back from a badly positioned sniper, but she survived without bleeding.

Later in the mission a male soldier took a plasma round and started bleeding. The alien was dispatched shortly afterwards. I tried using the medkit on the bleeding soldier, but the only thing that changed was the healthbar turning grey and the bleeding didn't stop. He died a turn later.

I tried healing the female soldier who got shot earlier, but got the same result. The entire healthbar turned grey. She was still able to fully function though.

In the mission debrief there were was one KIA counted. But in the soldier detail page both shot soldiers were counted as KIA. In the chinook on geoscape both soldiers were listed as wounded with the female one having a revalidation of 17 days. Once at base both soldiers disappeared and I cannot find them in any of the menus. The wounded soldier is not in the medical center.

Killed by medkit. Bummer.

If you want to sort of half get around it, when a soldier is injured, wounded and with low HP, chuck a smoke grenade at them.

Thanks to their now low health, once they spend a couple of rounds in the smoke they'll probably get enough stun damage to get KO'd very quickly.

You're still a soldier down, but due to the game not subracting HP from stunned units as far as I can see (I wouldn't recommend shooting them though) it means your troops should survive rather than just die.

Edit: Better alternative comes later when you research the Stun Baton :)

Edited by Buzzles

I changed isMelee on the medkit weapons_gc.xml entry to "0" and I now see that the medikit doesn't do anything, positive or negative. Hmm. gnarly, could you try and see if you can use a medkit on an alien? Perhaps you'll be able to FALCON PUNCH! them!

LOLs; I'm clearly not of the console generation - i had to google that phrase to translate it....

Can we get this fixed in your next hot-fix Chris; I hate having my team-members bleed out!!! :(

Some interesting 'work-arounds'; full points for innovation lads! I particularly like the 'own-goal' team mate stunning option!