Capture alien

I tried several times to capture aliens alive and it worked but in the log it say all aliens were killed.

Shouldn't it say for example 3/5 killed and 2/5 captured alive?

Afterwards i can examine/research on them so they were captured but the message after the mission does not tell it.

Noticed it several times.

Edited by MysticFist
Typo

In the other hand, unconscious aliens don't count at soldiers stats ('x missions ... y kills'; nothing about capture). I think that the guy that manage to capture an alien alive, acomplishing main objectives, should receive a distinction; it's harder then just kill them.

There is a medal for capturing an alien I think.

It makes a difference just to complete a few game objectives, other than that I haven't seen any use in it. Which is a pity as you only have to stun/capture a total of like three-four units in the entire course of the campaign and this feature is pretty much underused.

Okay, but it still is a pretty limited role with little incentive or even point to go at length to stun enemies rather than safely dispose of them with your regular weapons. Stun also has an ever-decreasing role as the game progresses as you will only encounter this many new species.

While those weapons definitely play a key role in the game as you must use them to get to the final mission, they could have been much better utilized (and thus deliver refreshing ground combat objectives/gameplay variety) if there was a significant difference between "alien corpse" and "living alien" in the post-mission screen. Not necessarily earning additional funds, something more creative perhaps.