v18 constant freezing

hi there.

i wanted to report on constant application frezing - i´m using the recent steam version since its been unlocked (the desura updater kept bluescreening my system)

dont know whats wrong though - doesnt matter if in battlescape or in geoscape - it just stops working - there is no error message displayed - i have to use the task manager to kill the game.

i already looked for some kind of log in the game dir - but to no avail.

i hope you can fix the issue cause i cant wait to be able to play it for real instead of stumbling over one bug after another...

i stumbled over an similar error to this one - allthough not in xenonauts - the game in question was be neverwinter online. i fixed it by turnung off "anisyntropische filterung" (german word - having trouble remembering the english phrased right now").

dont know if its related - or if its just my hardware giving me a hard time though.

I´m using win7 x64

an AMD 8320 CPU

asrock 970 extreme 4 mainbord

and an ASUS Geforce 280 OC

8 GB DDR RAM (3 ? must be getting old...)

hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

The saved game is no longer on dropbox. One thing to add to a lockup/crash report that is not an instant CTD (as in the game disappears and you see your desktop), is what happens to the cursor? If it suddenly becomes your OS cursor, then it means either an Appcrash or BEX error (99.9% of the time). If it remains a game cursor, then the game is truly frozen. Sometimes the game will appear to still be loaded, but really it has crashed and the OS has not performed a screen re-write.