Operation Endgame

Gopa5

First of all, is this mission even complete-able? Second of all, any suggestions? I have two soldiers in Preator armor, 8 in the flying version, and the hover tank equipped with the plasma gun. All troops equipped with plasma weaponry, riot shields, fusion grenades, and elctro-shock grenades.

Hey Chris, I just completed the first room in the straight hallway and killed the lonesome Praetor. However upon opening the next door this happens:

I end up blowing up the chair thinking that maybe the weird teleporting above was being controlled by that. Am I doing something wrong there?

Have you destroyed the power cores? The final mission briefing is below, it was only added relatively recently so you may have missed it.

The objective of this operation is simple - kill the alien High Praetor. The fate of the entire human race rests on the death of this one alien. The captured Praetor has provided access codes for the uppermost level of the Dreadnought. It will not be long until the aliens realise what is happening: the dropship will unload your men in the landing bay and pull back immediately. It may not be able to disengage before the Dreadnought's defences are brought online, but the pilots will give their lives if necessary.

The High Praetor will be directly ahead of your men when they land. Your men must overcome all alien resistance and slay their commander. There can be no delay - the Reapers from the lower decks will begin clambering through the access tubes towards the bridge as soon as the Praetors call them. They will take some time to arrive, but there will be too many to fight. You must kill the High Praetor and escape before you are overwhelmed.

A final twist: the landing pods only activate when the Dreadnought is in danger. A power core is situated on either side of the landing bay; destroying both should be enough to bring the escape pods online. Destroying them will take valuable time that may ultimately cost us the mission, but you will not have time to double back for them if you march on the palace. You must decide whether it is worth risking the survival of our entire planet to save those who have fought so hard to protect it.

If you've not destroyed the power cores, the door will not let you walk through it - but it also should not be openable / destructible. If you have blown up the power cores, it should work fine and it is incorrectly barring your path. So something is broken, I'm just not sure which.

Could you write up a bug report one way or the other please, including that video?

Hey Chris I went ahead and posted that bug report, I was able to pull the tank out of the ether zone however it was invisible and after blowing up the generators I was able to transport my troops out. However they were listed as MIA and I received the world is F'ed game over screen.

Josip, it was pretty neat, however the tank is way OP atm...I only lost one soldier because of the beautiful beautiful beautiful tank.

@Chris

i Play the newest Stable Version.

- I killed all Alliens in the Base + this Preator

- Destroyd the Power cores

But after i go into the next "room" my Soldiers and Tank get Teleported to nowhere (i thought: ok they Escaped). After the last was Teleported i press End Turn and the game Ends with GAME OVER?!?

Is the Final Mission not Complete?!? How can i lost the Final Mission when i reached all Goals and leave the Ship alive?

greets

VN

Edited by VaeliusNoctu

I see a two Screens 1. The Normal Lost Screen you get after loosing the Complete Squad and 2. A Game Over Screen with a Text: "Humanity is lost...and so one.

But i did it? Cool...But you should realy polish the Level a Bit. For the Moment it is not Epic like a Final Level must.^^

Btw i love your MEG Canons i have them in the Final Mission with the Sentinel Armor so nice. How i can get them the fastest way?

Edited by VaeliusNoctu

Oh yeah, the final mission is due for much more attention, and additional art. Did you find the level itself fun to play (ignoring presentation)?

I presume you mean MAG cannons? They are unlocked when you have researched the alien battle rifle (and all previous alien weapons). Battle rifles are only carried by a few of the more elite aliens starting with the Carrier UFO, so you just need to look out for them and try to shoot them down as soon as possible. There is a bit of an issue currently where alien battle rifles are a bit rare, so we will probably be adding an elite variant of the alien shotgun that other aliens at that tier use and which can also unlock MAG weapons.

I was an Old Video Game Player if i ignore Presentation the Level have one more Problem.

It was to small for a Final Battle. I mean i hate Final Maps that was booring great and do only Need time and Frustration to win.

What i do was add more Stages and Interesting Rooms let me feel a Horror: Damn shit what have this Aliens do?

OFFTOPIC:

Your Maps was realy nice in the Game. Especially in cities, there should be more buildings you must explore in order to find the aliens. Large office building with several floors, supermarkets, underground tunnels, etc...

And the Terror Missions was not good in my sight. I Land and near all Aliens was at the Landing Point and after i killed them only one or two was left in the Map. In Terror Missions the Aliens should spreaded far over the Map Killing all in sight. So the Terror Maps must be larger like in old UFO. I must Fear me in Terror Maps so there must some more of the Reapers. In Old Ufo i like it to wait after it was Night in real live and make Terror Missions after night ingame.^^

Edited by VaeliusNoctu

• 2 weeks later...

