Some feedback and ideas to take the game to the very next level

Speaking as an Ironman player, I hope the progression model doesn't mean that after you do a lot of research the smaller UFOs disappear. If things go wrong, it would be nice to still be able to attack the smaller UFOs, knowing that your chance of success is higher with the new weaponry you have researched to put you back on the right track (although, of course, for less gain). If I remember rightly this was what happened in Xen1.

I'm all for variation in missions too! Sadly I never got to play TFTD or X-com Apocalypse as they were difficult to run on my pc.

I really am impressed with the rotation feature, which is something this type of game always needed.

Edited by ooey

13 hours ago, ooey said:

Speaking as an Ironman player, I hope the progression model doesn't mean that after you do a lot of research the smaller UFOs disappear. If things go wrong, it would be nice to still be able to attack the smaller UFOs, knowing that your chance of success is higher with the new weaponry you have researched to put you back on the right track (although, of course, for less gain). If I remember rightly this was what happened in Xen1.

I'm all for variation in missions too! Sadly I never got to play TFTD or X-com Apocalypse as they were difficult to run on my pc.

I really am impressed with the rotation feature, which is something this type of game always needed.

For those "older Games, one Word DOSBox (I use D-Fend  Reloaded as it's front end). You can play all sorts of those old classics using it :cool:

15 hours ago, Dren608 said:

For those "older Games, one Word DOSBox (I use D-Fend  Reloaded as it's front end). You can play all sorts of those old classics using it :cool:

Yep, and thanks for the suggestion! But now xen2 is nearly here I will have to visit these old classics a little later. 

There is another suggestion that may warrant implementation (perhaps by a modder). What if you have a wounded soldier category whereby their status is "permanently injured" until some new tech comes along that enables them to be rehabilitated? Then you have the added dilemma of whether to let them go or keep them (if they had good stats) in the hope of returning them to combat some day. The only mechanic I never really liked in xen1 was that you knew how many days it would take a soldier to recover. Perhaps this should just be stated in weeks, days or months depending on the severity of the wound (as ETAed in real life) and not be a constant.

Edited by ooey

10 hours ago, cman1983 said:

Also @Chris the shields go into main hand and hand gun in other how come wen in battle are the shields in left hand and guns in right is it a bug 

I think the idea is Main weapon/secondary. I actual combat soldier would hold shield in non prominent hand and Gun in the prominent one. It's to prevent you from carrying a two handed weapon and the shield both at the ready.

@Chris Can we have some Left handed soldiers? I haven't seen any in the animations so far, it would be an interesting touch and I figure ask now because that is another animation sequence for shooting/throwing etc.

• The Xenopedia is now accessible in tactical combat (from the Esc menu) if you want to check enemy stats or abilities.

This, of course, is a BIG improvement on Xen 1! It shows you that the small developers tend to listen to their fan base more than the big ones. Well done for this Chris, as something as simple as this kind of accessibility enhances the gameplay greatly (if only companies like  Gaijin would listen to players with regards to War Thunder like this...).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don´t get nervous. Chris is reading our Suggestions and contact the other Devs. He isn´t deciding that alone about a lot of things that have to be intended.

Some Suggestions will be implented, others not. What makes Sense, bring more Gameplay-Fun without destroying the Game / Storyline, give the Game more Pepper or was thought from the Devs already (get tested and come back or can now integrated from the original planing [see Kickstarter] in Protoypes like Milestone 2+) get in.

The Problem is that the Game have to be done for Minumum, Medium and High-End-PCs as well as that Programming Games have here & there Limits. What Limits Xenonauts 2 have, we all don´t know yet. There is still a lot of Potential open [Keyword: Modders after the Base-Game is complete as well as Stable and Modding-Options can be worked on], and evtl. we get Special-Missions / Special-Events and similar too (like Planed and pre-tested in the Betas). 

Edited by Alienkiller
  • Like 1

Hello I'm XENONAUTS fan, and I hope that developers will make this game even more interesting. So some interesting features which I guess must be added to the game.

I hope all other fans will add more interesting ideas too :)

p.s. If Developers want make game interesting I can join DEV. crew and make best UFO game ever :)) I have many ideas :)

1. We cant use alien weapons in game at the moment. And I think it is not logical. Of course alien weapons is more complicated and solders event do not know how to use them and aim them, but in real life I guess any solder who will get alien tech like a gun will find way how to Triger it. if it is not psionic weapon or mind control weapon. My point is that even if gun is not researched eat solders who grab it should use any alien gun, but with penalties, for example aiming penalties or even injuries. And for example solder should use gun around 10 times to eliminate penalties. Like experience, Even if solder shoot to the door or tree or to the ground. Should be something like experience of each gun. and after some time this solder should be capable to use this gun even if it is not researched, but after research any of solders should use it with out penalties. Also I think if you out of ammos or low on time points but you close to the target, solders must have possibilities to kick alien, and in some ways stun him. 

