[V19.c2] 7 hours ++ to refuel a plane

A fighter get 20 to 30 minutes to rearm+refuel once landed.

That s a fact.

And real fighter carry much more weapons than the xenonauts planes.

Now if dev need people to do some research and feed them with info i suppose the community would be pleased to help, at least i would for free, just to see this game going somewhere so "TFTD2" can be done.

Just create a section called request for informations.

Well, this game isn't meant to favor realism over gameplay.

All I can really say about the refueling time is get over it. Sorry mate. :(

I agree it's unrealistic, but it's necessary for the sake of the gameplay.

However, concerning the lack of armament, that can be explained.

A few of us (myself, Ishantil, EchoFourDelta, Elydo, and more) are working on smoothing out the realism issues with the Xenopedia by suggesting revisions and additions to a few key articles. If you would like to see our work, head on over to the General Discussion board.

However, I have to mention, we're not advocating anything that would change the gameplay itself (like shorter refueling times). Only the background lore and the descriptions for certain things are up for alteration, and even then Chris still has executive veto power.

Well if it isn t mean to a minimum of realism why the freaking timeframe constraint ?

Why the bland weapon choice ?

Why the reference to existing military stuff ?

Necessary ? This is bad game design excuse, sorry.

Lore won t change those bad design issues, eventual buyers will see trough the bad attempt of marketing and it will still feel shoddy, if not worse because a part of the consumers will see their intelligence insulted by weak arguments.

There s something that count a lot in gaming those days:

its called immersion.

Next game, if any, will be looked with contempt, same for company name and team involved.

This is relatively easy to fix.

It is simply related to UFO permanence on a zone reachable to the airforce avaliable, airforce loitering capability and qtt of UFO appearance.

Balance those 3 items to fix the problem.

Edited by Mordobb

So... The game sucks because the planes take a while to refuel, and this will ruin Goldhawk and any other games they make?

Chill out, dude. If you've got a suggestion, then make it without insulting the game and it's developers.

There's a suggestion board waiting for you, should you decide to use it.

The lack of minimal realism is actually just sad :( I was also wondering why it's impossible to send a half-refueled aircraft.

Just think does the refueling *that* important part of gameplay? In my opinion the same effect could be achieved with repairing instead of refueling: remove refueling (better do it realistic like 30 minutes for example or 1 hour in the end), make engagements impossible to win without at least small damages and you're done.

Attention to details matters.

It is possible to send a half-refuelled aircraft into the air.

Attention to detail matters, but it matters less than game balance. The refuelling time is used to stop the same squadron of interceptors from shooting down all the UFOs in an attack wave. The alternative is to make UFOs stick around for a shorter time, but that doesn't work because the distance traveled to intercept a UFO can often be a long way. That can be fixed by having faster aircraft, of course, but I'm sure Mordobb would also consider that a bug.

@Mordobb, stop being so rude please. There's no need to go into every thread you post in and tell us that we're bad game designers and the game is going to fail if we don't do exactly what you say. I somehow doubt that we'll lose 10% from our review score because the planes take an unrealistically long time to refuel.

I'm going to lock this thread. This is not a bug, this is a gameplay suggestion. If you want to debate it, do so on the proper parts of the forums please.