[V18.51 - Ground Combat] Aliens don't use ammo

Very observant. You're correct, the aliens don't actually use ammo. It was causing some strange behaviours and occasionally crashes, so we've given them unlimited ammo.
I think this has unbalanced ground combat substantially. I'm receiving dozens of auto fire bursts and cannon rounds on some maps. Because of the sheer volume of fire coming from FOW my guys are getting killed even by misses. You need to do something to offset this if you don't plan to fix the bugs. Try to imagine giving our rocket launchers unlimited ammo to get an idea of how bad this is.

Chris, it feels like the central strategy to dealing with more and more bugs recently has become "lets make unlimited this or unlimited that" in the name of one simplification or other. I honestly don't think that this is the right kind of approach to deal with the various technical problems that have risen in the last few weeks.

I have the utmost respect for your team and this project, but some of the recent designing choices seem like someone had a serious OD of "F*#kitall". I understand that you guys are under a great deal of pressure due to the game going live on steam, but this shouldn't come at the cost of having (what I believe to be) the OGs spirit getting snuffed out like that. Especially, since the OG is the main reason most of us supported this project in the first place.

Edited by raziel1981

Today I had one Seblian with just a plasma rifle at a good spot just raze a row of hedges, trying to shoot my guys , and it seemed to shoot my guys from a bit beyond non armored xenos range. not to mention my guys were out of los, (no squad sight issues there). I would have loved a lull in the barrages to stick my nose out, he kept 4 of my guys unable to progress till i sent my RL dude to blast blindly into the darkness, this kept me busy for more then an hour lol

I agree. Given how accurate they are, that they can wipe out a troop before I can even get within sight of them (currently trawling through easy level again as is my way), as soon as they get rifles I can not complete ground missions at all. Kinda just kills the game :(