[V8.5 Geoscape] Storage Capacity

Again, not sure if this a bug or if I'm just missing where it is. In the base view I could not find how much storage I'm using so I don't know if/when I'll be running out and needing to sell stuff or build another storage unit (or if storage is even being tracked presently).

Yeah that was what I was thinking too but page 7 of the manual goes through the logic in having unlimited stores space throughout.

The more I think about it the more I like not having moments like the one the first time I played XCOM when I couldn't buy enough missiles to rearm my fighters because my stores were full of crap I hadn't sold; struck me as odd for an organisation in the middle of saving the world...

Pretty much had to in Apoc. For the ships.

Not sure why I make Factory bases in EU and TFTD (research was always at the main base). Just used to it I suppose. Being able to build 12 Displacer/Sonics in a couple days is pretty fun though. Pointless, but fun.

Mostly its for spam-building Avengers/Firestorms. Properly set up and you can churn out 1 or 2 a week.

I still built heaps. Always fun to take out battleships/dreadnoughts. Needed a repair base though, and spare Avengers, etc etc.

Wait...you built Explorers?! (the red ones with bubble domes). I skipped those. It was either Bio-Trans or Retaliators.

Edited by Sathra

I think it was Avengers and Retaliators. The Avengers had heavy and medium beam weapons, and the Retaliators had statis missiles and medium beams. I went for the big guys first, hid in a corner until my shields recharged, then go out for more. Repeat until nothing was left. I never built Biotrans because they were never needed. I would just place a bio-module on a ship if I was hoping to bring back specimens.

Avengers?

Do you mean Annihilators? Big blocky red one, UFOpedia image has hundreds of missiles sticking out of it.

Wait, must have been the Annihilator, its the only one that can carry Heavy Disruptors.

Biotrans aren't that bad really, not hard to build, and they can carry a massive amount of shielding.

You're right, Annihilators. It's been awhile. They carry lots of shields as well. I accidentally found out in one game that I could run to an edge or corner in the alien dimension, allow my shields to regenerate, then raid at my leisure. The UFOs will follow their patrol pattern unless you get too close. Before long, the whole alien dimension is cleared out stopping raids on the city. Send some ships back every once in a while since they will try to slowly rebuild. :)