By Our Powers Combined! Combined Mod Packs

kabill

Hi folks, I installed the "Lore+ and Fire in the Hole!" mod, it worked fine, up until the point where I tried accessing the "other" category in the inventory, there the game crashed. I uninstalled it and reverted to an earlier save, pre-mod, and the inventory worked fine.

Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just a fluke I ran into? Or if you know any way to fix it, that would be swell.

Cheers.

@unacomm: that sounds like an issue with the breaching charge. Not sure what's causing it though. It might have something to do with you installing the mod part way through a game (I've assumed this due to the comment about reloading from an earlier save, but I might be wrong).

If that's the case, would you mind installing the mod and starting a new game from scratch to see if you get the same problem?

@unacomm: that sounds like an issue with the breaching charge. Not sure what's causing it though. It might have something to do with you installing the mod part way through a game (I've assumed this due to the comment about reloading from an earlier save, but I might be wrong).

If that's the case, would you mind installing the mod and starting a new game from scratch to see if you get the same problem?

I had the same issue with an existing save. Started a new game and the crash still persisted. Installing the updated version seems to have fixed it. Nice work.

Love the mod. Just doesn't feel like a real crashed aircraft without a little surrounding destruction and going in the side door they didn't know they had is a nice bonus.

Update: I have updated the Oppressive UI patch for 1.04 compatibility.

NOTE THAT I HAVE CHANGED HOW THE PATCH WORKS!

For whatever reason, I'm getting issues with Oppressive UI such that, if you don't install it in a very specific way, you get CTD when you load up the game. There's an easy fix for this: running cleanfolder.bat in the 'assets' folder. However, inevitably it's going to cause confusion and issues.

As such, I've changed the Oppressive UI patch download to contain only the file needed for compatibility. You will need to download FitH/ECS and Oppressive UI separately, install them, and then install the Oppressive UI patch in the OP to finish off.

Apologies for this, but I thought this was a better solution than uploading something which is going to screw with people's games, even if there's an apparently good fix for it.

I managed to fix the crash. Turns out it was because I installed the mod incorrectly. I was placing everything in the Mod folder of the game. Just copying the files over the originals works as intended.

Should have read that part more closely :)

Not certain. Doesn't look like it. The only clash I can think of is if the effect change for the Praetor's gun also involved changing something in weapons_gc. I've not got an unmodded copy of 1.05 at the moment; if someone could copy-paste the Praetor's particle beam weapon stats from that file here I could check.

Here you go:

<Weapon name="weapon.alienpraetorgun" bulletType="normal" emptySound="Empty Click 1" >	<props range="15" hands="1" recoil="0" weight="5" isHeavy="0" clipSize="999" isIntegrated="1" reloadAPCost="30" reloadSound="Weapon Assault Rifle Reload" reactionModifier="1" isAlien="1" infiniteAlienAmmo="1" />	<SingleShot sound="Weapon Particle Beam Single" delay="1" suppressionValue="60" suppressionRadius="3">	  <Set1 ap="51" accuracy="40" />	  <Set2 ap="70" accuracy="90" />	</SingleShot>	<GUIImage name="gui/weapons/PlasmaPistol.png"/>	<GroundImage name="grounditemimages/alien_pistol.png"/>	<Ammos>		<Ammo name="ammo.none" type="energy" damage="120" mitigation="60">			<Projectile spectre="projectiles/heavymag/heavymag" speed="1000"/>			<Impact spectre="particles/aleniumexplosion/aleniumexplosion"/>		</Ammo>	</Ammos></Weapon>

@kabill, as active modder, why aren't you using some type of source control?

my solition were mercurial. it allows me to diff two versions of same files, and correctly merge them/ make incremental backup of game content. and return to needed version at any time.

@kabill, as active modder, why aren't you using some type of source control?

my solition were mercurial. it allows me to diff two versions of same files, and correctly merge them/ make incremental backup of game content. and return to needed version at any time.

Largely it's something I've just not gotten round to looking at properly yet. Too busy modding!

Maybe. I'm away over the weekend so I won't be able to update anything unless I do it this evening. I'd been holding off, but based on what Chris said about the latest update I think it might be safe to put out some updates.

Need to check whether Oppressive UI is compatible with 1.06, though. If it is, I can put out a new patch easily, otherwise it will have to wait 'til he's done.

In other words, they'll either be an update in the next few hours, or there won't be anything 'til next week. Watch this space!

Update: I've updated the Oppressive UI patcher for v1.05. I *think* this will work fine with 1.06 too as I don't think gameconfig was updated with that patch. But I'm not 100% sure.

I'll wait until Max updates Lore+ before updating the combined FitH/Lore+ pack.

kabill just wondering will the interior/exterior open door patches work with the all 3 mod package as well? also just to clarify for me, do i need to download each of the original mods separately 1st then the 3 mod package over top of that, or just this 3 mod package?

Yes, the interior/exterior door patch can be applied over any version of FitH (or, indeed, the vanilla game) without compatibility issues.

In terms of the downloads, if you want to use FitH, Lore+ and Oppressive UI, you need to:

1) Download the combined FitH/Lore+ mod in the OP of this thread and install;

2) Download Skitso's Oppressive UI *from his thread* and install; and finally

3) Download and install the Oppressive UI patch in OP in this thread and install.

Hope that's clear!

k awesome thanks a lot that is very helpful indeed. I love all these mods by the way. my game just updated to 1.06 are these all updated to that version, im new to pc gaming and getting mods so i dont know if this is a silly question or not but do i need to start a new game after download or will my previously saved game still work after i download the mod?

Your previous save games should probably work, I think. However, you might miss some Lore+ content depending on how far along you are and if you've already researched plasma explosives then you won't be able to unlock the plasma breaching charge.

i have the 3 mod pack downloaded along with open doors exterior/interior, Skitsos Alternative Rank Insignia and Skitsos Sleek AI turn mod. They all work perfectly. I deleted all my saves before i downloaded them just because i wanted a fresh new play with the new mods. I played for quite awhile yesterday and they worked perfectly well, of course i didnt due too hot, had to save/load a couple missions stupid soldiers just dying on me, but anyway here is my question: i went to load my game today and it crashes as soon i load one of my saves. Game starts up fine and will let me start a new game but it will not let me load a save file do you have any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to fix the issue?