New X-Com game... Huh... What?

Ok I just seen this game on Steam and just about passed it over, but I accidently clicked on the link for it's info and now I'm here to grill people for answers, lol.

I'm a huge fan of X-Com UFO Defense and pretty much that only one in the series. With that being said I didn't mind the new Enemy Unknown, but it wasn't UFO Defense.

I've played all the other X-Coms in the series and most of the knockoffs of X-Com to date. None of the others have managed to keep my attention and they usually are un-installed within the week.

So I ask as a major UFO Defense fan and a barely impressed fan of everything else will I be modestly interested in this game Xenonauts? The graphics seem right from the screens I've seen, but what about the nuts and bolts if you will?

The only other question I have is; If this game will appeal to me is this the write time to buy it or are there to many game breaking bugs at the moment to properly enjoy it?

Cheers,

Ok I just seen this game on Steam and just about passed it over, but I accidently clicked on the link for it's info and now I'm here to grill people for answers, lol.

Cheers,

Sure...you just..."accidentally" clicked the link... :rolleyes:

Pretty much the same mechanics as the original, time-units, manufacturing, and all.

Though if you remain unconvinced (I've done a pretty bad job so far), just watch this:

[video=youtube;WySgxJTQL-U]

While it's version 18.3.2, the mechanics are the same since Chris and Goldhawk have moved on to bug fixes and the like.

As CP said X-nauts does retain X-Com's core features like time units, multiple bases, research, manufacture, the "pedia", destructible environments but with better graphics and modern UI as well as some additions like more weapon types, expanded air combat, presence of local forces etc. Best of all it still has that sandboxy gameplay where the aliens just do their thing and it's up to you tokeep up. There's no scripted events and the game doesn't "wait" for you.

So if you want that old school gameplay you should like Xenonauts though one can never be sure of course. In any case there will be a demo sooner or later.