v18 Maps - my thoughts

I find the large map size adds an intensity I like to the 'Search and Destroy' aspect of a mission.

I agree with Amiga4ever the openness of large areas of terrain can be problematic...Yesterday, on such a map (nightime), I had cleared 3/4 of the map with no baddies encountered. Then because I stopped movement in open terrain, and probably one space before the aliens became visible, I had two wounded by baddies.

You have to use the smoke grenades.

If I really hadto "fix" those empty spaces, instead of objects I'd have slopes, like these from the original: http://lparchive.org/X-COM-UFO-Defense/Update%2016/15-xcom213.png

I have a question about xenonauts maps (tought it was ok to post it there): are they randomly generated (again like to original) or not?

They're not randomly generated as that resulted in, well, crap maps. And the original was semi-random.

I think they're all set maps in Xeno, there's just heaps of them.

Also can't have slopes due to the engine.

There's heaps of maps? i've just done the exact same map 4 of the last 5 missions.