Tech hacking and dll request.

Yeah, skills would have been nice such as bypassing closed electronic locks, remote controlling drones and hacking into alien systems. But the training system is going.

It could always be an item I suppose, and you could assign mind control to it. But the trick would be to ensure that it only worked against electronic targets.

I do worry that it veers pretty close to the aliens combat edge of mind control though.

Hey now. You know better than to ask for something that the Xenonauts would be interested in and smart to develop. That sort of thing makes it unfair for the aliens. It's too difficult to balance! You know darn well the only way humanity can fight the alien threat is two missiles and one aimed shot from sabotaged rifles at a time.

Pfffft. Electronic warfare, tanks that work, aircraft that make sense, training your troops, air support... Good lord, what kind of organization would want anything like that.

Edited by EchoFourDelta

If the aliens are going to go through logical contortions in order to generate a smooth invasion that allows the humans just enough time to unlock their secrets and defeat them, I think it's only fair that the Xenonauts return the favour!

I don't see us adding a hacking ability and I don't think we'll release the source of the game either, but a lot of the stuff will be moddable using only text editors (and possibly LUA scripts). The AI is one of them; the stats of everything in the game is already accessible and easily modifiable.

Hey man, I'm just saying.

The "aliens taking some time" makes sense, both with your own in-story justification and in a realistic perspective; you need recon - both ground and aerial - on an area before you make a big push in. The complete and total lack of other stuff that Larry, Curly, and Moe would be looking into is what's jarring.