Alien Officers

You can tell the officers apart from what they're wearing. I am almost 100% sure that light scouts, scouts and corvettes don't have any officers on board, though that might change later in the game.

Someone else had a thread where they had all the various uniforms of the aliens with some nice graphics as well, but I can't quite find it at this time.

You can always take on an alien base. Go to the command room - there's an officer in there. He's the odd looking one, the rest are guards or somesuch.

I would assume the command room in landing ships also have officers. I'm not sure if smaller ships (eg corvettes) do. I'm sure it's in the asset files somewhere, who spawns where.

Question for Chris: if you have an officer spawn on, say, a crashed landing craft ship but then a certain % of the force dies, does that mean the officer might also die randomly from the crash?

Question for Chris: if you have an officer spawn on, say, a crashed landing craft ship but then a certain % of the force dies, does that mean the officer might also die randomly from the crash?

Yeah, you might find them dead when you get to the command room. I even got one severly damaged cruiser where I won after finishing off all aliens outside, none inside were alive after crash.