[18.51 Ground Combat] Grenades still cannot be thrown over cover.

Not putting the grenades above the other bugs here, but that really should be fixed before the steam release. Like, the kids on steam will tear it apart, "Lame, grenades suck, blah blah" and the game will get a bad rep from the get go. Even if it pushes back the steam release, they should be fixed.

I agree with Gizmo... the game should be fun to play when released. crashes are annoying, but they happen here and there. they have to be fixed, but don't really make a fun game any less fun unless it's completely unplayable due to crashes.

broken game mechanics however are ALWAYS apparent and deter from the experience more

Not putting the grenades above the other bugs here, but that really should be fixed before the steam release. Like, the kids on steam will tear it apart, "Lame, grenades suck, blah blah" and the game will get a bad rep from the get go. Even if it pushes back the steam release, they should be fixed.

I agree with Gizmo, and would add that in this game where the aliens have a decided advantage (as it should be) throwing a grenade from cover is a rare jem, and then... I BLEW MYSELF UP WITH IT?!...fuel for the fire for sure.

btw - In 18.5 I have had grenades occasionally clearing low cover (fence, single stack hay bale), and have even had a very few that appeared to clear taller cover.

For me the real problem with grenades is that they can be tossed at sniper rifle range. (as of 18.51+fix)

I sincerely believe it should not be possible to throw a grenade past a pistols optimum range; otherwise they just get immensely overpowered.

For me the real problem with grenades is that they can be tossed at sniper rifle range. (as of 18.51+fix)

I sincerely believe it should not be possible to throw a grenade past a pistols optimum range; otherwise they just get immensely overpowered.

Yep, agree with Stinkspray too. There was a suggestion, a while back, that it match effective shotgun range or something of the like - about the same as pistol. IMHO that would seem reasonable.

Edited by Omots