Development Update - 23 October 2012

Chris

Thanks for update Chris. It's great to hear you found a way to shrink number of gamefiles.

We've also taken quite a bit of money in recent weeks thanks to the Firaxis X-Com raising interest in the genre and not quite nailing the job of following up the original X-Com, at least in the eyes of the hardcore fans.

That is nice, especially considering that all players should be happy now.

For fast/easy/shallow gameplay they have Firaxis X-Com and for old school experience they will have Xenonauts. :)

Having read reviews of Firaxis' game, I was disappointed by their movement system, the inability to blast buildings to bits and a couple of other things. That made sure that Xenonauts would be the game to get my money, so I just sprung for the premium pre-order and I'll be giving the current version a go tonight.

Good luck and god speed. We really need this game out there and in good quality!

Appreciate the update Chris. Hope that things will settle down a bit, so the bugs can be worked through properly.

No one likes to rush a release out, but sometimes it's the right choice, despite known issues and poorly tested code.

I find myself wishing there was something more I could do to help you reach for the beta.