Is an Andron stunable?

Just tried to stun an Andron officer with 5 electroshock grenades to his face and 2 strikes with the stun baton. I think I only heard him laughing while he was asking for more...

EDIT: Terribly sorry but I confused Androns with Wraiths. The mission debrief showed only a Wraith officer when in fact I killed an Andron officer judging by his red paint job. Though I was a bit suspicious since the name Andron would have been a much better fit. As it turned out that was the case all along.

EDIT2: Still somewhat shaky on the subject. Can someone show a picture of an Andron officer?

EDIT3: According to Sathra it was in fact an Andron I encountered. It has yet to be established if Androns are in fact subdueable though.

EDIT4: Based on Calantyr's experience it is safe to assume that Androns are presently not subdueable.

Edited by Munchma Quchi
Confused Wraith with Andron

Couldn't stun the wraith officer with 4-6 electro nades just now. I tried softening him up before throwing them, 2 plasma shots and 1 laser shot, followed by the nades. Not sure if it matters but I'm pretty sure he was pretty close to death as the next hit from anything would kill him. Here's the vid of my final attempt, did about 3-4 more tries prior.

http://www.twitch.tv/thecockmasterxxx/b/414995140?t=163m0s

Yeah, that's an Andron Officer in the video. I'm not sure they can be stunned at all.

Can't shoot because its armed with a Heavy Plasma, and they can only burst fire (for 40AP). So it couldn't fire due to being suppressed and losing half its AP.

Wraith are always blue and have funny-looking legs. Also huge heads.

They also drain life-force through their hands and travel in multi-kilometre hiveships. Or is that a different Wraith...

I think it took me two electro grenades and one gas stun grenade to get the wraith research. It's fairly amusing to read. I might have also shot it once or twice, I don't remember exactly so I didn't elaborate.

I must apologize but I got the Wraith and the Andron confused. For further details see my first post. I edited it accordingly.

Oh oops. My bad. I just assumed that that was the officer since he was in the top level of the ship. I think I only saw 1 red colored Andron too.

Thanks everyone.

Au contraire you were right. Sathra's authority on matters of the game has me utterly convinced that it was an Andron both you and me had to deal with. In addition that thing in your video has a truly remarkable resemblance to the alien in my encounter. :)

Yeah no need to go over the top about it and actually waste a perfectly good live specimen that you can get plenty more gurgling noises out of back at the lab.

Incidentally I have changed the name of the thread to reflect the fact that the alien under discussion is an Andron.

That is a interesting new approach to the field of xenobiology. Need to determine species? Shoot it and listen to its death gurgle.

"After the first aliens came, I learned. I learned to hate. I learned to think. I learned to fight back. I've travelled galaxies and fought in countless wars. I can identify the death rattle of ten thousand species across a million worlds. You can call me Pancakes."

Androns (or at least guards form my current experience) are stunable; however, after stunning a couple of them it turns out they are not something you can take alive... I got lucky where the first corvette landed next to my base. So I wanted to take as much captive as possible; but even after many attempts and many stun grenades + baton smacks I could take one down.

However, no captives, nor interrogations since androns are robots. Is this intended?

If you threaten to chop off a robot's finger, think he would care? I don't quite get the point on taking a robot "alive"for interrogation. Shoot the thing, bring back the gear and wires, and that's enough to figure how it works :)

70's technology wouldn't be able to tap into it's programming in time for it to be of any use, anyways. Better figure out how to give the troops some night vision goggles, just saying :cool:

Just an FYI, they definitely aren't stunnable. That comes from the "Abilities: Robotic" tag that they have, which they share with Drones and (probably) human tanks. None of which can be stunned no matter how many grenades you pelt them with.

However, and I think this is a bug, you CAN suppress them. Totally goes against the lore though.

Well I shot an andron twice with a laser rifle, then wacked it a few times with the stun batton. After many reloads and tests I found it was a pretty variable chance that the stun would "kill" the andron. Sometimes it would happen in 2 wacks, other times it would be more than 8.

Just the boys doing some "field studies". =D

That's because batons also cause EMP damage. So it must be working.

Also, they aren't designed to be stunnable (they don't even have an analysis tech). They can be suppressed now since they have the same stats as everything else of their rank.