End of mission stats screen improvements.

I'd like to have few improvements to the end of mission stats screen.

1. Alloys and alenium should be in their own paragraph under Recovered materials above the Recovered items we have now.
  2. Changes in panic levels should also be on display. The effects of your actions are often left a bit vague.
  3. Unit specific kill numbers.
Edited by Skitso
  • Like 3

• Skitso changed the title to End of mission stats screen improvements.
On 2/14/2024 at 8:35 AM, Skitso said:

I'd like to have few improvements to the end of mission stats screen.

1. Alloys and alenium should be in their own paragraph under Recovered materials above the Recovered items we have now.
  2. Changes in panic levels should also be on display. The effects of your actions are often left a bit vague.
  3. Unit specific kill numbers.

Yes, I've been thinking about turning the "Recovered Items" list into a "Mission Rewards" list and adding the Panic changes etc to it. I don't think it's worth adding a seperate list for recovered materials though; it'd take up too much screen estate and Alloys and Alenium are usually listed at the top anyway.

I'd like to include unit specific kill counts but there's literally no space for it once you take into account the maximum length of certain strings like the soldier name.

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

Yes, I've been thinking about turning the "Recovered Items" list into a "Mission Rewards" list and adding the Panic changes etc to it. I don't think it's worth adding a seperate list for recovered materials though; it'd take up too much screen estate and Alloys and Alenium are usually listed at the top anyway.

I'd like to include unit specific kill counts but there's literally no space for it once you take into account the maximum length of certain strings like the soldier name.

Would it make things too cumbersome to add one line of vertical space for the kill numbers? I mean it would add a bit more scrolling, but it's a highly requested feature. It's like seeing a soccer game end results without knowing who scored the goals...

Edit: making items, materials and panic changes each different color might make things more clear and easier to digest.

Edited by Skitso

Yeah, we can't really add any more vertical space. The only possible space is the right hand side of the soldier role line; I guess with icons we could maybe have an indicator for it. Something like this:

image.png

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Skitso said:

..and if the space is really tight, you can always stack those icons on top of each other so even larger kill counts wouldn't break it. Go for it! :)

Rather compress them like crests at Crussader Kings, when you get too much land, or personal achievement, then they start sort of shift. Overlap each other, bit by bit, when needed,, to fit given space

Edited by gG-Unknown

10 hours ago, gG-Unknown said:

Rather compress them like crests at Crussader Kings, when you get too much land, or personal achievement, then they start sort of shift. Overlap each other, bit by bit, when needed,, to fit given space

Yeah, that's what I tried to convey with stacking. :)

11 hours ago, Skitso said:

Yeah, that's what I tried to convey with stacking. :)

Words tent to be misleading.

Screenshot-2017-02-16-00.02.50-1.png

Lines with crests for Diplomacy and Claims has wide spacing. Crests are fully visible.

The top line "Titles" crests are overlapping to fit given space.

Lets hope Criss find programming time for these small but nice features.

Details matters :-]

Edited by gG-Unknown