I have repeated this 3 times now.

Each time I exit with all my units through the door behind the lone preator, I get a mission debriefing.

Each time 8 aliens escape, I thought I had killed all of them, and then the mission starts over again.

Where are those 8 aliens that supposedly escape?

And how many times do I have to repeat this to complete the mission?

The mission starts over again? It shouldn't be doing that at all. I think we need to test the final mission a bit more intensively when we're back in the office...

The mission not only starts over, but any ammo I spent in the previous cycle will not be replaced.

So for each time it repeats, I will have less ammo at my disposal.

And what about those 8 aliens that the mission debriefing tells me escape.

I killed all aliens in the rooms with the generators, and I killed all aliens in the rooms before I got to the lone preator, so where are those 8 escaped aliens?

• 3 weeks later...

I too just finished the "final mission" - found it much easier than most alien base missions. Took around 12 turns, and took out both power generators with 4 soldiers going into each one, and the other 8 (Valkyrie) heading into the palace. Killed final Praetor in a single shot from a MAG sniper (how anti-climactic!) and then figured I had to walk everyone through the opening at then end of the palace (no door was there). Never saw any reapers.

A bit let down after finishing the mission, then get normal debriefing screen, then back at Geoscape as if nothing happened, and the game all continued on as normal. Operation Endgame link was still there, I still got to research more stuff, and UFO's still kept coming.

I understand it's a work in progress, just sharing my experience and observations :)

EDIT: I played v19 Stable Hotfix

Edited by [zero] Remorse
Didn't mention the version - oops

I don't know how many turns it takes before the Reapers start appearing, but when they do, they start spawning back at your entry point. Four Reapers spawn every turn, and immediately head into the two power generator rooms. If you've already advanced past that point, you won't see them. I think the idea was that if you don't blow the generators on your way through, you won't be able to do so after the Praetor is dead, because they will be swarming with Reapers.

As an aside, I do like how the game emphasizes the sheer terror of the Reapers. EU1994 didn't really do this with the Chryssalids. Anyone who played the original will attest that they were, by far, the most dangerous and panic-inducing enemy in the game... but it always felt to me like that was the result of poor balancing by the designers. With Xenonauts, there's no question - they embraced the horror that was the Chryssalids, and ran with it.

Ah that makes good sense vaultdweller.

I did like the original for chrysalids in that they had massive TU's, so could walk a long way (from outside of visible area) and then convert a soldier - which was pretty significant. In Xenonauts, they're not so bad, as they can't walk in from a long way off and convert - they just seem to walk in and stop and then wait to be killed by my soldiers the next turn - not hard, so long as soldiers stay in teams, and preferably have a sniper nearby :)

• 4 months later...

awsome game felt so much like x-com yet so different loved every min of playing it just "completed" operation endgame and it was far to easy and far to quick to complete.

completed in "" because it bugged not letting me through end door however when quitting the game it gave victory message strange

the reapers posed no threat and was stupidly easy to deal with i had 2 snipers, 2 heavy, 2 shields, and rest were rifleman man (4 of them were trained) i packed out my squad with fresh recruits that hadn't had a single mission everyone was using plasma weapons with sentinel armour using the valkyrie drop ship

splitting my squad in two and leaving 8 of the rifleman just passed the first junction was able to line the 8 rifleman up (2 trained for accuracy and double shooting if things went bad)using half the rest to go left and right to take reactors easy then regrouped the 2 squads in the reactor room and pushed up the middle to complete the door opening and closing is easy way (even an exploit) to take pot shots and kill everything without taking damage.

the 8 guys lined up allowed for 2 aimed shots (one from each) leaving each person with a snap shot if needed (but never was) they easy stopped the reapers before they could even move so that became so easy and a shooting gallery (ended mission with over 110 kills lol)

i explain this because this is my suggestion how to make the reapers more of a threat after 3(or x-number of turns) after they start spawning increase the number of reapers by 1 or 2 this will completely stop the reserve force from holding them back and will over whelm them in a couple of turns.

also this mission is so very small the large alien base is 4 times bigger at least, I was expecting at least three levels (like the UFOs) or more and fighting from what looked like a hanger bay all the way up to a command deck

anyway game looks completely amazing and cant wait for the final version

How is anyone supposed to be able to complete this mission in the latest build?

There are 3 mind controlling aliens one of which has the ability to inspire dread which automatically cuts your TU's by 25 percent automatically. Is there something I'm missing? How do I get an effective defense going for psionics?

Ah, yeah. The psionic strength of aliens needs to be balanced. GJ turned it right up to 600 across the board when we were testing the psionics and we never put it back down again.

I'll fix that for the hotfix so the alien psionic powers don't just automatically succeed.