Didn't find thread for funny screenshots

The shields won't break save game compatibility. I wasn't very clear, sorry. Saved games aren't compatible between game versions, so by installing the v19 Experimental, your v18 Stable game saves would become useless.

Although, apparently someone experienced a combat shield related crash. Apparently, dropping a shield and going to the inventory screen in a ground combat will crash your game, so I guess you are correct, the shields are still bugged. :P

Making alien weapons useable is really wierd. You have to manufacture one (using a project that uses a plasma pistol to make one) before you can equip any of them (I had 8 from missions, manufacture project resulting in 8 available). Same with the ammo (though if you don't, they are always loaded with full clip).

Oh, the AK-47 is easy to add. Just set it to unlimited in items.xml, and copy and paste the AK-47 picture from weapons/ballistic/soviet into gui/weapons and gui/weapons/small (rename it to AK47 from AK47_colour).

It already uses the same ammo item as the M16, and everything else is already working for it.

I'm turning it into a carbine for the next version of my mod, just because.

carbine?like a shottie?

Wouldn't be better if you actually modified it's bullets to be a little bit more damaging but a little bit more inaccurate ?So it has a motive to being used aside from the m16?

Also sorry if i seem a little slow...but i want to be sure I do everything right...I need to delete the weapons/airplane/rocket and add the weapons/ballistic/soviet into the image category right?

Edited by MisterLock

Like the laser carbine. High fire rate, but less accurate compared to the rifle. It does less damage too (balance), so its a more flexible short-ranged weapon, while the shotgun is good for quick kills due to high damage. Shotgun is obsoleted slower too, since its still effective against higher level enemies.

Also lets players use something like a carbine before getting laser weaponry. Should be pretty effective at suppression too.

Oh, the image used in items.xml isn't used anywhere that I can tell. All you need to do to add it into the game is what I said (moving and renaming some pictures). Then you can adjust its stats to your liking in weapon_gc.xml.

In truth, the picture moving is simply so there's a picture for it in the command bar during ground combat. Everything else is already in place.

Nope. Just the list that came up while upgrading to Plasma. Had to build each one (except Sidewinders and Avalanches of course). Side effect of the mod. List can actually get even larger, when Fusion missiles are unlocked.

Just the backlog. They were the best at the time they were made, but had to be replaced as they weren't cutting it. I still keep them around in case I have to supply a new base (new missiles are kind of expensive in Alenium and manufacture time).

Hmm, I think the mod may make the game too easy.

Corsairs.png

I've only seen 1 Landing Ship at this point in the game, and I now have to build a new base before I can make any more Corsairs.

CruxSolaris.png

Also a medal I haven't seen before, after I took out the base the Landing Ship dropped (about 3 weeks after the base was created, took me a while to notice). Most kills of any trooper, and he's one of the original 10. I've only lost a couple people so far.