Could we have more exotic damage types?

As a nacent modder, I would like to make exotic weaponry that doesn't stand a fart in hell's chance of getting into the vanilla version. For example, being inspired by

, I would dearly like to make a power fist. Now, there's nothing in the existing dataset that doesn't mean that I couldn't make it already (I would have to find someone to make the spritesheets, but that's another story), however the existing damage type dataset is designed around a predesigned list of weapons and is therefore predisposed to producing those types of weapons. The amount of wiggle room in producing exotic weapons is therefore necessarily limited. Would it be possible to include more exotic damage types that would not necessarily see use in vanilla weapons, but would permit modders to produce a larger variety of exotic weaponry?

For example:

An AP damage type. This could represent weapons that rend and tear (such as the aforementioned power fist), crippling and damaging units.

A Bravery damage type. This could represent hallucinogenic gasses (such as a coeresion gas) and the scary factor of a flamethrower

An auto-bleeding damage type. This could represent weapons that are especially good at targetting vital spots

The additional damage types could be pretty simple to implement for modders to use later.

They don't need to be as complicated as adding a specific force, electrical, radiation type or whatever.

They just need to be damage type, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc for weapons with the corresponding resistance type for armour.

Then modders could make a set of tesla weapons that all use damage type 1, a power fist that uses type 2, a miniature dirty nuke that uses type 4 and so on.

They could also add armour that was well protected against their new weapons while making others weak to it.

It would be nice if there were lots of them available (99+?) so modders could use numbers that didn't overlap with other common mods.

Armour would probably need a default protection value against weapons that were not defined in its settings otherwise you would need to rewrite every piece of armour every time you added a new weapon type mod.