Constantly Doing Base Defence and Terror Missions

Hi everyone I am currently past year one in the game and for the last 2 or 3 months in game I have had a constant series of terror missions and base defences and they happen so close together I need to take whatever troops I have healed and those who are the least wounded can any one help me with this because I have not had a long enough break to have every one healed or assault a UFO. Any suggestion because at this point it is becoming boring in a game I am really enjoying.

This happened to me in one game. Around december the game decided to do a base assault on my main base. Then for the next 2 months nearly every wave had a base assault ship. I ended up doing 5 base defences, and shooting down 3 on the way to my base. Seems like the game wigs out after deciding for a base assault and keeps repeating it.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny. I've never gotten past march in any of my 5ish build/experimental playthroughs, but i NEVER had my base assaulted. Well, i surely don't let them UFO get close enough.

I've been getting a lot of terror missions, though, most of the time they happen simultaneously with a UFO crash, and i have to choose-if i choose the terror mission, unless i do it on the way back from the terror site (unless it's really close - i've been having some, not just on the other side of the planet YAY!) chances are it will disappear while i go back to base, rearm, and fly there.

Is this supposed to be happening, Aaron? I could guess it's a push to have us have more then one transport ready, at a certain point in the game. It's coo, tho, more $$$ :)

I think you've gone too long without winning. I've never made it through a year. You might have lost.

Welcome to your planet under the alien yoke...

Alien Takeover - All our politicians are cold blooded, self serving, inhuman reptiles.

Alien Infiltration - Corporations have been infiltrated, determined to destroy the environment, to turn into something they want, for profit.

Alien Cloning - Vacuous plastic Autons pass themselves off as interchangeable celebrities.

Alien Abduction - Numerous protesters & activists go missing under the auspices of "terror" "extremism" and "rendition"

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Welcome to your planet under the alien yoke...

Alien Takeover - All our politicians are cold blooded, self serving, inhuman reptiles.

Alien Infiltration - Corporations have been infiltrated, determined to destroy the environment, to turn into something they want, for profit.

Alien Cloning - Vacuous plastic Autons pass themselves off as interchangeable celebrities.

Alien Abduction - Numerous protesters & activists go missing under the auspices of "terror" "extremism" and "rendition"

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Looks like you got it right ;).

(First post woo!)

I ran into a similar problem, but much earlier in the game. October was an incredibly quiet month, then at the end of the month, I get three terror missions in a row, two of them in the same city somewhere in Russia. I saved before the first one, and when I won (with half my men remaining) the same exact city lit up with another terror mission. First time it was robotic soldiers assisted by those terror disks, the second one was reapers and cebillians (or however you spell their name).

I'm not a fan of save scumming, but I had to in order to beat three terror missions in a row.

wow! that is early. They must really hate that city. Again, balancing should surely help limit the number of terror launching missions that are appearing. In EU1994 it was about a couple a month wasn't it? Perhaps a little more depending on alien bases, and how the game was going generally or difficulty levels.

Of course, there's always the tactical choice of just letting the aliens have the place, if they want it so badly. Depends on relations with that country. A stats tab will help out there.

Its actually kind of common for a city to be hit twice. I've had a city get nuked​ twice.

Even the label on a can of Raid tells us to apply ever 6 weeks :P.

Maybe to balance the Geo, after researching stun weapons they could spray the terror site with gas ... A little better alternative when trying to keep relations positive.

A city being hit twice may just be because that city is in a blind spot from your interceptors; thus, they can keep landing terror missions there.

Terror missions in a desolate, flattened and radioactive area that used to be a city? Something needs fixing here :)

This "nuke" the terror site looks terribly artificial, it's basically killing people. Not like any aliens would kill people there and stay around looting convenience stores.

Instead, a failed/ignored terror mission could trigger a request for a cleanup operation, to eliminate any aliens from the area, in much greater numbers.

The damage to the territories relations would have been done, tho, and further ignoring it would have a much more devastating effect on that territory's relations towards the organization. This COULD NOT be ignored, be it day or night.

Edited by Xenomorph

It reminds me of the twist ending to an '80s horror film, where they sanitised the location, heroes and all.

It's a bit of a jolt to see what steps the funding nations are willing to take. When you first meet the Reapers you can see they may have a point.