A couple of suggestions/bugs?

I wasn't sure if these were suggestions or bugs, so I figured I'd put them here first and move any bugs to the correct area.

1) Should a soldier standing inside the chinook hit an adjacent crouching soldier on the ground? I thought he could shoot over him since he was elevated.

2) If you've issued an order for a soldier, you can't change it while he is moving (have to cancel and then give the new).

3) Should my crosshair be black when mousing over an alien? Click me. I thought it was red when there was a line of fire and black when not?

Also, would you like me to write a new bug report for bugs that I have already mentioned for a previous build, but are still present?

Edited by GrumpySage
Numbering

What AD said. Its better to have them as separate for ease of viewing as well as specifying which build you're using. Hmm, maybe I should make a 'general bug questions' thread for each Build as well...

Oh, and numbering questions helps with answering them. Anyways, onwards!

1. There should be a chance that you can shoot over him, but its not a sure thing and you're pretty likely to hit them.. Crouching soldiers are meant to be slightly smaller than standing, but you can still hit them.

2. Yeah, its a bit annoying. But on the other hand, you have to click twice to get them to move on that path. Cancelling is a bit slow too (doesn't always register in time).

3. I have no idea. I've had it be red and black, so I just ignore it and focus on the %. It'll be 0% if there no chance to hit.

I think it should be red though if there's an enemy target.

1) Maybe we should add code so that you can automatically shoot over a friendly soldier crouched in an adjacent tile. Right now you have a 60% chance of shooting him in the back of the head. Or possibly there should be an increase in the chance of hitting the soldier with distance from the player in regards to friendly fire.

2) This is pretty much intentional. Cancel the move if you need to reissue it.

3) This is a bug I spotted myself earlier and it's on our fix list for V8.3.

My initial post now has 100% more numbering! (thanks for reminding me Sathra).

1) Chris, it was mostly because the soldier shooting looks elevated because he is still in the chinook (but the game probably doesn't recognize this?), especially compared to the crouching soldier on the ground.

I think most people would assume one can shoot over friendly crouching soldiers with a soldier standing up, but as long as it is mentioned somewhere that this is not the case, that should be fine. I like your last idea though, but you'll of course have to gauge if it is worth it compared to how long it will take to implement.

Any plans for showing it on the crosshair when there is a chance of friendly fire?

1) Maybe we should add code so that you can automatically shoot over a friendly soldier crouched in an adjacent tile. Right now you have a 60% chance of shooting him in the back of the head. Or possibly there should be an increase in the chance of hitting the soldier with distance from the player in regards to friendly fire.

Yes, definitely, to both points.