[V21 Stable] Ground Combat Game hangs

Hello,

I am getting a consistent hang in the game when doing ground combat. It seems to happen about 3-4 moves into a specific ground combat and happens every time I load the Autosave.

I am running Windows 7 on a four core 64 bit system with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 and 16 GB of RAM.

I have the Autosave available if anyone needs to use it for debugging purposes.

Thanks

-- redmage

Is the Reaper a two-legged equivalent of a UFO enemy unknown Chryssalid? If so, than that's exactly what happened to me. I see the enemy, it moves for one turn and then everything hangs. I suspect we're running into the same bug.

-- redmage

Is the Reaper a two-legged equivalent of a UFO enemy unknown Chryssalid? If so, than that's exactly what happened to me. I see the enemy, it moves for one turn and then everything hangs. I suspect we're running into the same bug.

-- redmage

Yes. It happened again too. It's hanging when the reaper tries to transform a civilian soldier. Not sure if it does it with all transformations, but it's happened both times it tried on my game.

If you guys have a save game that would be really useful - you can upload it to any kind of hosting service and link it here if you can't get the attachments working (I'll look into why it's not working on Monday).

EDIT - actually, I've updated the forum attachments now so you can upload .sav files.

If you guys have a save game that would be really useful - you can upload it to any kind of hosting service and link it here if you can't get the attachments working (I'll look into why it's not working on Monday).

EDIT - actually, I've updated the forum attachments now so you can upload .sav files.

I've uploaded a save file...

-- redmage

Autosave3.sav

Autosave3.sav

Autosave3.sav

I am not sure if I have the same issue, but I am getting freezes during hidden movement.

I have restarted the mission a few times (loaded a geosphere save with the drop-ship on its way) and it either freezes after hitting the turn button the first time or on one of the subsequent turns. So far have not managed to get further then 3 turns in.

The only difference between this mission is that it is the first in which I have used the shrike (is modded, 16 crew) - is it normal that soldiers can walk through the side walls of the shrike?

Edit: reduced the troop number back down to 12. This solved the walking thorugh the side walls but the game still froze on the third alien turn.

Edited by cb6dba

I'm experiencing this as well, sighted a reaper, next turn it approaches a civ and then stops one square away and hangs.

*edit* this happens whether or not i've sighted the reaper in question, if not sighted the "Hidden Movement" image never disappears.

Edited by happyearmuffs
additional information