By Our Powers Combined! Combined Mod Packs

kabill

thanks kabill for the update cant wait for the update, all you guys on here do an excellent job of creating really impressive work for us to play with. dont know if this is a stupid question or not, but like i have stated previously im pretty new to pc gaming but when the game goes to steam workshop will all these mods automatically be on there as well?

Not automatically, no. Their authors will need to upload them I've every intention of doing this for my own mods, mind. But I've been informed that Steam Workshop can be a bit clunky in places so it wouldn't surprise me if some people prefer not to use it.

Thanks. Just re-downloaded. Really looking forward to trying this. Haven't before because I was always in the middle of a game, but now I'm starting a new one. Got Lore+, FITH, your random maps, Skitso's maps, and JSleezys portrait pack. Looking forward to a new experience! :cool:

This one looks great, the mods that caught my eye all rolled up into one! Thanks!!

A couple of questions, do these mods fit in with Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack? Is there a specific order I need to copy these mods?

It appears I should copy the Lore+ and FitH mod into the assets folder first, and then the Oppressive UI patch, correct? Does it matter if the Map Pack goes before or after this mod?

And lastly, is Jsleezy's Real Fighter Portraits and Real Armor mods compatable with this one? Or has there been enough gametime to figure that out?

Thanks!

Edited by Stiehle

Map packs are basically compatible with any other mods, since all they do is add/modify map assets. So that'd fine.

Not sure about Jsleezy's mods. I *think* those ones only add/modify image files so they should be fine. However, I'm not 100% sure. Your best bet is to download the mods you want and then check the files in each: if any mods contain the same file, then it will cause an issue.

(In terms of install order, install FitH/Lore+ first, then the Oppressive UI patch. The other mods/maps can be installed in any order, assuming they don't clash with anything).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I'm literally gonna have an aneurysm. I cannot for the life of me get this modpack working with skitso's oppresive UI, even with the patch. I'm trying to run Community Edition. This is what I'm doing off a clean install.

1. Put in Skitso's Alternate rank images and JSleezy's fighter portraits/armors aka cosmetic shit.

2. Extract the FiTH file and drag its assets folder over to my games assets folder and overwrite all the things.

3. Extract Skitso's Oppressive UI into my assets folder then apply the patch linked in the OP.

4. Start up the game, make my first base but when I go to equipment and try to say grab a medpack it won't even load the list. It'll pause then crash out immedietely, every single time.

I had this problem trying to combine these mods and others but I figured it was cause they were incompatible. Now I'm stuck, what do I do?

Hey I'm literally gonna have an aneurysm. I cannot for the life of me get this modpack working with skitso's oppresive UI, even with the patch. I'm trying to run Community Edition. This is what I'm doing off a clean install.

1. Put in Skitso's Alternate rank images and JSleezy's fighter portraits/armors aka cosmetic shit.

2. Extract the FiTH file and drag its assets folder over to my games assets folder and overwrite all the things.

3. Extract Skitso's Oppressive UI into my assets folder then apply the patch linked in the OP.

4. Start up the game, make my first base but when I go to equipment and try to say grab a medpack it won't even load the list. It'll pause then crash out immedietely, every single time.

I had this problem trying to combine these mods and others but I figured it was cause they were incompatible. Now I'm stuck, what do I do?

When you say "clean install" do you mean "manually deleted the entire Xenonauts directory and then re-installed". If not, it's probably something left over from previous mod installations as the Steam uninstall function won't remove certain mod files.

Also, not that the version of FitH you'd be using might not work with the recent XCE build. I was hoping to have a mod out today that would deal with this (and solve the compatibility issues too) but I've been thwarted by an issue with the new mod-loader.

When you say "clean install" do you mean "manually deleted the entire Xenonauts directory and then re-installed". If not, it's probably something left over from previous mod installations as the Steam uninstall function won't remove certain mod files.

Also, not that the version of FitH you'd be using might not work with the recent XCE build. I was hoping to have a mod out today that would deal with this (and solve the compatibility issues too) but I've been thwarted by an issue with the new mod-loader.

Oh no, when I say clean I mean I uninstall via steam then I GO BACK to the steam library and delete the xenonauts folder which has the leftovers. I made my mistake not doing this the first time when I just wanted to get oppressive UI by itself working.

edit: Can I ask you what exact steps would you do assuming clean install like I did to get these working. Maybe the order I'm pluggin in the mods and copying them over is an issue. FiTH pack before Oppressive UI and vice versa before putting in the patch. That sorta thing.

Just saw this.

Map packs are basically compatible with any other mods, since all they do is add/modify map assets. So that'd fine.

Not sure about Jsleezy's mods. I *think* those ones only add/modify image files so they should be fine. However, I'm not 100% sure. Your best bet is to download the mods you want and then check the files in each: if any mods contain the same file, then it will cause an issue.

(In terms of install order, install FitH/Lore+ first, then the Oppressive UI patch. The other mods/maps can be installed in any order, assuming they don't clash with anything).

Edited by MandozerTheGreat

llunak just indicated what the problem is - there's a new column added to the items.xml file for XCE 0.25 meaning the FitH items.xml file doesn't work.

Now I know that, though, I can finish building my update so hopefully I'll have it up in an hour or so.

Hmm, this might not be happening today. It's almost there, but I can't get the breaching charges to work in ground combat using the new mod loading function and I can't tell if this is because I'm doing it wrong or because it's not working properly. I'll finish it and get it uploaded as soon as I get some indication about what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: Yeah, won't be 'til 0.26 as the loader for weapons_gc isn't working/functional/

Edited by kabill