Game Version 17.9

Sorry are me Engl to bad to say this waht now fellow.

Can anyone translate it pls.

Für mich ist die VErsion nicht Spielbar .

Ja ich weiss es is eine Alpha Version, aber das ja der Punkt wir sollen doch was testen damit es besser wird.

Aber aus nachfolgenden Gründen ist diese Version weniger Spielbar wie die Version 17.6.

1.Es ist mein erster Bodenkampf gegen die Besatzung eines Scouts.

Doch dies gestalltet sich schon als unmöglich und das bei einer leichten Schwierigkeitseinstellung.

Ich versuche einen Soldaten von Deckung zu Deckung zubewegen, doch promt setzt das Reaktionsfeuer ein.

Welches nartürlich zu 100 % trifft und jedesmal einen Mann kostet.

Unter normalen Bedingungen würde ich ja den "Laden Speichergott" betätigen, aber da Spielstände ja diesmal garnicht funktionieren ist dies leider auch keine option.

2.Wenn man sich unter viel Mühe ein einen Gegner herrangearbeitet hat und das Glück hatte nicht dabei schon 1-2 Mann zuverlieren dann vertragen die Jungs von der andren Feldpostnummer einfach zuviel.

Ich habe bei meinen mehrmaligen Versuchen heute, mehr wie einmal erlebt das der Kerl nach drei Treffern aus der Schrottflinte noch stand.

Sich dann loker umdreht und einen den Mann wegpustet.

Das bedarf zwingend eines schnellen fixes das ganze .

Damit man auch testen kann und eine Chance hat in das "Spätgame" zugelangen um dort dan nauch zutesten.

Für mich ist die VErsion nicht Spielbar .

Ja ich weiss es is eine Alpha Version, aber das ja der Punkt wir sollen doch was testen damit es besser wird.

Aber aus nachfolgenden Gründen ist diese Version weniger Spielbar wie die Version 17.6.

1.Es ist mein erster Bodenkampf gegen die Besatzung eines Scouts.

Doch dies gestalltet sich schon als unmöglich und das bei einer leichten Schwierigkeitseinstellung.

Ich versuche einen Soldaten von Deckung zu Deckung zubewegen, doch promt setzt das Reaktionsfeuer ein.

Welches nartürlich zu 100 % trifft und jedesmal einen Mann kostet.

Unter normalen Bedingungen würde ich ja den "Laden Speichergott" betätigen, aber da Spielstände ja diesmal garnicht funktionieren ist dies leider auch keine option.

2.Wenn man sich unter viel Mühe ein einen Gegner herrangearbeitet hat und das Glück hatte nicht dabei schon 1-2 Mann zuverlieren dann vertragen die Jungs von der andren Feldpostnummer einfach zuviel.

Ich habe bei meinen mehrmaligen Versuchen heute, mehr wie einmal erlebt das der Kerl nach drei Treffern aus der Schrottflinte noch stand.

Sich dann loker umdreht und einen den Mann wegpustet.

Das bedarf zwingend eines schnellen fixes das ganze .

Damit man auch testen kann und eine Chance hat in das "Spätgame" zugelangen um dort dan nauch zutesten

Right it's been a while since I had german in Highschool but I think this translates to something like this

"This Version is unplayable for me. I know that this is an Alpha Version but that's the point, we should be albe to test this game so that it will become a better game but because of the following points this version is less playable for me then the 17.6 Version.

1. It's my first ground combat agains the crew of a Scout but this turns outs to be impossible to succees in and that is even on an easy difficulty setting.

I try to move a soldier from cover to cover but I get an immidiate reaction fire agains me, which ofcourse hits 100% of the time and everytime kills my soldier.

Under normal circumstances I would invoke the "load saved game god" but because game settings don't work this time it's not an option.

2. When you finally, after a lot of effort and without loosing one or two men , manage to get close to the enemy they just withstand too many shots.

During multiple tries today I've seen it happen that I manage to hit the enemy with 3 hits from a shotgun but that he was still standing after that and then turns around and kills my men with one shot.

This needs a quick fix so that we have a chance to also test the later stages of the game"

There, I think that's it. Feel free to correct it if I made a mess of the translation, like I said, it's been a while. I also haven't checked out this version of the game yet so I can't comment on that

sandmann640, I haven't been able to play 17.9 yet, so I won't comment yet on the playthrough, but what I will say is that in the 17.9 release notes, Chris did specifically say there is no difference between difficulty settings. If you have the standalone downloaded, you can manually adjust stats so they are closer to your expectations.

i have to agree to with the first poster - the aliens are ridiculously hard to kill. i tried to get through an alien terror attack on a city - i lost 4 soldiers plus a tank before i got the first god damn lizard down.

i have seen the mention about the difficulty settings so i wont complain right now - but it would be nice if the "ready to play" versions easy settings would indeed be easy - for all those who dont associate "Suicidal maniac" with easy settings... :-)

ohh - and my game crashes all the time during combat - is there any chance that the game (I´m using desura) creates any kind of log which i can send to you guys for inspection? I´d like to see that game finished, after all.

second - i have some kind of creeping suspicion... at one time there was a mention of a dozen additional research projects available - but there was no mention of them in the actual research screen...

however - since theres no chance chance to get past the first few game days i have no real chance to confirm wheather i´m right about this or not...

As far as reporting crashes and other bugs, usually people simply describe what happens, and include a save file if possible. The difficulty settings are (based on what I've experienced and others have said) more or less at a "normal" difficulty setting, although crazy stuff does happen, like getting half your squad killed (cover and suppressive fire is your best friend.) You could ask someone (like, make a thread) if you have all the researches you should have, listing the ones you do have and what you've done so they can compare the two.

What stops you from progressing past the first few days?

As for nerfing the aliens, form a parallel thread :-

I think the balance is about right for a normal setting. Despite now having to go out in their pyjamas, I've lost 4 soldiers in two months worth of play, including a good dozen scout missions and one terror site played twice. In fact two of the casualties were on the same terror site (game crashed on both occasions) in every one of those deaths, it was my own silly fault.

- walked a guy back round a corner when I knew there was an alien there, looking to finish it off.

- Stood a guy in the middle of a crossroads without any sort of cover.

- Last guy in the round went too far out of cover, and was left exposed with no back up.

- Don't make your already injured (friendly fire) soldier be the first one into the UFO.

Since I'm not a particularly cautious player, this really seems to be a fair return.

Yes, it does take multiple shots to take down a Sebillian. So it should. They're tough. I equip accordingly and adjust tactics. Exactly the same thing I had to do way back when Cyberdiscs would take half of my squad to take down. Even then the explosion would put a few troops at risk. That sort of feeling is the one that stays with me. A win that wasn't too difficult, has a feeling of exciting dread and gives a few memories.

The R&D has changed in this build - you need to research Jackal Armour, the Alien Invasion is already started for you. However, it all seems to be there. At least what I'd expect for this build.