By Our Powers Combined! Combined Mod Packs

kabill

Fire in the Hole! already has the enhanced crash site features built into it, so Fire in the Hole is all you need.

EDIT: I've just realised as well that the Oppressive UI download in the OP is also compatible with ECS so I've updated it accordingly.

I made the suggestion of arranging a "Xenonauts+" mod pack. This would be an aggregation of all of the mods that don't alter the gameplay, but provide extra content. For example, more soldier names, extended soldier backgrounds, more automatically researched items for the Xenopedia (i.e., the Lore+ mod), more high-quality maps and tiles, and so forth.

I know I made a post about it with some suggestions on what to include, but I can't find the topic. Anyway, it's just another idea for you to consider.

I'd prefer if it was easy to install each mod separately rather than having one huge pack that people wouldn't agree on what it should and should not include anyway. For example I'm going to use Lore+ and Enhanced Crash Sites, but I don't want Oppresive UI and I'm unsure on Fire in the Hole.

I think, ideally, all the mods for the game would be modular and able to integrate with one another. It's definitely a good long-term plan anyway, as the more mods there are the more compatibility issues there's going to be.

Short term, however, doing some mod packs seems a reasonable solution. I also think it's a good idea to have some single-download mods that combine various bits and pieces. A community based Xenonauts+ mod actually to me sounds like a good plan as an easy go-to for people who want some extra fluff but don't want to sift through various mods to work out the things they want. It would also be a good platform to include unofficial patches (there's not a lot to do, but there's some small map issues like being able to land on cargo containers which are really easy fixes and could be bundled in).

I installed both of these:

Lore+ and Fire in the Hole!

Combines:

- Lore+ (Max_Caine, a333 and Henry Ponciano)

- Fire in the Hole! (Kabill and Skitso)

and

Skitso's Oppressive UI (Compatible with Fire in the Hole! and also Enhanced Crash Sites)

Combines:

- Fire in the Hole! (Kabill and Skitso)

- Skitso's Oppressive UI (Skitso)

in that order, seems to work no problem for now.

Think I also will add the flying circus on top of that, you tink that will cause issue?

The two mods you already installed should work together (indeed, that was the point!). If that wasn't clear, I should probably go back and rewrite the OP description.

Flying Circus will run fine with these, as it modifies completely different files. I've got it installed on my version without any trouble.

You'll need to re-copy the Xenopedia file. It will undo a few vanilla typo corrections, but it's not a big deal. Everything else seems to be fine.

EDIT: @Razunter: if it's easy to use, I'll look into it in the future when the game is stable.

Did you test this with Xeno? Work fine? O:

Why wouldn't it? It's simple folder replacement\backup.

EDIT: @Razunter: if it's easy to use, I'll look into it in the future when the game is stable.

It's easy to use, but it doesn't help in situation when game update changed modded files (app will restore original files, but not patched ones). It's great for enabling\disabling mods and it shows conflicts ("file in mod a will be overwritten by mod b").

QUICK NOTICE: The Oppressive UI patch is incompatible with v1.03+. I'm going to update it, but I want to wait 'til final final release now as it's more hassle than it's worth continually updating the game. Should only be a week, in theory.

Yeah, sorry. Oppressive UI will work fine by itself - it's specifically the version available here that's problematic.

I just realized v1.3 has broken all my other mods, too, since they all use gameconfig. Bugger.

EDIT: D'oh. Which also means that the Fire in the Hole/Lore + mod is broken too, of course.

Thanks for combining these great mods. There is a real problem with modding where you basically can't have more than one mod active that uses the game configuration files. Did GH say they were going to implement modding after release? Xenonauts is an awesome game, in vanilla, but modding really adds something fresh. Modding is, undoubtedly, the single most important thing which increases the longevity of a game.