2. specializations. in game there is training facilities. I think it should be more logical to train each solder specializations. For example use equipment with additional aiming bonus or  weapons with additional bonuses. Even in real life there is no universal solders who can shoot with any weapons with same accuracy.

3. New motorized equipment. add some kind of bots who will add visual contact or aiming bonus. Flying MARS or JUPITER :) so it would be more interesting to play.

4. money earning possibilities. Manufacturing and selling with bigger profit. For example some kind of world trade enquiries. Europe want buy new weapons and they want to pay extra money for quick manufacturing, because now there is no good possibilities to earn money from selling stuff. only one way to wait until month end.

5. more tactics in fly combat, for example hold position, and atack from different sides, make armor stronger in front , but weaker in back and sides, and more other stuff :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. It would be great to have more instruments at Recruit soldiers window:
1) Additional column that contains sum of all parameters for each soldier. It would be helpful in choosing universal soldier.
2) Additional column with Loadout like one at Manage soldiers window. Thus, it will be possible to assign roles to all or most of the recruits once and optimal, and then recruit them accordingly their roles fast when conditions arise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2023 at 8:23 PM, GIraaa said:

image.thumb.png.ec898b10d29845bd222ef27da9728fdc.png

What do you mean by number 2? It's a bit unclear. For number 1, it would make sense as long as price is tied to the sum.

I tried to draw my ideas on the picture.

"Soldiers now have diminishing returns on attribute gains (so their base stat rolls are now more important), which also allows rookie soldiers to progress fairly quickly without breaking the game balance." (taked from "What are the differences between Xenonauts 1 and Xenonauts 2?")

So a strategy in which a soldier class is selected at the beginning of a recruit's career may be useful. It is difficult to do this in the Manage Soldiers window, because sorting by characteristics will lift veterans up. So it would be convenient to assign roles in the Recruit Soldier window, where all soldiers have the zero level.

Xenonauts2.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pyatack said:

So it would be convenient to assign roles in the Recruit Soldier window, where all soldiers have the zero level.

Xenonauts2.png

It would be nice for the game to color not only the attributes, but also the names of the soldiers. And so that this color does not change during the game. Then it will be easy to distinguish capable soldiers (with low starting characteristics) from soldiers with high starting characteristics.

i think need diferent things of other sagas Xcom, need personality:

1.- Use radar for detect diferent things, enemy, special resources, etc..... ( type space hulk ).

2.- Random things discover in houses ( pieces of weapons/armors, computers with research points, specials resources to make special things, money or other thing in houses or crates in a combat missions )

3.- Can add drones to multiple purposes, detect special items at map with special scan, add vision range, distract the enemy proyect holograms...  ( i recomend see Xcom online game for type of use drones )

4.- i think not investigate armor or weapons... investigate pieces of armor or weapons and with a base chasis of type weapon and you can personalice your weapons or armors. ( exemple base chasis of rifle and add magazine, opticals, muzzle,etc.. personalize stats of rifle )

5.- with money can make option to invest in any type of bussines can get you a return of money.. not only depend of countrys rewenue or sell stocks. can posibility of develops your bussines... for more revenue.

6.- posibility of multiplayer option a future... ( example xcom online )

7.- not lineal game.. more options of ending game. ( thats make replayable game )

8.- more malus in game not only moral... can break weapon, or gun stuck or critical posibility explode amunnition... and options to repair this malus.

9.- Can option to mobile little base.... slow move and more expensive...

10.- can make mini bots  or turrents low life but multipupose, can make it with resources in combat game ingeniering... robots vision, gather resources or other things... can repair in game or create with resources found.

11.- break with all lineal options in general... more posibilities and more replayable game... thats make game classic and diferent.

i have more ideas... but im see not its de way of this game progress but if aplly any diferents ideas can be a diferent Xcom game... not only a clone.

for last idea can make spanish and other languages space in forums... for the people cant speak english,

Please sorry my bad english im spanish. 

Edited by Erraticus

• 1 month later...

Multiplayer isn´t not good for several very good Reasons (like destorying the Storyline, destroying the Game-Fun etc.). That destructions have been seen for very good Games in the Past, which get combined the Storyline and the Multiplayer and destroyed the Game or have to be outsourced completely in an seperate Game. For the 2nd Point the Devs don´t have time and the other Idea destroy the Game. Means Idea 6 is out (or have to be done like in the new XCOM-Series later, if there is time for it).

From the Ideas (1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10) you mention the first Betatesters and additional Betatesters go conform. Similar Ideas get Mentioned from them too already. That you and others come with that too is very good and helpfull.

Idea 3 sounds very interessting too. Let´s hope that this is possible and give more cool Options.

Edited by Alienkiller