Abduction site mission only has 9 instead of 10 captured civilians

Lathanda

Version 2.08D

The mission reads rescue 5 out of 10 captured civilians.

After controlling the whole maps with all aliens dead. I'm pretty sure there is no 10th civilian to rescue.

It's not really a high priority as 5 are enough, but if you say there are 10 to rescue, then there should be 10.

Consider showing the number of aliens left in a map. If you are experienced, you know it by watching the enemy phase.

As each alien needs a certain time to move, you can pretty exactly guess how many aliens to expect. In Addion the alien count is pretty predictable.

Showing the number would help novices and wouldn't change anything for experts.

auto_groundcombat_turn_8_start-28.json auto_groundcombat_turn_6_start-24.json auto_strategy_before_combat-3.json

I think you missed the last spot by a hair's margin(one of your soldiers was almost directly looking at it), which tbf it is easy to miss if you're on the default perspective. Regarding the suggestion about alien counts, I'll bring this up to the team and see what the other people think. Thanks!

image.png.94a3a654837275425c0283a26c5ecf9a.pngimage.png.cff64d1c6b7a9ef02747f2f123eb28da.png

• Haha 1

@Kouki, regarding the issue @Lathanda brings up above, where an experienced player can easily guesstimate the number of aliens remaiming on a map by how long the AI turn takes...

It might be a good idea to set a minimum time for enemy turn to add more uncertainty to the latter parts of a mission.

Might be a toggle in options too.

18 hours ago, Skitso said:

@Kouki, regarding the issue @Lathanda brings up above, where an experienced player can easily guesstimate the number of aliens remaiming on a map by how long the AI turn takes...

It might be a good idea to set a minimum time for enemy turn to add more uncertainty to the latter parts of a mission.

Might be a toggle in options too.

Yeah this seems to be an option that Chris might be more amenable to, will be bringing this up as well, thanks.

On 11/3/2023 at 4:04 PM, Lathanda said:

Ok you are right. there is a 10th pot but it's nearly invisible.

Perhaps it would be possible to add a little glow to mission targets.

image.png.d1f35471127bc9c725efc4202ecaf571.png

We've added an illumination effect to the abduction pods to help with sighting the pods during night missions, as for the glow I can try bringing this up with the team and see what they think

7 hours ago, Ruggerman said:

This type of mission should be called a "hostage Release", but who am I to set labels.

Hostage usually implies that they're held for the purpose of getting something from the enemy (for a payment, lift sanctions, etc.), the aliens don't seem to be really interested in negotiating with us humans tho!

• Like 2