a better way to recruit

the Xenonauts are to be the best in the world yet as the commander we have no choice in who is sent to us i would like a way to be able to pick out who i want from a roster before hiring them.

if i ran a mission and lost my scout and the replacement i got has a low AP i have to fire and rehire until i get one who fits what im looking for.

all that would be needed is the stats and a list of 5-10 random people. it shouldnt add more than about three to six lines of code and one very basic GUI to see the diffrent soilders and stats along with a way to choose who you want.

I believe Chris has mentioned that we will be able to see the stats of soldiers before we hire them.

This was in a post from the previous forums I think.

I don't know if that feature made it onto the definite list or if it is still sitting on the "if time allows" list.

Hopefully we will see when the new barracks screen is done as this would be a very useful feature.

UFO: EU, TFTD had infinite manpower to hire. Apoc had a list of up to 20 soldiers available for hire where you could select any one of them and see his specs. This list updated each day and this scheme worked fine with the small local scale conflict that Apoc was centred on.

Xenonauts currently follow the infinite recruits scheme. Having a simple increase/decrease way of hiring manpower greatly limits ability to see the specs.

There are some suggestions for this issue (if devs don`t mind):

1. a list of up to 50 soldiers that renews over time (say 1-2 weeks). The screen can show up to 10 soldiers for simplicity with prev/next buttons to show remaining recruits. Each week or two some soldiers from the list are replaced, some added and some just removed.

2. a list of 10-20 soldiers that randomly generates each time you visit the hire screen. You can select and hire specific people and if you are unsatisfied - you can reopen the screen again. This may be irritating, but that`s actually the way to limit player in his search for uber-soldiers.

3. an additional screen to the current personnel window that generates the exact number of soldiers you have specified (i.e. you`ve increased to 6 soldiers - the screen shows you those 6 men) in a window where we currently have a list of your personnel. You can select specific soldiers and remove them from the list. Those removed will be instantly replaced by randomly generated ones.

Edited by Okim