What is the target release date?

Chris,

I know you've been going through a lot -- hair pulling, head scratching and probably loss of sleep. I definitely appreciate all the hard work, and the amazing evolution this project has gone through since I saw the first glimpse of it some time ago.

I also know that refactoring code, replicating bugs and adding new functionality -- no matter how 'minor' it may first appear, can cause a myriad of other issues. Only continual testing can determine whether the issues have been resolved.

So, hats off to the dedicated team that continues to push forward on this game, making it the best it can possibly be. I'm not in a huge rush myself. Lots of other things I can occupy my time with.

Take your time, do it once, do it right.

Next week involves Aaron doing the last UFO, me doing a lot of maps and various parts of the team working on the final mission. If those things all go to plan, the game will be playable from start to finish and beta arrives next week.

It may happen or it may not. I'd very much like to prove tiggerwof wrong though, so challenge accepted :)

• 4 months later...

sometimes i think by open up the forum and accepting virtually limitless of recommendations, could somehow lead to such open-ended project. job schedule could easily stray from original course by accepting new elements. not to say getting inputs from the public are no good, but one should apply control over it and knowing where to cutoff.

while waiting xenonauts, i am playing UFO: Alien Invasion. although the GUI looks like Fisher Price, certain 3D stuff like geoscapes, models, are not bad at all.