Suggestion about Prologue

• 2 weeks later...

This is something we could do quite easily, but I think a lot of people would be disappointed in an XCOM game that didn't have a largely randomised starting squad. Part of the fun is going through and seeing what idiots the game has given you this time around.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chris said:

This is something we could do quite easily, but I think a lot of people would be disappointed in an XCOM game that didn't have a largely randomised starting squad. Part of the fun is going through and seeing what idiots the game has given you this time around.

You could add it as an option on game start up, for the people who want a more consistent start/roleplay reasons.

21 hours ago, Chris said:

In this case, the game can generate random soldiers for a training mission

On 10/20/2023 at 1:09 PM, Chris said:

I agree with skaianDestiny.   Players are free to choose either play the tutorial and get a fixed starting squad plus some randomized soldiers that were (so to speak) recently arrived. Either skip the tutorial and get a fully randomized starting squad as planned. 

Otherwise, there are reasons in Komandos` suggestion.

This solution will please those players (and I think there are a lot of them) who care about the "role-playing" component of the game (because why all these renaming of names and surnames), plus it plays for emotional involvement: hey, this Sebilian just killed my stormtrooper, who was a veteran who survived the siege of the original base! How on earth did that happen?

Edited by BrotherErmak

On 10/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, Chris said:

Agree,

but

here is also  moment of  the "main_hero", which worked in Darkest Dungeon. Two heroes is passed to player always the same. There are  also achievements focused at "surviving  initial heroes".  Perhaps  you could  use  this effect to your advantage. Keep two soldiers of fixed names and  stats thru  prologue to the game.  Coincidentally you could use names Reynauld and Dismas :-] so the player  somewhat expect the grim future.

Edited by gG-Unknown

On 10/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, Chris said:

Part of the fun is going through and seeing what idiots the game has given you this time around

Yeah exactly my thoughts at every start of a new game. But I still do agree with @BrotherErmak, that getting the same squad of soldiers from the prologue/tutorial would be great and help immersion