[V17.6 - Geoscape / Ground combat] Crash after the loading screen

I tried starting a new game three times now (the save from previous version makes the game crash).

Each time, after intercepting the first light scout and sending a Chinook to the crash site, the game crashes after the loading screen (the black one). When I reboot the game, there's a save of the game, but loading the save file will just make the game crash again.

EDIT: After some more testing, I found out that this happens only if I enable the Iron Man option.

Also, sometimes when the crash happens, I get "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error"

EDIT2: The same crash is now happening after I end my second turn in the first ground combat encounter. I'm getting the same Runtime error this time.

WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS ;_;

Edited by Teemu

I'm having difficulty with both 17.56 and 17.56 post hotfix.

I updated 17.52 to 17.56 from Desura, then applied the new update which I'm assuming was the hotfix.

I am having issues launching the game.

There seem to be some UI glitches that were not apparent in version 17.52.

Currently, I am not seeing any image in the start screen, where you select level and continue. Screen is completely white, with no background image. Sometimes, I can see the options.

Continuing into the game to the Geoscape, displays a black screen with a message stating 'Loading Geoscape', regardless of how long I wait.

So, it is currently impossible for me to place a base, thus I cannot even intercept a UFO to start a ground mission. 17.52 let me play for a while before I ran into any significant issue. I may try downloading the stand-alone, and see if that's any better for me.

Ive had similar issues from version 17 onwards. desura build. i have attempted a fresh desura install

Tested 17, 17.5. Everysingle time on ground combat loads it crashes. Mine occurs without ironman (haven't tried with). Numerous games, almost always a scout.

Just to update, I did a clean reinstall by deleting the old game folder completely and the game no longer crashes when loading ground combat. I've had 3 ground combats in a row with no problem. One combat I re-directed the Chinook to a new crash-site when it was returning to base and had no problem whatsoever.